Tomas Tatar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
That's scoring at a 20 goal pace. Perfectly feasible if he goes cold again.

Not saying he won't or can't score 30 but 13 in 54 is still a solid pace, believe it or not.

If he keeps playing with Datsyuk I don't see why he can't another 20 goals over that pace. I think he'll finish the year with 33 goals.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
With those two goals, Tats gets ahead of Petrovicky in the all-time list of Slovaks in NHL. #31 may not sound like much, but it gets more impressive once you look at the birth years of the people around him. Kid is going places. He is already #7 among active Slovaks.

NqOrWKR.png

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
In my opinion, Tatar has hit another level. Sure he's playing with Datsyuk but he's also playing better than he ever has. Last year he was a 20/20 guy. This year, I could honestly see 30/30 if Datsyuk stays healthy. That's elite winger production (by that I meant top 30 in the league, which he would be looking at last year's stats)...

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
In my opinion, Tatar has hit another level. Sure he's playing with Datsyuk but he's also playing better than he ever has. Last year he was a 20/20 guy. This year, I could honestly see 30/30 if Datsyuk stays healthy. That's elite winger production (by that I meant top 30 in the league, which he would be looking at last year's stats)...

I didn't think that he had the ability to go almost PPG for this long of a stretch in the NHL. He has been very consistent lately which is weird because last year he would go a stretch without getting points and then score in bunches for a few games and it just worked out to him being a .5 PPG player. But if he is capable of being this consistent like babs just talked about then Tats may exceed our expectations a little bit.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
i dont know what so mind boggling on Tatars production...it"s been always there...talent, heart, passion...Wings just werent using it properly...he was always compared to Nyquist, but never got Nyquist"s treatment...while Gus was on 1st line with real hockey players, Tomas got his "own" line (3rd) because "he can spark each line he"s on"...even those 20/20 on 3rd line with plugs like Cleary and Andersson is admirable performance...so 30/30 with Datsyuk as his center isnt undoable...i hope they will continue with their little magic show

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I didn't think that he had the ability to go almost PPG for this long of a stretch in the NHL. He has been very consistent lately which is weird because last year he would go a stretch without getting points and then score in bunches for a few games and it just worked out to him being a .5 PPG player. But if he is capable of being this consistent like babs just talked about then Tats may exceed our expectations a little bit.

Datsyuk wasn't a PPG player until his 4th years in the NHL. Tatar is only in his second year (and had more points than Datsyuk in his rookie season). I think the sky is the limit for some of these kids. We won't know for a few more seasons, still.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Loose translation of today's interview:

The coach Mike Babcock has repeatedly said that he is tougher on you compared to the other players. Is it true?
Yes and it is noticable. I know that he means it well, he is trying to help me. I appreciate that he treats me differently. Sometimes he does it in a peculiar way, but I accept it.
What are the examples of this?
He raises his voice, screams at me, I have a lot of meetings with him. It happens often.
Does he do this with other teammates?
Not often, I am one of the exceptions on this team. But I never considered it a bad thing.
How are you handling it?
I am quite a durable person mentally, I have no issues with it. Maybe it could break someone else, but not me. He knows it and maybe that's why he treats me like this. And I realize that he means it well. He is strict because he believes it will help me. We have a good relationship.
Babcock often seems strict and sulky even if you win. Does he ever laugh?
It is true that he is always serious on the bench, whether we're losing or winning 5:0. He doesn't want to underestimate anything. But he smiles after the match, in the locker room or during the meetings. Sometimes even I make him laugh. I like to joke around, he enjoys it.
Which one of your teammates is closest to you?
They are all close to me, we are all equals, there are no exceptions, no groups. This is what's so great about Detroit.
Your biggest star is Pavel Datsyuk. What's he like?
Everytime he steps on the ice he is a threat to the opposing team. He is one of the best players in the league. Yet, at the same time, he's just a normal guy, very humble.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Loose translation of today's interview:

The coach Mike Babcock has repeatedly said that he is tougher on you compared to the other players. Is it true?
Yes and it is noticable. I know that he means it well, he is trying to help me. I appreciate that he treats me differently. Sometimes he does it in a peculiar way, but I accept it.
What are the examples of this?
He raises his voice, screams at me, I have a lot of meetings with him. It happens often.
Does he do this with other teammates?
Not often, I am one of the exceptions on this team. But I never considered it a bad thing.
How are you handling it?
I am quite a durable person mentally, I have no issues with it. Maybe it could break someone else, but not me. He knows it and maybe that's why he treats me like this. And I realize that he means it well. He is strict because he believes it will help me. We have a good relationship.
Babcock often seems strict and sulky even if you win. Does he ever laugh?
It is true that he is always serious on the bench, whether we're losing or winning 5:0. He doesn't want to underestimate anything. But he smiles after the match, in the locker room or during the meetings. Sometimes even I make him laugh. I like to joke around, he enjoys it.
Which one of your teammates is closest to you?
They are all close to me, we are all equals, there are no exceptions, no groups. This is what's so great about Detroit.
Your biggest star is Pavel Datsyuk. What's he like?
Everytime he steps on the ice he is a threat to the opposing team. He is one of the best players in the league. Yet, at the same time, he's just a normal guy, very humble.

A good look at TT's mental fortitude (which one needs to thrive under Babs). I'm wondering if this was a factor in Flips leaving.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Tatar has been our most consistant playervlately.

I'd argue that Datsyuk and Helm have been our two best forwards most nights during the winless streak, but Tatar is consistently getting and creating chances as well. What a fun spark plug to watch.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I gotta be honest, I don't think he's been that consistent lately. He's definitely looked better last year and at points this year.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I gotta be honest, I don't think he's been that consistent lately. He's definitely looked better last year and at points this year.

I can't comprehend what it is that you're seeing, expecting, and remembering when it comes to Tatar. You recently questioned his effort as well and it just blows my mind to be honest.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I can't comprehend what it is that you're seeing, expecting, and remembering when it comes to Tatar. You recently questioned his effort as well and it just blows my mind to be honest.

He seems to get knocked off the puck a bit more easily than I recall. And he hangs back instead of attacking the puck like he used to. Used to be he was the first one in and fighting like a bulldog to get that puck back on the forecheck. Now he'll let Sheahan or Jurco go in and wait for it to squirt loose.

He's also coughing up the puck a little more lately. He went through that 15 game stretch where he was really hot and making smart decisions. Now he's trying to do a bit too much on his own again. Even Mick (or was it Ken?) commented on it versus the Sabres. He didn't call out Tats specifically, but as we were on the PP and the Sabres cleared as a result of a failed Tats entry, he said "sometimes you have to use your teammates more" or something to that effect.

I love the guy and he's been producing pretty steadily. I don't think I'm biased and seeing something that's not there.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
He seems to get knocked off the puck a bit more easily than I recall. And he hangs back instead of attacking the puck like he used to. Used to be he was the first one in and fighting like a bulldog to get that puck back on the forecheck. Now he'll let Sheahan or Jurco go in and wait for it to squirt loose.

He's also coughing up the puck a little more lately. He went through that 15 game stretch where he was really hot and making smart decisions. Now he's trying to do a bit too much on his own again. Even Mick (or was it Ken?) commented on it versus the Sabres. He didn't call out Tats specifically, but as we were on the PP and the Sabres cleared as a result of a failed Tats entry, he said "sometimes you have to use your teammates more" or something to that effect.

I love the guy and he's been producing pretty steadily. I don't think I'm biased and seeing something that's not there.

He's in his second season.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I think what you're complaining about is just the impact of Babcock attempting to round out his game. Haven't you also noticed Tatar backchecking like he never has before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad