Rumor: Tony DeAngelo being traded back to Carolina next month but he also could not be.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Cap Hit Calculations​

SEASONINITIAL BASE SALARYINITIAL CAP HITSIGNING BONUSBUYOUT COSTPOST-BUYOUT EARNINGSSAVINGSCAP HIT (
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
PHI)
2023-24$5,000,000$5,000,000$0$1,666,667$1,666,667$3,333,333$1,666,667
2024-25$0$0$0$1,666,667$1,666,667-$1,666,667$1,666,667
TOTAL$5,000,000$5,000,000$0$3,333,333$3,333,333$1,666,667$3,333,334

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I have heard that due to a strange loop-hole that was not closed the interpretation of "calendar year" is a bit more open than previously thought... and it is not just in relation to the length of "this" calendar year, but allows the NHL to choose any calendar year in history.

And the NHL have chosen the calendar year of 46 BC as the basis in this instance. A year with 445 days.

Which means that there are still 78 days away from the trade going through.

Which funnily enough is September 26th. 2 weeks before the season starts... and more importantly 2068 years to the day in 46 BC that Julius Caesar himself dedicated the Temple in the Forum of Caesar to the goddess Venus Genetrix... the ancestor of all Roman people.

Which would have special pertinence to Tony who has spoke about being so proud of his Italian, and by extension Roman ancestry.

It is also the eve of Mawlid, Muhammed's birthday, that day... which is also pertinent to his Sicilian ancestry!

So really all in all the perfect day for the trade to go through.
I'm so involved in this ordeal, I'm checking this thread every other day (4-5 times a week).

Reactions: Appleyard

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
2ED is where I started, but they didn’t make equivalents of some 1ED books that were super helpful because of the Satanic Panic. We didn't get another one of these for example. I always loved that art.

3ED was weird, but it did get much better with 3.5. 4 was absolutely awful. I never bought more than the PHB and I gave that away. 5ED really did accomplish the goal of streamlining things for the DM, so I can't knock it.
I had ALL of the original AD&D hardcover books from the 80s. They were all absolutely beautiful. I had left the whole collection at a friend's house around 2000. The friend moved and got rid of them all. I was SOOOOOOO pissed off. I never kept up with what they did afterwards, but I liked that version of D&D

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sega.... the company that could have been. Did you know that Sony and Sega were working together at one point and that the birth of the Playstation exists because of Sony being scorned by Sega?

Yep. Sega knew that Sony had plans to break into the console market with CD tech too, but Nintendo was such a juggernaut that Sega happily took the lesser evil and figured "we'll deal with them later if we have to."

I believe Nintendo scorned Sony first and Sega ran to them to promise them help getting revenge. The 90s Console Wars were absolutely wild.

And on this topic, Sonic games had the absolute best music. Sonic Frontiers is quite lit on that front.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I'm not on board with buying out tda, makes no sense to carry salary any longer than we have to, worse come to worse he can lead the way to another bottom 7 finish

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Yep. Sega knew that Sony had plans to break into the console market with CD tech too, but Nintendo was such a juggernaut that Sega happily took the lesser evil and figured "we'll deal with them later if we have to."

I believe Nintendo scorned Sony first and Sega ran to them to promise them help getting revenge. The 90s Console Wars were absolutely wild.

And on this topic, Sonic games had the absolute best music. Sonic Frontiers is quite lit on that front.

Have you seen how much collusion there is to prop up video game values? Pretty wild stuff.

Side note : Karl Jobst is(was) a famous Goldeneye 64 speed runner.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
I'm not on board with buying out tda, makes no sense to carry salary any longer than we have to, worse come to worse he can lead the way to another bottom 7 finish
I don’t believe he can be bought out. There are two buyout windows. The first ends before the draft, while the second is available soon but only to teams that have a player go to arbitration. That’s why you’ll read comments about not being able to buyout TDA in the Cates signing thread. That’s my understanding.

Edit: Actually, I guess they could still buy him out within a certain period after the Cates settlement. The mere fact that Cates requested it seems to be enough. Not that I’m advocating for it, but it’s addition by subtraction at this point.

Last edited:

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
I don’t believe he can be bought out. There are two buyout windows. The first ends before the draft, while the second is available soon but only to teams that have a player go to arbitration. That’s why you’ll read comments about not being able to buyout TDA in the Cates signing thread. That’s my understanding.
Buying him out his stupid anyway. Just purchase him a one-way bus ticket to Lehigh Valley. He'll love it. He can go to his Klan meeting and his AA meeting at the same VFW Hall there.

ProcessThis

May 17, 2017
IDK what Carolina is up to. There’s chatter that they’re chasing Tarasenko and don’t have the cap space to take on TDA if that deal goes through. There’s another rumor that they’re chasing Karlsson. If they get him they won’t have the money or need for TDA.
Yeah, not looking good. Hopefully one of the teams that miss on Karlsson pivot to DeAngelo since the Flyers appear willing to retain salary, but I'm sure there's several franchises that have him black listed, so I'm not very hopeful on any sort of return for him. It does feel like Carolina or bust.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I don't think CAR would deliberately break an agreement already in place, albeit paperwork still waiting to be filed officially. There is too much history of doing business together.
Hopefully, just a matter of time until they sort out their cap situation.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad