Confirmed with Link: Tony DeAngelo on unconditional waivers in second buyout window.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People are actually whining about moving on from TDA.
"they could have held onto him at $5M and gotten a 5th rd pick at the TDL . . . "

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
"they could have held onto him at $5M and gotten a 5th rd pick at the TDL . . . "

Yeah the strange obsession of caring about moving on from TDA is odd.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I'm sure its a complete accident you're lying about what people actually have a problem with. Here, let me help: it's the fact that the handling of this situation has been an entire debacle.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Is it true, as stated in Flyers Insider, that the Canes owner,Tom Dundon vetoed the DeAngelo trade?
We can only speculate what the insider were referring to with his choice of words. If I had to guess, they may have shied off the trade after the league took interest into the potential cap circumvention. I don't think the league actually okayed the trade if it happened after July 9th. They possibly just informed the teams that NHL Central Registry would altogether refuse to register the A-to-B-to-A transfer of a player with retention if it happened within a year. After July 9th it would be registered, but quite likely still investigated for cap circumvention. It's plausible that Dundon called the shot at this point, not wanting to risk a forfeiture of a draft pick or somesuch punishment. Let me stress, this is all my own speculation.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
They possibly just informed the teams that NHL Central Registry would altogether refuse to register the A-to-B-to-A transfer of a player with retention if it happened within a year. After July 9th it would be registered, but quite likely still investigated for cap circumvention.
Now we know who to blame for destroying flyers fans hopes of trading the man after midnight on July 10.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I’ll be mildly surprised if he isn’t signed by Carolina to some short-term bargain contract later this summer. He’s a known quantity and it’s worked for them with the same cast of characters before.
Only if they don't get Karlsson.... Burns and Karlsson will make TDA a no go for them.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Only if they don't get Karlsson.... Burns and Karlsson will make TDA a no go for them.
I agree, but you wrote that he was unemployable and I think Carolina is an obvious fit should their high-level of difficulty pursuit of EK not pan out. He’s certainly not in high demand, so I’m probably guilty of nitpicking at your choice of words.

Reactions: BernieParent

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I agree, but you wrote that he was unemployable and I think Carolina is an obvious fit should their high-level of difficulty pursuit of EK not pan out. He’s certainly not in high demand, so I’m probably guilty of nitpicking at your choice of words.
I'd say only one team that has to have another transaction fall through = pretty much.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Not a mistake, a decent gamble. Like throwing your cash in the sewer and hoping it flows back to you somehow.
The loooove boat soon will be making another run
The loooove boat promises something for everyone

Sorry.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
One thing that hasn't changed in the #NewErrorInOrange is slagging players on the way out the door like Clarke used to do. WTF?

DeAngelo produced points at a reasonable pace (11 goals, 42 points in 70 games) and brought some intensity and physical competitiveness. However, the Flyers struggled to keep the puck out of their own net when DeAngelo was on the ice. ...​
This is the second time in DeAngelo's career has been waived for buyout purposes. He was bought out by the New York Rangers in June 2021 before signing with the Carolina Hurricanes.​

Transaction Analysis: DeAngelo Placed on Unconditional Waivers

Last edited:

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
One thing that hasn't changed in the #NewErrorInOrange is slagging players on the way out the door like Clarke used to do. WTF?

DeAngelo produced points at a reasonable pace (11 goals, 42 points in 70 games) and brought some intensity and physical competitiveness. However, the Flyers struggled to keep the puck out of their own net when DeAngelo was on the ice. ...​
This is the second time in DeAngelo's career has been waived for buyout purposes. He was bought out by the New York Rangers in June 2021 before signing with the Carolina Hurricanes.​

Transaction Analysis: DeAngelo Placed on Unconditional Waivers
Has anyone in these circles mentioned the guy who traded a boatload, re-signed and gave him that overpayment? Curious. It’s always the player’s fault, not the idiots bringing them in and giving them awful contracts.

Even though they had all the information they needed before Tony was ever a Flyer.
Stupid franchise.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Has anyone in these circles mentioned the guy who traded a boatload, re-signed and gave him that overpayment? Curious. It’s always the player’s fault, not the idiots bringing them in and giving them awful contracts.

Even though they had all the information they needed before Tony was ever a Flyer.
Stupid franchise.
problem is hes exactly the type of player this Org drools over..

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
I'd say only one team that has to have another transaction fall through = pretty much.
Nice try. You wrote that in response to the rumor that the Canes’ owner stepped in to prevent the trade, not because Briere and Waddell didn’t come together on a trade. You couldn’t have possibly been saying that TDA was “pretty much” unemployable because Carolina was the only team with any interest in him, since that’s as newsworthy as “Sun Rises in East.”

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Remember when some people confused being an asshole for being good defensively in justifying the signing last summer? I remember.
Yep. Loved that attitude from afar. We need that here! He cares! Sticks up for teammates.
Except when he’s getting in fights with them.
oh wait, he’s just a jerk. Who could have known?

problem is hes exactly the type of player this Org drools over..
Last response was kinda to both posts.
C’mon automerge!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad