Tomas Tatar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I don't think DeKeyser should be traded. I think the Wings could find very agreeable terms with him for quite a while. We know what we have and we know what defensemen are going for on the market so why overpay for an unknown?

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
I see this has moved off topic. Letang is very sloppy in his own zone but (assuming the cap damage is manageable) I would trade Tatar for him for sure.

I love Tatar. He has fire and drive, he works hard, he is tenacious on the forecheck and he wants to win. At the start of the year this team was desperate for someone to shoot the damn puck and Tatar was a breath of fresh air. Sure he has plays where the shot is just not the best choice but I like what he brings and I am happy we have him. I hope he continues to grow and improve and he stays a wing but if the trade is a good one, he is moveable.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=740378&cmpid=rss-roose
Babcock said:
“I might be harder on Tats than anybody on the team just because I think Tats has a chance to be a real player,” Babcock said. “We’re going to hold him to that. We think he should be good every night because he‘s capable of being good every night and every shift.”

Glad to hear it. As long as Tatar knows the coach likes him, and it seems obvious he does if he's going so far as to say it to the press, then he could use a bit of Bab's fire behind him. Work out some kinks in his game, be a more consistent player. That would be a real win for the team and for Tatar. He'd be one of the better players in the league and a legitimate top6 guy even at his size if he could pick all that up.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tatar shoots the puck. Babcock loves him.

Filppula didn't shoot the puck. Babcock didn't love him.

Shoot the god damn puck. Even a bad shot can create a glorious rebound.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

yep, gotta shoot to score. I think you could flop Hudler with Filppula and still be correct. If they had both been willing to throw the puck at the net 200+ times instead of 130 times, they could have been 25+ goal scorers with us. I'm sure of it. I think at least one of them would still be with us, too.

Love Tatar's desire to take the puck to dirty areas and put a shot on net.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Oh Tats... :shakehead :laugh:

1544300_10152341851321626_1071493321013655937_n.jpg

me likey

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
I don't understand why people is in such a hurry to trade away players. I understand you have to give something to get something, but really a big part of the Wings problem is addition by subtraction: Lashoff, Kindl, Cleary all have more capable players in the minors. Basically the players people keep claimoring to give up are players in their 2nd year and actually carried the Wings to the playoffs last year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Pretty good article on Tats: http://redwingsfront.wordpress.com

“I told you guys, I wasn’t worried about it at all,†Tatar said. “You won’t lose it if you can’t find the net once. I’m not afraid I’m not going to score goals. It’s all about confidence, keep shooting the puck. It eventually will find the net.â€

“Tats is a competitive kid,†Babcock said. “I might be harder on Tats than anybody on the team just because I think Tats has a chance to be a real player. We’re going to hold him to that. We think he should be good every night because he’s capable of being good every night and every shift. We expect a lot from Tats and he’ capable of doing that.â€

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Love Tatar's desire to take the puck to dirty areas and put a shot on net.

Our season high shot total against Ottawa, and we score 4 rebound goals...

Like that Tatar shot on Sheahan goal, I think he tried to bounce it for those two guys who were on the right and Sheahan shot in in even from far distance.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Our season high shot total against Ottawa, and we score 4 rebound goals...

Like that Tatar shot on Sheahan goal, I think he tried to bounce it for those two guys who were on the right and Sheahan shot in in even from far distance.
It was a refreshing play from Tats, just speeding into the zone and unloading a heavy shot. In the past he's been too cute with his shot selection, looks like he may be learning to just get it on net a bit more.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Tatar did not even have an issue to be photographed with a girl of the same height as he is... Anyway, I like his swagger and find the t-shirt both funny and stylish.

Gruß,
BSHH

I agree, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I love his attitude.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

Good point.

Tatar really has drive in him doesnt he?

Now Filppula isnt doing too bad in Tampa either, so...

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
The thing about Tatar that I like is that he just carries the puck with swag. If it's a dumb play? He shakes it off and goes back out there like a boss and tries to create again, and again....and again.

When he scores, he has a look about him like "damn right".

He's cocky, but it a good way. Charismatic. And yes. He loves to shoot. Good angles. Bad angles. Any angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad