Rumor: Tony DeAngelo being traded back to Carolina next month but he also could not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Wait a damn minute. Limey is a pejorative too. :laugh:
Exactly! Although I'm an actual Englishman, and I've heard that nickname my entire life from Yanks. My family members above the border call me "southern" or "Sassenach", which is more insulting than being called a Limey, imho.

don't see why not

FoolhardyUglyJanenschia-size_restricted.gif
Yeah mate, I know what part of you is Irish!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Exactly! Although I'm an actual Englishman, and I've heard that nickname my entire life from Yanks. My family members above the border call me "southern" or "Sassenach", which is more insulting than being called a Limey, imho.

Fair enough. I just wanted to clarify that I was calling myself that. No insult was meant, nor was I attempting to be nasty to anyone*. I know it can be tough to tell via text. :)

*Not even @Striiker. Sadly.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Fair enough. I just wanted to clarify that I was calling myself that. No insult was meant, nor was I attempting to be nasty to anyone*. I know it can be tough to tell via text. :)

*Not even @Striiker. Sadly.

Tbf I dont think many English people find Limey or Pom/Pommy (Aus, NZ, SA)... or Rosbif (French) or even Tan (Irish)... offensive.

Probably due to a mix of us being very well versed from a young age in how to insult people in a myriad of ways... and probably being called all names under the sun anyway by the time you get to 10 years old ahaha.

Or maybe it is just because all those insults are shite aha. My favourite one is the German one... Inselaffe... actually a nasty one and can understand when said with venom how it could actually be enough for someone to lose ones shit over.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I learned about the word "Scouser" the other day. Sounds like it should be an insult.

I mean... it can be used as one... especially when you are a Manc and use it. :laugh:

Most people from inner city Liverpool would proudly describe themselves as Scousers... and probably not mind when most people from around the country would use the word.

But Mancs, I think in general, use it slightly differently, especially in terms of the stresses and tonality and undercurrent.

And a lot of Scousers use "Manc" in the same way aha.

ProcessThis

May 17, 2017
Is Tarasenko taking his time with free agency holding this deal up? I saw something about Tank changing his agents too, so he's essentially hit the reset on all his contract discussions. At this point we run the risk of Tony D and Torts going to dinner and bonding over their hatred of people breaking dry pasta before boiling it.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
So buyout window is closed, right? If the Canes get Karlsson, this doesn't go through and we are stuck with the drama between tda and torts?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
2nd Edition is where it hit its stride. After that they started going downhill.

2ED is where I started, but they didn’t make equivalents of some 1ED books that were super helpful because of the Satanic Panic. We didn't get another one of these for example. I always loved that art.

3ED was weird, but it did get much better with 3.5. 4 was absolutely awful. I never bought more than the PHB and I gave that away. 5ED really did accomplish the goal of streamlining things for the DM, so I can't knock it.

Attachments

• 20230710_065427.jpg
    20230710_065427.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad