Tomas Jurco (Re-signed to two year deal, post #301)

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Call Pulkkinen up and send Jurco down. If Pulu struggles and Jurco gets his confidence back in AHL, then swap them again.

I think it would benefit both the team and the respective players. Pulkkinen has been playing lights out and I think it has warranted a call-up. Jurco has done the contrary, he hasn't produced and I think could benefit from a confidence booster in the AHL.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Is he red hot or what? Is it 2+3 in his last 5 games?

When you watch him play you can clearly see he has NHL-level talent and skills. I think his potential is extremely high. Really interested to see how he develops once he gets older and more experience. I can easily seem him scoring 30-35 goals consistently some day.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
When you watch him play you can clearly see he has NHL-level talent and skills. I think his potential is extremely high. Really interested to see how he develops once he gets older and more experience. I can easily seem him scoring 30-35 goals consistently some day.

Yeah, of all the kids, Jurco's obviously going through the most growing pains. But at the same time, he's the youngest of the group, so it makes sense. This all said, and despite his goal last night, I don't like him on the 4th line. If Helm didn't show such nice chemistry with Datsyuk and Weiss last night, I'd suggest switching them.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

These kind of expectations are unrealistic. Lets just hope he beats last year's stats.

30-35 goals for Jurco means you are going to tell me Mantha is a 50-60 Goal scorer?

Assuming all our players are COMPLETE HOME RUNS is counterproductive. I'll be happy if Jurco can match Tatar's production currently... next year.

Lets just be

Fear

Nov 17, 2014

Only 20 players scored 30 last year, and only around 10 in the whole league are capable of doing it consistently year after year. The majority of them were almost doing it at Jurco's age already

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Only 20 players scored 30 last year, and only around 10 in the whole league are capable of doing it consistently year after year. The majority of them were almost doing it at Jurco's age already

Yes, I'm confident if he was given top line minutes in a few years he can score 30 goals.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
These kind of expectations are unrealistic. Lets just hope he beats last year's stats.

30-35 goals for Jurco means you are going to tell me Mantha is a 50-60 Goal scorer?

Assuming all our players are COMPLETE HOME RUNS is counterproductive. I'll be happy if Jurco can match Tatar's production currently... next year.

Lets just be

I mean, Tatar is on pace for 30+ goals and ~50 points. If Jurco matches that then he's a 30 goal scorer. :laugh:

jaster

Hanas chirps per 60 record holder
Jun 8, 2007
If I had to bet whether Jurco ever scores 30 goals in a season in the NHL, I'd say yes, but I don't see him turning into a consistent 30-goal guy. Probably just shy of that. And I'm fine with that. Excited about it, in fact. If he, Tatar, Nyquist, and Mantha can all be 25-30 goal guys, our top-6 group of wingers will be a top-tier bunch. I'm not sure who will center them at this point (hopefully Larkin and Sheahan, though who knows), but they are an exciting bunch.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Call Pulkkinen up and send Jurco down. If Pulu struggles and Jurco gets his confidence back in AHL, then swap them again.

Most likely Jurco gets sent down when Smith comes back any ways, I would surely hope that Holland keeps up Ouellet he's definitely better then Kindl at this stage any ways and scores a beauty goal to boot.

davecrockburn

Jun 8, 2011
Considering Jurco is putting up points consistently now (i think 6 in 6 games) while being in the bottom 6 it is very impressive. He is definitely making the best of his ice time and I don't think Tatar or Nyquist would be nearly this effective with these line mates and minutes. I think we should bite the bullet and waive Kindl/Lashoff at this point over sending Jurco down - the kid has really picked it up and deserves to stay. I think Jurco will become Franzen's replacement in the top 6 eventually unless mule finds Jagr's fountain of youth.

Oct 18, 2006
Babcock ticks me right off sometimes.

6:46 TOI for Jurco tonight.

He has 6 point past 6 games and he plays less than 7 minutes.

Joke.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Babcock ticks me right off sometimes.

6:46 TOI for Jurco tonight.

He has 6 point past 6 games and he plays less than 7 minutes.

Joke.

In the context of his current role, that's not really Babcock's fault. Those kind of games are pretty common for bottom-sixers who don't play on the PP or PK. It's a bummer that he's not getting more ice time, but realistically where would more ice time come from? Both PP units are clicking without him (there isn't an obvious choice for Jurco to replace on either unit). I suppose I could see swapping Jurco with Helm on the Datsyuk line, but I understand why Helm is where he is right now. Throw in the fact that Jurco's two linemates play heavy PK minutes (thus disrupting their regular shifts), and it's pretty easy to see how he can get lost in the shuffle at times.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Samuelsson can score 30, and Cleary 26, I think Jurcs could hit 30 someday no prob ;)

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Considering Jurco is putting up points consistently now (i think 6 in 6 games) while being in the bottom 6 it is very impressive. He is definitely making the best of his ice time and I don't think Tatar or Nyquist would be nearly this effective with these line mates and minutes. I think we should bite the bullet and waive Kindl/Lashoff at this point over sending Jurco down - the kid has really picked it up and deserves to stay. I think Jurco will become Franzen's replacement in the top 6 eventually unless mule finds Jagr's fountain of youth.

No one picks up Lashoff if we waive him, I'd be fine rolling with Kindl and Andersson as extra skaters. Could care less if we waived Lashoff or Cleary.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
No one picks up Lashoff if we waive him, I'd be fine rolling with Kindl and Andersson as extra skaters. Could care less if we waived Lashoff or Cleary.

Waive Lashoff, keep Jurco up and run a depth chart along the lines of:

Kronwall
Dekeyser
Ericsson
Smith
Quincey
Ouellet

Kindl

Jensen/Marchenko
Lashoff

Ad

Upcoming events