Tomas Tatar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He's cocky, but it a good way. Charismatic. And yes. He loves to shoot. Good angles. Bad angles. Any angles.

He's quite cocky. But there are cocky people who don't work at it and there are cocky people who do. Tatar works at it. No way Babs talks about him the way he does if he wasn't a worker.

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
He's quite cocky. But there are cocky people who don't work at it and there are cocky people who do. Tatar works at it. No way Babs talks about him the way he does if he wasn't a worker.

There's a fine line. If he stops producing, his cocky attitude will wear thin. Quickly.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Am I the only one who noticed how great Tats has been playing defensively recently? He is working his ass off whenever the opposing team has the puck.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Tatar has passed Nyquist in points.

He Sheanen,Jurco and Nyquist Are hot or red hot. Nyquist maybe not so much lately, but we get a lot from those players.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Tatar has passed Nyquist in points.

He Sheanen,Jurco and Nyquist Are hot or red hot. Nyquist maybe not so much lately, but we get a lot from those players.

Nyquist is a strange case though. I've seen him have maybe 2-3 "off" games this year, and yet he has 0 points in 14 out of 26 games this year. On many of those nights I've found myself wondering how on earth he comes away with 0 points despite how many great plays he's made. In particular, he's made countless passing plays this year where the target just couldn't convert, for whatever reason, and I think that's representative of his stats. I also haven't been particularly blown away by his chemistry with linemates outside of the first half-dozen games where he played with Zetterberg and Zetterberg actually looked fresh. But despite that fact, he continues to be able to score from seemingly everywhere and with anyone. The strange thing is, he's still a great playmaker, but whoever he's playing with just can't seem to reciprocate lately.

boylioncat

Dec 5, 2014
nyquist is already one of the smartest players on the ice, the way he sends area passes with crisp saucers; his enthusiasm for skating into defensive positions; and he can shoot accurately. he is well worth it, as is tatar, a wing with personality for once, who makes things happen, has good vision.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nyquist is a strange case though. I've seen him have maybe 2-3 "off" games this year, and yet he has 0 points in 14 out of 26 games this year. On many of those nights I've found myself wondering how on earth he comes away with 0 points despite how many great plays he's made. In particular, he's made countless passing plays this year where the target just couldn't convert, for whatever reason, and I think that's representative of his stats. I also haven't been particularly blown away by his chemistry with linemates outside of the first half-dozen games where he played with Zetterberg and Zetterberg actually looked fresh. But despite that fact, he continues to be able to score from seemingly everywhere and with anyone. The strange thing is, he's still a great playmaker, but whoever he's playing with just can't seem to reciprocate lately.
I think it's worth mentioning when talking about Nyquist vs. Tatar and their point production, that Nyquist is getting more difficult matchups by playing on the 'top' line all year. 5-on-5 he has not managed to break through and be very effective, but I agree with you that he has played better for the most part than his points indicate. He has not picked up many easy points, but I'm thinking that will happen if Z can start finishing on some plays.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I hate to say this, but I think with Pookie's emergence in the AHL is making Tatar trade bait.

NHL proven talent, young, under team control.

Pretty much everything one would ask for in return for a RH Dman

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
I hate to say this, but I think with Pookie's emergence in the AHL is making Tatar trade bait.

NHL proven talent, young, under team control.

Pretty much everything one would ask for in return for a RH Dman

not going to happen...

after few last interviews, where babcock admits he loves Tatars grit, hunger for goals and passion for game there is no chance he will trade him...

you dont fix whats not broken...

edmundbenz

Mar 30, 2014
New Jersey

If Nyquist paired with Tats and Jurco he would produce more rather than being paired with Z and Mule..

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
There's a fine line. If he stops producing, his cocky attitude will wear thin. Quickly.

His cockyness is a large part of how he plays on the ice though, I would hate to see him forced to become something he's not. His drive, and his energy on the ice is a reflection of his personality.

As long as he doesn't start turning into an Avery or a Domi, I don't see a problem with it. In fact, I love his attitude, and always have.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Frankly, we could use a guy or two with the cockiness on the team to sort of push the pace. Sometimes the Red Wings seem too stoic and reserved.

Oh and it seems we had Tatar and Nyquist flipped. Tatar is the playmaker and Nyquist is the goal scorer hahahah.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Was your coach Kid Rock?

Or Dizzy Dean. Be one old coach, though. Dead, too.

Love Tatar's attitude, though. Agree with others, it's what makes him special on the ice. If he didn't have the attitude, I can't see him trying half the stuff he tries (and pulling it off).

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Tatar's stats the past 18 games

18GP 9G 8A 17PTS +6

Good stuff, I was a bit worried early on, but since then he has surpassed expectations. Wonder what he finishes the year with? I'd say a 30-30 season is not out of the question. I'm glad he was signed to a 3 year deal and not just a 1 or 2 year deal, because like Nyquist, the money is coming when he has to be resigned.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Tatar's stats the past 18 games

18GP 9G 8A 17PTS +6

Good stuff, I was a bit worried early on, but since then he has surpassed expectations. Wonder what he finishes the year with? I'd say a 30-30 season is not out of the question. I'm glad he was signed to a 3 year deal and not just a 1 or 2 year deal, because like Nyquist, the money is coming when he has to be resigned.
I'm still saying 25/25 is about right for him, but it would be great if he proves me wrong. Like you say, after that cold start he has been great. He's such a great element to have on a team, he's got an infectious energy about him and is kinda looking like a perfect linemate for Pavel.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm still saying 25/25 is about right for him, but it would be great if he proves me wrong. Like you say, after that cold start he has been great. He's such a great element to have on a team, he's got an infectious energy about him and is kinda looking like a perfect linemate for Pavel.

He was cold when the whole team was cold (except for Nyquist), he's hot when the team is hot. He was cold when the PP was like 0 for 27 and could barely score more than 2 a game.

I hope either that his production is what's helping drive the offense or that when the rest of the team cools off he can find a way to stay productive. If he can create and not just be a beneficiary, that will be a huge boost for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad