Confirmed with Link: Tony DeAngelo on unconditional waivers in second buyout window.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Paid to trade Ghost, paid dearly to replace him. Fletcher was a complete disaster.
Traded Ghost for negative value

Traded Voracek for a worse player of a less valuable type

Traded Giroux for a big dumb shooter whose aim is so bad he has a clause in his contract requiring him to sit when he pees in the locker room

Removed Lindblom to have space to add a ECHL-level goon

Waived NAK to make room for
more trash

And more

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
These are the types of issues that piss me off greatly. I would rather bury him in the minors and try to jettison him for a 2050 7th round pick then use a buyout. Who cares if he is terrible? We don't need the cap space and it would save the little cap space next year with which a wise rebuilding GM would use to take on bad contracts and get picks (like the Cal Petersen deal).

It pisses me off that we traded the picks for him. We should sue Fletcher for breach of fiduciary duty.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I just love it when you respond dismissively to speculation with your own bullshit speculation.

20230715_163120.gif

This is the danger of LSD kids

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think what he’s trying to say is that Fletcher thought he was buying low because a completely rehabbed DeAngelo would be worth more than they paid. In essence, he’s divorcing the evaluation from the trade.

I’ve personally used a similar argument to say that Daniel Jones was the correct pick at 6OA, but that’s only because their evaluation of him was absurd. You do not pass on what you think is a franchise QB. You don’t get cute and try to manipulate the board. You take him.

Yes, I agree that’s even more damning of Fletcher. :laugh:

This is just what it comes down to for me. I can't even begin to wrap my head around trying to justify the value of the trade vs. DeAngelo's potential if he recovers since I think it's pretty obvious he was never going to.

I suppose if we're grading based on how good Fletcher thought he would be, then yeah it was a great gamble - but Fletch didn't know what he was doing so what's even the point.

I dunno. I just wanna yell about anything posted positively pertaining to that TDA deal/tenure.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Chuck was in survival mode. If TDA and Torts somehow worked, the Flyers likely would’ve been having a season where they could make the case to themselves that the arrow was pointing up and the fan base would’ve been far less visceral.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Buyout guy with well known character issues and at the same time spent 7th overall pick for a guy with well known character issues.
Great “new culture” building, another typical Flyers moves

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
DeAngelo got suspended multiple times (once by his own team, iirc) in juniors for being a shithead, got traded away by Tampa before he even played a game for them, traded away by the coyotes after a season, the rags eventually paid him like $4 million to go sit at home for most of a season before buying him out the next offseason, and after that the best contract he could get was a whopping $1 million from the canes. Luckily for him, Bear caught covid and DeAngelo got the opportunity to replace him next to Slavin, who made him look like a passable nhl defenseman. Chuckles, duped by this, traded the house for him and gave him $10 million.

Now, just a year later, his ass got bought out again. I don’t follow the draft very closely, but what could Michkov have possibly done that’s close to any of that?

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
Buyout guy with well known character issues and at the same time spent 7th overall pick for a guy with well known character issues.
Great “new culture” building, another typical Flyers moves
"Well known character issues.". Yes, overwhelmingly, reports I've read say Michkov is highly competitive, but supportive of his teammates, and that some grown men teammates didn't like being called out by a 17/18-year old. Does he need to mature, moderate his approach? Very likely. Bad character? Not seeing it.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
prolly a garbage peice but anyways

Torts strikes again..

lol @ Anyone who still think Torts isnt in full control of whos on the team going forward

briere/jones are just yes men to give Torts n the oldbois the "bullies" they want back ever so badly..

skill is for the weak

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
after that the best contract he could get was a whopping $1 million from the canes.
I'm not perfectly sure of that... Canes signed him promptly on Jul 28th 2021, the Free Agency day and the first day of 2021-22. I suspect there may have been other takers for him, and a risk of minor auction happening. I think it is in the realm of possible that someone had already offered or might have offered him more than one million dollars, at least after some teams had missed their targeted free agent, but that Canes as a team was better bet for Tony for some other reason and he went with that.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
prolly a garbage peice but anyways

Torts strikes again..

lol @ Anyone who still think Torts isnt in full control of whos on the team going forward

briere/jones are just yes men to give Torts n the oldbois the "bullies" they want back ever so badly..

skill is for the weak

It’s the same shit. They fired what 3 hockey ops men after a decade of utter embarrassment?

Pryor, Hex, and Fletcher.

Hired a bunch of 90s Flyers to make sure the team stays in the right hands.

Never have I witnessed a franchise held in such a grip by its former alumni. Thankfully in another 10 years Torts might step away from an advisor position at the age of 75, and the “Flyer pool” shrinks further.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
It’s the same shit. They fired what 3 hockey ops men after a decade of utter embarrassment?

Pryor, Hex, and Fletcher.

Hired a bunch of 90s Flyers to make sure the team stays in the right hands.

Never have I witnessed a franchise held in such a grip by its former alumni. Thankfully in another 10 years Torts might step away from an advisor position at the age of 75, and the “Flyer pool” shrinks further.
its so true....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad