Speculation: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
With recent reports that Hertl isn’t happy in SJ, or even the fact that it’s highly doubtful he re-signs with the Sharks, what’s his worth? Would love him on the Rangers and I’m sure every playoff team would love to add a player like him. Fringe 1C that can break out in a new environment, only 27, and his last year on his contract before UFA.

Hertl is pretty solidly a 1c, not fringe, the only question is what tier of 1c is he, especially with better wingers, and will he stay healthy.

The problem for me with asking price on Hertl, is what is SJ trying to do moving forward? Are we trading Hertl as a sign of a rebuild kicking off? Or is DW still under the delusion we are a playoff team, but just unable to get a deal in place for him and do not want to risk losing him for nothing?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Again, a future UFA isn't worth 3 1st rd picks

you would be trading under the presumption of re-signing him. If you weren't that would be insane, and Sj would be insane to give him up for anything less than that presumption. We aren't talking about a deadline prayer, here.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You wont like to hear this but thats 100% the right decision playerwise. Hertl is far superior. Now is it the right move if you have to trade what you probably will to get Hertl? Probably not

Hertl is not the player that Zibanejad is. Even if you want to say his 2020 season is an outlier and the shooting percentage is unsustainable (which I would agree with), Mika paced at 73 points despite scoring only 11 points in the first 26 games of the season while recovering from Covid. He’s more than likely a point per game player or better without having Covid. Hertl cannot say the same without having Covid.

I like Hertl and would love to have him, but saying he’s better than Zibanejad at this point is disingenuous at best.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Someone didnt read the article and doesnt know the player. Fringe 1c lol

Hertl is a fringe 1C right now with potential to breakout into an upper echelon center. What did I say that was wrong? Posting some advanced stats from a random Twitter user doesn’t mean anything. Hertl has not proven to be a “true 1C” just yet

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Do you understand the difference between a fact and an opinion?
Then why are you posting it on here? You’re trying to prove Hertl is an upper echelon 1C by quoting some dude I’ve never even heard of on Twitter

Hertl is a fringe 1C that can breakout into a high end 1C in a different environment, why are you so pressed that I’m saying this when it’s completely true? He hasn’t proved to be a top 15 center just yet

Reactions: McD37

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Then why are you posting it on here? You’re trying to prove Hertl is an upper echelon 1C by quoting some dude I’ve never even heard of on Twitter

Hertl is a fringe 1C that can breakout into a high end 1C in a different environment, why are you so pressed that I’m saying this when it’s completely true? He hasn’t proved to be a top 15 center just yet

I didn't post anything other than calling you out for posing your opinion as fact. Get your weak arguments in order.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
You wont like to hear this but thats 100% the right decision playerwise. Hertl is far superior. Now is it the right move if you have to trade what you probably will to get Hertl? Probably not
This is a ridiculous thing to say.

Neither Hertl nor Zibanejad are top 15 centers in the league, although both could be argued to be in the top 20. If you argue otherwise, you probably haven't watched Zibanejad in the past couple of years. (and yes, as someone that has followed the Sharks since their inception and went to a crap ton of games at the cow palace, I am very familiar with Hertl and his skillset)

I would argue that depending on a teams current make-up, either player could be a better fit. Whether or not the Rangers would actually be better with either player in their lineup is open to debate.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Hertl is a fringe 1C right now with potential to breakout into an upper echelon center. What did I say that was wrong? Posting some advanced stats from a random Twitter user doesn’t mean anything. Hertl has not proven to be a “true 1C” just yet
Hertl is certainly one of the top 32 centers in the league. That means he is a 1C.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I didn't post anything other than calling you out for posing your opinion as fact. Get your weak arguments in order.
Responded to the wrong guy but what weak arguments? All I said was Hertl isn’t an upper echelon 1C which is true.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hertl is not the player that Zibanejad is. Even if you want to say his 2020 season is an outlier and the shooting percentage is unsustainable (which I would agree with), Mika paced at 73 points despite scoring only 11 points in the first 26 games of the season while recovering from Covid. He’s more than likely a point per game player or better without having Covid. Hertl cannot say the same without having Covid.

I like Hertl and would love to have him, but saying he’s better than Zibanejad at this point is disingenuous at best.

I mean Hertl did have covid.

Reactions: ThreatLevelMidnight

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Your response to substantiate your claim that it's a fact that Hertl will not re-sign.
Why would he and why would the Sharks even want to re-sign him? They’re a mess right now with awful contracts and the Kane situation which he’s reportedly unhappy with. He’s in his prime about to get locked up to a long term deal and SJ won’t be good for at least 4-5 years when he’ll be 31-32.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
This is a ridiculous thing to say.

Neither Hertl nor Zibanejad are top 15 centers in the league, although both could be argued to be in the top 20. If you argue otherwise, you probably haven't watched Zibanejad in the past couple of years. (and yes, as someone that has followed the Sharks since their inception and went to a crap ton of games at the cow palace, I am very familiar with Hertl and his skillset)

I would argue that depending on a teams current make-up, either player could be a better fit. Whether or not the Rangers would actually be better with either player in their lineup is open to debate.
I like Zibanejad a lot but I would never say hes better than Hertl. Unless your a strictly counting stats guy I dont know how you could

Reactions: Gecklund

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1000eeer

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Not a true 1C in terms of an elite 1C. Just like how their aren’t 32 number 1 defensemen in the league
Hertl is absolutely elite. Couture before a couple years ago is someone id call a fringe 1c. Hertl is a fantastic player whos point totals dont reflect his value on the ice

Reactions: Frosty415

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad