Proposal: TML-PHI- SJS. Update ***

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
They have prospects, that are 3 to 4 years away . Leafs team this year is good add and it could put them over the top .
3 solid lines scoring
1st and Robertson is too much for a rental especially when your trading away even more futures in other trades. Just my opinion. Leafs need to be going on a deep playoff push before I would by willing to spend that kind of futures

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
How about a much better prospect. Including a middling pick doesn't in any way tip the scales
Like who ? You think another team will give better then Robertson ? Plus Hertl has NTC or NMC . He’s going to partner up with 3 Czech players with the leafs .

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
San Jose fans aren't going to like this, because replacing Hertl with anything less than a guaranteed star prospect is going to likely be a downgrade, but for a pure rental, that is honestly decent value. A 1st + top prospect is more than most rentals could ever hope to return.

The Braun deal seems about right with retention.

Calling Robertson a top prospect is being overly generous. The Sharks aren't going to move Hertl for someone who is just now coming back from a pretty bad injury while not really being someone that has lit it up professionally thus far. Sharks can do better than that.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
How about a much better prospect. Including a middling pick doesn't in any way tip the scales

Hertl has a 3 team trade clause , so sharks might get less then what I offered .
3 Czech friends on the leafs

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Calling Robertson a top prospect is being overly generous. The Sharks aren't going to move Hertl for someone who is just now coming back from a pretty bad injury while not really being someone that has lit it up professionally thus far. Sharks can do better than that.

Point per game in the AHL as a 19 and 20 year old is pretty damn good. I didn't know about the back injury though. If it's serious enough then no deal. Otherwise this would be an objectively great return for Hertl based on what previous top forward rentals have commanded.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Sharks might get less , he has a 3 team trade clause .

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Point per game in the AHL as a 19 and 20 year old is pretty damn good. I didn't know about the back injury though. If it's serious enough then no deal. Otherwise this would be an objectively great return for Hertl based on what previous top forward rentals have commanded.

Robertson wasn't point per game last year. He's point per game this year in four games. He's not showing top prospect status to me at this point simply because there isn't enough body of work there.

Sharks might get less , he has a 3 team trade clause .

They might but they're likely to get more than a 1st and a prospect coming back from major injury. Players with full NMC's go for more than that often. I'm not worried either way. It's not going to change much with the team. They're still screwed regardless.

Reactions: Gecklund

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Robertson wasn't point per game last year. He's point per game this year in four games. He's not showing top prospect status to me at this point simply because there isn't enough body of work there.

He's at a point per game for his AHL career and he doesn't turn 21 until the start of next season. You're not getting a better prospect than that for Hertl.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He's at a point per game for his AHL career and he doesn't turn 21 until the start of next season. You're not getting a better prospect than that for Hertl.

Robertson isn't point per game for his AHL career. He's four in four this season.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What's Hertl looking for on his next deal? Top-6 C/W is not a bad idea to have in your back pocket if Tavares needs to be moved to wing in a year or two.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Robertson isn't point per game for his AHL career. He's four in four this season.

He's close enough when you combine last season with this one and I'm guessing he's been one of if not the youngest player in the AHL both years. He profiles as a much better prospect than Kevin Bahl or Vitali Abramov did when they were traded along with 1sts in the Hall and Duchene rental deals.

Reactions: banks and zeke

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
He's close enough when you combine last season with this one and I'm guessing he's been one of if not the youngest player in the AHL both years. He profiles as a much better prospect than Kevin Bahl or Vitali Abramov did when they were traded along with 1sts in the Hall and Duchene rental deals.
Robertson will never be part of this deal , I just put it out there . Hertl has Sharks by the balls can choose team he wants to go to .

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Robertson will never be part of this deal , I just put it out there . Hertl has Sharks by the balls can choose team he wants to go to .

I agree. Sharks fans are going to be very disappointed in what the return for Hertl ends up being.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
6b8ab53f8eded340932777f88f70bf12.gif

Reactions: Patty Ice

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
So sharks keep him and might lose him for nothing? He might ask for a trade
Just this week he put out multiple quotes saying he's in negotiations to stay and wants to stay. Would be an abrupt change of course for him to ask for a trade. I also think the Sharks are desperate to keep him cause they're desperate to not tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad