Tomas Tatar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Can we all just skip going through the motions and start calling him Tomas Tradebait?

****, just about every trade proposal on the boards has Wings fans offering up Tatar, but Nyquist is untouchable, Sheahan is untouchable, Jurco is untouchable...

People need to recognize what Tatar brings to the Wings lineup; he brings speed and energy to every shift, is every bit the sniper Nyquist is, if not more, and is just a heart and soul player. Tats is going to make the team a much harder team to play against for years, be it with the Wings or with some other organization.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Completely diasagree. The Wings are paying him to produce offensively, bottom line. 1 point in 9 games is not producing offensively.

To set the record straight, I love Tatar, he's one of my favorite Wings. I just think he is a better player than he is showing. Someone mentioned Jurco and Nestrasil, and I guess you're right, you sit those guys before Tatar. I guess I am getting a bit carried away, and maybe scratching him is not the solution. I just know there is more to his game, and got so excited about him last year. I thought we had a 50+ skilled, quality 2nd line NHL scorer. I'm just not seeing it right now.

Benching a guy like Tatar because his shots aren't going in is dumb. He's paid to produce, yes, but what he's paid to produce is high quality scoring chances. He's not a sniper... most of his goals are gonna be the result of him outworking the opposition. As long as he's doing that, you don't bench him. The puck will find the back of the net if he's doing the right things.

Now, if he turns the puck over at an elevated rate or blows his small amount of defensive responsibilities, I'm all for benching him. Or if he drifts away from being the energetic waterbug that can drive possession while bouncing between the second and third lines and starts floating like Franzen, I'd be for it.

As long as he's playing like his hair is on fire in the offensive zone, he should not come out of the lineup.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Can we all just skip going through the motions and start calling him Tomas Tradebait?

****, just about every trade proposal on the boards has Wings fans offering up Tatar, but Nyquist is untouchable, Sheahan is untouchable, Jurco is untouchable...

People need to recognize what Tatar brings to the Wings lineup; he brings speed and energy to every shift, is every bit the sniper Nyquist is, if not more, and is just a heart and soul player. Tats is going to make the team a much harder team to play against for years, be it with the Wings or with some other organization.

He's offered in every trade because he's one of the few young Wings with trade value and he's

1) a worse player than Nyquist
2) a good deal smaller than Jurco
3) Not a center like Sheahan
4) Has a much lower ceiling than Mantha

So, it's more that we have to give something good to get and Tatar's game is potentially the easiest for us to replace.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

I don't think teams are all that interested in Tatar so there isn't anything to really worry about.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
I don't think teams are all that interested in Tatar so there isn't anything to really worry about.

Well, it's less that they're not interested in him, they're not interested in him for the level of players that Detroit would offer him for.

I'm sure any team would love to have Tomas Tatar, but they're not looking to give up a top 4 RH D for him.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Well, it's less that they're not interested in him, they're not interested in him for the level of players that Detroit would offer him for.

I'm sure any team would love to have Tomas Tatar, but they're not looking to give up a top 4 RH D for him.
Once Mike Green eventually cools off I can see Holland trading Tatar + 1st for an UFA Mike Green. Jussayin :/

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Tatar still have work to do on his "team play" bits, but he's great dangler and dangerous offensively. He going to pot goals every now and then this season.

crashman

He's offered in every trade because he's one of the few young Wings with trade value and he's

1) a worse player than Nyquist
2) a good deal smaller than Jurco
3) Not a center like Sheahan
4) Has a much lower ceiling than Mantha

So, it's more that we have to give something good to get and Tatar's game is potentially the easiest for us to replace.

Exactly.

I think Tatar is going to have a very good NHL career and I love having him on the Red Wings, but everything you said it true.

He's one of the most valuable, but also the most expendable trade chips that we have.

I'm don't think I like the idea of trading him for a UFA though. It would be a tragedy if the Wings weren't able to re-sign Green after giving up a player like Tatar. But in theory, I'd be okay with Holland trading Tatar for a significant upgrade to our defense.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing a trade for Bogosian centred around Tatar, Helm, a D prospect, and a pick(s). Not all of those assets combined obviously, but a package built from some of those pieces.

I'd hate to see Helm go but with his injury history and the emergence of guys like Glendening, Sheahan, etc. I think he's expendable. Plus he's a Winnipeg native so that might increase his value to the Jets, if only a little.

Tatar's departure would be bittersweet. I'd miss his tenacity, eagerness, and skill but I wouldn't miss his tendency to hog the puck and kill offensive plays with giveaways after trying to skate through the entire other team.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I'm generally torn over Tatar and what his impact will be on this team. On one hand, he is epitome of secondary scoring - under the right conditions could provide valuable scoring and depth and make the team infinitely more dangerous and difficult to scheme around our stars (a la LaPointe, or Sammy in the mid 2000's). Championships are built on the backs of 30-40+ point players at the right cost.

However with the depth we have in our prospect pool and relatively low cost of a 15g rental who could plug into our 3rd scoring line, I'm not sure if his real value to us is really as a centerpiece in a trade to shore up our Top 4 D.

He has enough attractive qualities about him: passionate personality, work ethic and dogged pursuit of the puck, speed, and the ability to create offense, and above else his age, that a team in the right situation could see him as an underutilized player given the opportunity could balloon into a 55+ point winger. It's the lure of his potential that could net us greater value.

If an opportunity presented itself where we could land a proven Top 4 PMD for Tatar and a conditional pick (a la Green for Tats and a 3rd conditional to a 2nd if Green signs with us), I think I'm totally fine with that move?

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I'm generally torn over Tatar and what his impact will be on this team. On one hand, he is epitome of secondary scoring - under the right conditions could provide valuable scoring and depth and make the team infinitely more dangerous and difficult to scheme around our stars (a la LaPointe, or Sammy in the mid 2000's). Championships are built on the backs of 30-40+ point players at the right cost.

However with the depth we have in our prospect pool and relatively low cost of a 15g rental who could plug into our 3rd scoring line, I'm not sure if his real value to us is really as a centerpiece in a trade to shore up our Top 4 D.

He has enough attractive qualities about him: passionate personality, work ethic and dogged pursuit of the puck, speed, and the ability to create offense, and above else his age, that a team in the right situation could see him as an underutilized player given the opportunity could balloon into a 55+ point winger. It's the lure of his potential that could net us greater value.

If an opportunity presented itself where we could land a proven Top 4 PMD for Tatar and a conditional pick (a la Green for Tats and a 3rd conditional to a 2nd if Green signs with us), I think I'm totally fine with that move?

I agree but my only reservation is Green's age. I'd rather trade Tatrar, prospect, and a pick for Niskanen, or a young Dman. That being said Green would be welcomed.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Yeah, I would love having a player like Niskanen - I used Green solely as an example, really you could replace his name with any number of PMD's who could potentially be available. The point being is, I think Tatar, albeit very good, might actually be more valuable to us as a centerpiece in a trade for a desperate need (a legitimate PP Quarterback/Breakout Passer from the Defense zone)

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Oh Tats... :shakehead :laugh:

1544300_10152341851321626_1071493321013655937_n.jpg

Michael8771*

Would it be out of line to suggest Tatar+ for Letang? I just want to see if you guys would consider such a move. Or Jurco + Dekeyser.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Would it be out of line to suggest Tatar+ for Letang? I just want to see if you guys would consider such a move. Or Jurco + Dekeyser.

I wouldn't trade Tatar straight up for Letang. A guy that already had a stroke AND costs $7.25 million a season for the next 7 years? Even if Letang was on a better contract it's been awhile since he's been healthy. Jurco + Dekeyser is even more insane.

Michael8771*

I wouldn't trade Tatar straight up for Letang. A guy that already had a stroke AND costs $7.25 million a season for the next 7 years? Even if Letang was on a better contract it's been awhile since he's been healthy. Jurco + Dekeyser is even more insane.
Jurco really hasn't done all that much TBH and from my perspective we'd being paying for his potential more so than his current production. And in this case taking a risk ourselves. And though Letang has holes in his game he's one of the better RHPMD in the league. Something I thought you guys needed. His stroke at this point really is a non issue (according to the doctors anyhow). Jurco and Dekeyser for Letang value wise isn't insane at all. Currently Letang is the best player of the three. I don't think that can be disputed. But if it's not a deal you like, fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

I think you may be the only one on the board that wouldn't Tatar for Letang straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad