Tomas Tatar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
At this point he just needs a shot to deflect in off his ass, or a pass of his to deflect in off a skate. Anything to get on the board and start getting some confidence.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At this point he just needs a shot to deflect in off his ass, or a pass of his to deflect in off a skate. Anything to get on the board and start getting some confidence.

Yup. his Corsis are looking just normal. Tats had also a glorious chance against Capitals but it went slightly wide.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
At what point does he need to sit for a game or 2?

Babcock never hesitated to yank Hudler from the lineup a few years back when he wasn't producing, maybe sitting Tatar will help him get going.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Last year he consistently was on line 3 and thrived. This year he's been consistently on line 2 and struggled.

Maybe it's just the tougher match-ups? Maybe we drop him to line 3 and he catches fire?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
At what point does he need to sit for a game or 2?

Babcock never hesitated to yank Hudler from the lineup a few years back when he wasn't producing, maybe sitting Tatar will help him get going.

What year was that, exactly?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
What year was that, exactly?

Quick google search:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/red_wings_jiri_hudler_surprise.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...becoming-a-casualty-of-detroits-healthy-start

"Jiri Hudler was surprised and upset this morning about being a healthy scratch tonight against the Nashville Predators, something he did not expect would happen after returning to the Detroit Red Wings this season with high hopes. "

"Ultimately, Hudler, and Mike Babcock for that matter, have little choice but to wait for an injury to pop up that would nicely open up a spot for Jiri Hudler on the roster."

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Sit Tatar for who, Cleary? **** that.

Ya I guess you're right, I don't want Cleary in. When Franzen gets back though we could sit Tatar.

It's not only that Tatar isn't scoring, but hes starting to be a defensive liability as well. Again, when Franzen struggles offensively, all you hear is "blah blah blah, Franzen sucks, he's inconsistent, we never should have signed him, he's a lazy floater who does nothing." Yet when Tatar is struggling, nobody mentions it, and seems to care. Double standard in my opinion.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Ya I guess you're right, I don't want Cleary in. When Franzen gets back though we could sit Tatar.

It's not only that Tatar isn't scoring, but hes starting to be a defensive liability as well. Again, when Franzen struggles offensively, all you hear is "blah blah blah, Franzen sucks, he's inconsistent, we never should have signed him, he's a lazy floater who does nothing." Yet when Tatar is struggling, nobody mentions it, and seems to care. Double standard in my opinion.

So you don't agree with the way Franzen is treated so your solution for Tatar is to treat him with the same disrespect Franzen receives.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

franzen doesn't care and try hard. tatar does. major difference. he's just not getting the bounces. chances have been there.

not that i completely agree with that franzen description.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
So you don't agree with the way Franzen is treated so your solution for Tatar is to treat him with the same disrespect Franzen receives.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Franzen has always produced at a 0.5 PPG or better. Tatar has 1 point in 9 games. Nowhere near good enough, especially for a guy off a brand new contract, getting more ice time than ever before. We can't rely on 3 or 4 players every night. Tatar needs to start scoring, or I would sit him a game or 2.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Speaking of double standards, why not sit Jurco, Sheahan or Nestrasil. They haven't produced and are substantially less involved than Tatar on a nightly basis.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Tats will be fine. He's still a high Corsi player and full of energy. You can question his IQ, but you can't question his compete level. He's 3rd on the team in shots for and he may very well lead the team in shots/min. If he's not 1st, he's a close 2nd behind Z. And that's obviously not even including the high volume of missed shots and chances so far for him this season. He's going to find the back of the net eventually. It's only his 2nd full season and he's playing a bit of a bigger role and getting some more minutes. I'm not too concerned.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You gotta be careful benching a guy like Tatar, though. Confidence is a big part of his game. Is benching him going to reignite the spark or is it going to destroy his confidence and make the situation worse?

Tatar's game is pretty one-dimensional, though. We don't pay him to check other lines or start fights or play the body. If he's not scoring goals, he's not bringing much else.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
That said, just so we're clear, I'm fine being patient with Tatar. I think he's earned some leeway with his coaches. He'll get back on track, I'm sure. If the slump continues much longer, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit a game or two.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
That's not what I'm saying at all. Franzen has always produced at a 0.5 PPG or better. Tatar has 1 point in 9 games. Nowhere near good enough, especially for a guy off a brand new contract, getting more ice time than ever before. We can't rely on 3 or 4 players every night. Tatar needs to start scoring, or I would sit him a game or 2.

Over the course of a season, yes. But he has red hot stretches where he scores 30 points in 30 games, then goes ice cold and doesn't score for 20 games.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Stop being so silly. Tats will start to pot some goals soon. Maybe tonight. He's out there competing hard.

While its fine and dandy that he is competing hard, that's not what we pay him for. Tatar is paid to produce. He is failing at that. I'm not saying he should be benched, but he has got to start doing what we pay him to do. Not just show up.

Glendening is paid to compete hard.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
While its fine and dandy that he is competing hard, that's not what we pay him for. Tatar is paid to produce. He is failing at that. I'm not saying he should be benched, but he has got to start doing what we pay him to do. Not just show up.

For $2.75 million Tatar is doing just fine. The way your paragraph reads it's as if he's making $5 million.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Tatar is shooting the puck. He's among the team leaders in shots. It's just not going in right now. Calm down.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
For $2.75 million Tatar is doing just fine. The way your paragraph reads it's as if he's making $5 million.

Completely diasagree. The Wings are paying him to produce offensively, bottom line. 1 point in 9 games is not producing offensively.

To set the record straight, I love Tatar, he's one of my favorite Wings. I just think he is a better player than he is showing. Someone mentioned Jurco and Nestrasil, and I guess you're right, you sit those guys before Tatar. I guess I am getting a bit carried away, and maybe scratching him is not the solution. I just know there is more to his game, and got so excited about him last year. I thought we had a 50+ skilled, quality 2nd line NHL scorer. I'm just not seeing it right now.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Completely diasagree. The Wings are paying him to produce offensively, bottom line. 1 point in 9 games is not producing offensively.

To set the record straight, I love Tatar, he's one of my favorite Wings. I just think he is a better player than he is showing. Someone mentioned Jurco and Nestrasil, and I guess you're right, you sit those guys before Tatar. I guess I am getting a bit carried away, and maybe scratching him is not the solution. I just know there is more to his game, and got so excited about him last year. I thought we had a 50+ skilled, quality 2nd line NHL scorer. I'm just not seeing it right now.
The Red Wings are paying -or at least on the hook- Weiss a lot of money to do nothing. They're paying Cleary a lot of money to do nothing. They're paying Quincey way too much money to do nothing, although admittedly he's doing well now. It's Tatar's first full season, he'll be fine.

People just love to find something to ***** about, whether it's on HF or IRL. This thread will be an afterthought in a month or two, just the way HF works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad