Proposal: TML-PHI- SJS. Update ***

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Robertson is top 20 nhl prospect
Don't argue this with me. I am not claiming him to be or not to be, I was merely pointing out that Robertson is Toronto's top prospect and trying to wash my hands of this discussion.

If anyone has any information to refute that claim, then I am all ears.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I dont remember the last time a rental player gave up a 1st pick and a top prospect or higher value... i think the last one was martin st louis...

Many of you will be disappoint if you thinking a rental hertl will give it... a 1st and a B prospect ( like heinemen on toffoli deal) will look closer of the maximum if hertl value

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Don't argue this with me. I am not claiming him to be or not to be, I was merely pointing out that Robertson is Toronto's top prospect and trying to wash my hands of this discussion.

If anyone has any information to refute that claim, then I am all ears.
He is not Toronto’s top prospect

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
SJS- Hertl , 50% retained. Has a 3 team trade clause. Czech friends with leafs , just saying
TML- 1st 2022, Robertson, maybe now Robertson is to much

PHI- Braun 50% retained
TML- 2nd 2022, 7th 2022

Mikheyev- trade for a 3rd pick or better
Dermott- trade for a 3rd pick or better
Ritchie - trade , add a 3rd 2022 and a 5th 2023
Sign - Ho- Sang 750 000 before deadline.

Bunting- Matthews- Marner
Hertl- Tavares- Nylander
Kerfoot- Kempf- Kase
Engval- Spezza- Simmonds
Ho-Sang
Rielly- Braun
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Liljegren

FWIW, if the Leafs go from Dermott @ full pop to Braun at 50% retained, they can swap Ritchie for Hertl at 50% retained, without having to drop Mikheyev.

That being said, I think it's important to consider the perspective of the Sharks here. They have put quite a few teams between them and the playoffs, and do not seem to be showing signs of getting back into the race. One would suggest they should be offloading like crazy. But then you look at their roster, and the fact that they've got 4 players (Couture, Karlsson, Burns, Vlasic) taking up $34.5m in cap space, who range from 31 to 36, having a minimum of 3 full years on their deals. The prospect of a rebuild isn't exactly exciting for this team, so I'm sure they look at their 28 year old impending UFA, and think to themselves, we've gotta sign this guy!

If the Sharks do decide to sell on Hertl... I'm not so sure there's going to be many teams lining up to beat that offer.

On the Leafs side, call me crazy, but I don't think I'd do it. If the Leafs are going to burn Robertson & a 1st in one deal, I think they've gotta get a multi-year rental who's going to come at an egregiously low price for next year. Otherwise, if you're shopping for rentals, I think the primary focus should be on D. Up front, I think you've gotta look for size / physical play, not necessarily another finesse forward.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Hertl has a 3 team trade clause , who has the upper hand ? Sharks ? If he doesn’t sign he chooses which team he wants to go to . Easy
Player chooses his destiny.
I'm sure we'll all be around to see how this plays out
No shortage of other fans hoping beyond hope to get the Hertl at a bargain rate

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
I'm sure we'll all be around to see how this plays out
No shortage of other fans hoping beyond hope to get the Hertl at a bargain rate
But Hertl chooses team , 3 Czech players in Toronto and a contender for cup , no brainer.
Other teams have no say or even ask if they are not on his list .

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
FWIW, if the Leafs go from Dermott @ full pop to Braun at 50% retained, they can swap Ritchie for Hertl at 50% retained, without having to drop Mikheyev.

That being said, I think it's important to consider the perspective of the Sharks here. They have put quite a few teams between them and the playoffs, and do not seem to be showing signs of getting back into the race. One would suggest they should be offloading like crazy. But then you look at their roster, and the fact that they've got 4 players (Couture, Karlsson, Burns, Vlasic) taking up $34.5m in cap space, who range from 31 to 36, having a minimum of 3 full years on their deals. The prospect of a rebuild isn't exactly exciting for this team, so I'm sure they look at their 28 year old impending UFA, and think to themselves, we've gotta sign this guy!

If the Sharks do decide to sell on Hertl... I'm not so sure there's going to be many teams lining up to beat that offer.

On the Leafs side, call me crazy, but I don't think I'd do it. If the Leafs are going to burn Robertson & a 1st in one deal, I think they've gotta get a multi-year rental who's going to come at an egregiously low price for next year. Otherwise, if you're shopping for rentals, I think the primary focus should be on D. Up front, I think you've gotta look for size / physical play, not necessarily another finesse forward.
1 Hertl can choose team he wants to be traded to
2 leafs tried grit last year , problem was scoring.
3. Past 4 years it has been scoring, not grit or defence , reason not winning 1st round .

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
But Hertl chooses team , 3 Czech players in Toronto and a contender for cup , no brainer.
Other teams have no say or even ask if they are not on his list .
Boston fans swear he wants to play with his bud Pasta
The rest looks very familiar as well
I have no idea what 3 teams he submitted at the start of the season. I do know DW likes to accommodate or so he oft says

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Boston fans swear he wants to play with his bud Pasta
The rest looks very familiar as well
I have no idea what 3 teams he submitted at the start of the season. I do know DW likes to accommodate or so he oft says
Boston could be one of his teams . Does he have any kind of relationship with the 3 Czechs in Toronto ?.
Mrazek , Kase, Kempf

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
SJS- Hertl , 50% retained. Has a 3 team trade clause. Czech friends with leafs , just saying
TML- 1st 2022, Robertson, maybe now Robertson is to much

PHI- Braun 50% retained
TML- 2nd 2022, 7th 2022

Mikheyev- trade for a 3rd pick or better
Dermott- trade for a 3rd pick or better
Ritchie - trade , add a 3rd 2022 and a 5th 2023
Sign - Ho- Sang 750 000 before deadline.

Bunting- Matthews- Marner
Hertl- Tavares- Nylander
Kerfoot- Kempf- Kase
Engval- Spezza- Simmonds
Ho-Sang
Rielly- Braun
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Liljegren[/QUOte

Opps!

Last edited:

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Hertl has a 3 team trade clause , who has the upper hand ? Sharks ? If he doesn’t sign he chooses which team he wants to go to . Easy
Player chooses his destiny.

3 team no trade clauses don't mean a damn thing. Those are just the teams he's agreed to be traded to without having to ask him to waive. He can and likely will be traded anywhere to the highest bidder.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
3 team no trade clauses don't mean a damn thing. Those are just the teams he's agreed to be traded to without having to ask him to waive. He can and likely will be traded anywhere to the highest bidder.
What ?
It’s almost a NMC
3 teams of his choice, that’s it .
If it’s not one of those teams and he doesn’t want to go , no trade . Simple

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad