Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1st + Barron
no

Swap Barron for Zac Jones and I’d do it
yes

Just did this not long ago
Value of: - Tomas Hertl

1st, Chytil, Schneider
hell no

let's remember something.
IF IF IF
his health holds up, he could be 3-4 yrs productive, anything more is gravy.

But that is a HUGE IF

he's had work done on both knees, + other issues, right?

Rangers won’t be able to commit to Hertl unless they plan on letting Zibanejad walk, which is asinine.
yes, but that is an exclusive issue up to Zib

regardless of Hertl in/out of the picture, Zib can go SHORT TERM ONLY 3-4 years max, overpaid at 10 per, which we can swing dealing Strome this year and hopefully Trouba after this season, like 1 or so years ahead of schedule.
In exchange for the overpay, Zib has zero nmc, and limited ntc
If he doesn't want to go there, sell high now, buh bye

No huge or even large $$ contracts for people pushing or over mid 30s.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Fringe 1C as in bottom tier 1C/high end 2C. He isn’t an upper echelon 1C. What do you not understand here or what are you arguing? Find something else to be upset about what I said was completely true

No, you are completely wrong in saying Hertl is a fringe 1c. He is without question solidly a 1c.

Reactions: themelkman

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Hertl is a fantastic player, I'm sure he's highly valued.

This is the time to move him. Can't see the Sharks being a contender anytime soon and he's in his late 20's. Really no surprise if he actually wants to be moved.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I like Zibanejad a lot but I would never say hes better than Hertl. Unless your a strictly counting stats guy I dont know how you could
They are very different players.

I could absolutely argue that Zibanejad is better than Hertl at certain aspects of the game. It really depends how a team is built - if your team needs more creative scoring on a top line and first PP unit, Zibanejad is your guy.

Personally, if i am building a team, I would take Hertl over Zibs, but do not discount the fact that some teams absolutely would be better with Zibanejad than Hertl.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
no

yes

hell no

let's remember something.
IF IF IF
his health holds up, he could be 3-4 yrs productive, anything more is gravy.

But that is a HUGE IF

he's had work done on both knees, + other issues, right?

yes, but that is an exclusive issue up to Zib

regardless of Hertl in/out of the picture, Zib can go SHORT TERM ONLY 3-4 years max, overpaid at 10 per, which we can swing dealing Strome this year and hopefully Trouba after this season, like 1 or so years ahead of schedule.
In exchange for the overpay, Zib has zero nmc, and limited ntc
If he doesn't want to go there, sell high now, buh bye

No huge or even large $$ contracts for people pushing or over mid 30s.
Reality says Zibanejad will be getting 7 or 8 years above $7.5 million aav and probably above

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I don’t think SJ trades their better assets unless they can attach a retained dog shit contract to it. They have to start off loading the toxic assets before they can even rebuild.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I consider him a C that you can win a Stanley Cup with if he's in your top 2 and a C of equal or greater value is your other C. Basically if you have two Tomas Hertl's as your top two centers, you can win a cup with the right pieces around him.

Which is why I want him a 1-2 punch of Hertl Suzuki could do damage with the wingers the Habs have.

Reactions: Trash Man

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
So, OP posts insanely misleading interpretation of situation, says he wants player, then doesn't make an offer himself but proceeds to criticize any offers, proves he doesn't have any clue what Hertl brings to the table, AND ignores supporting evidence of previous conversations where many people agreed upon said players's value, all within 25 posts? Pretty impressive self-kneecapping, I'd say.
Just another day here at HFboards

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He may have had it, but he didn’t suffer nearly as bad as Zibanejad did. He had 20 points through his first 26 games, which is on line for about his normal numbers.

I don't see how anyone can be certain of any such thing. Hertl suffered badly when he was out with COVID as plenty did when they had it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don’t think SJ trades their better assets unless they can attach a retained dog shit contract to it. They have to start off loading the toxic assets before they can even rebuild.

There's no reason to since they were able to have the 3rd and 7th overall picks with every single one of those contracts on the books. Kane and Hertl were easily their two best players this past season. If Kane is out and there's not much out there to replace him, they can easily see a similar result depending on what kind of goaltending they get out of Hill and Reimer.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I would imagine IF san jose was forced to trade him (which i think theyd be quite hesitant on), the wild would put a pretty decent package together that would beat a fair amount of teams for him.

Reactions: themelkman

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I would imagine IF san jose was forced to trade him (which i think theyd be quite hesitant on), the wild would put a pretty decent package together that would beat a fair amount of teams for him.

Doesn't he have a 28 team NTC? Just need to beat out 2 other offers.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yes and it was discussed and agreed to with the understanding of an extension being worked on on NY's end. I know that not everybody was on board but such is the nature of this place

Depending on the contract, sure, that changes everything.

Reactions: Groo

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I consider him a C that you can win a Stanley Cup with if he's in your top 2 and a C of equal or greater value is your other C. Basically if you have two Tomas Hertl's as your top two centers, you can win a cup with the right pieces around him.
I think this is the best take personally... seems like a lot of terms are being tossed around
1C
Elite 1C
Fringe 1C
Legit 2C
Top 15 is elite C
Top 32 is not

For the Czechs he is a Top 2C (with Krejci) and I'm not sure if he is 1 or 2 and don't think it matters much as long as he's getting his minutes. If he went to my Oil, I'd want him as a 2C.

I also don't think he'd be a 1C for Canada, US, Sweden or Finland going into the Olympics. I'm not even sure he'd make the US or Canadian roster.

So I get the semantics and will say he is not a tippy top guy like McDavid or Mack. I will say though that he is a C that you can win a cup with. He'd be in the top 6 of almost every franchise in the NHL.

What sucks for him is that he hit his prime at the same time as injuries, covid and the sharks decline happened.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Doesn't he have a 28 team NTC? Just need to beat out 2 other offers.

Only if he holds to that. Typically, DW will look to expand his options in the final year of a deal on someone he's looking to trade. Doesn't mean Hertl will do so but he likely would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad