Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He ran Anderson a few times last night, speared Martin and was in Gardiner's face the whole night.
No Leaf challenged him in any away at any point in the game. Of course thats gonna give him the green light to continue doing what he's doing.
I would call him a rat if he's pulling all that **** and ducking fights, but he's really not.

At least with the whole Doughty incident he ended up fighting McNabb.
Well, if the Leafs do respond there's a good chance they get penalized. In a close game mind you. That also plays right into Tkachuks hands and gives him what he wants. I think you're better off not getting sucked into that rat style of play. It's on the refs to make some calls, not wait for one of the Leafs to start scrumming with him after every whistle.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I feel like the league should be coming down harder on guys who clearly use their stick as a weapon. Even if this wasn't an overly strong jab, there has to be a message sent. Your stick is not a weapon. I am shocked the league does not take this more seriously.

Reactions: BLONG7

yourbestfriend

May 28, 2010
Well, if the Leafs do respond there's a good chance they get penalized. In a close game mind you. That also plays right into Tkachuks hands and gives him what he wants. I think you're better off not getting sucked into that rat style of play. It's on the refs to make some calls, not wait for one of the Leafs to start scrumming with him after every whistle.

I agree. But there are many ways teams can respond that don't require them to take penalties. Finish off your check every single time you can, get a hack in whenever you can. Little things.
Again, no response in any form from the Leafs in that regard. If you don't give him a reason to stop, he's not.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I agree. But there are many ways teams can respond that don't require them to take penalties. Finish off your check every single time you can, get a hack in whenever you can. Little things.
Again, no response in any form from the Leafs in that regard. If you don't give him a reason to stop, he's not.

The one slide in Freddie was obviously questionable but even before that I couldn't believe how little response they had when players went to the net. I don't care if a Flames player pushes someone into our goalie. We still go after them.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Lol@ calling these pokes with no power behind them "spearing" Didnt martin say he never actually felt it?

Btw does anyone remember when Draisaitl viciously speared a Duck last year? How many games did he get? Oh right, 0.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005

They responded by winning the game and sweeping the season series. It was a good enough response for me. Would it have been better if Martin messed up Tkachuk's face?

Lol@ calling these pokes with no power behind them "spearing" Didnt martin say he never actually felt it?

Btw does anyone remember when Draisaitl viciously speared a Duck last year? How many games did he get? Oh right, 0.

I can't remember the incident, but was Draisaitl suspended two weeks before the incident for something else stupid?

North

Jun 25, 2009
They responded by winning the game and sweeping the season series. It was a good enough response for me. Would it have been better if Martin messed up Tkachuk's face?

I can't remember the incident, but was Draisaitl suspended two weeks before the incident for something else stupid?

I don't believe Leon has ever been suspended.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Nobody will be sad when this rat gets taken out for a long time. It is going to happen an somebody is going to snap. He also "fell" into Andersen a numerous amount of times.

Dirty bag player.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Deserved suspension.

Clear history, speared with intent (no matter how lightly), and from the bench. There's not much to defend here unless he plays for your team.

Reactions: Byrral

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

The thing is, it's not Tkachuk that's going to suffer any consequences for this kind of thing, it's going to be guys like Gaudreau that feel it.

There's no point getting giving it back to Tkachuk, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Should be long. Though it was weak the fact he speared him from the bench and he just got suspended for spearing too.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
1 game..

"no no no matthew, don't do this again or else"

week later: "no no no matthew, don't do this again or else"

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
He's already got his masters in spearing and slewfoots.

How many guys has he slew foot and got away with it? Davidson he injured after a whistle. There was Marincin at the end of a game. Guy is just a tool between the ears. He should work on being a better hockey player. Work on his slow as molasses skating for example.

He won't even be in the league in a few years is my guess. From a career ending injury or being such an obnoxious distraction for a team nobody wants him.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
He only deserved a game for that but wow he is quickly going on the naughty list.

He is going to have to be very careful or else he’s going to start racking up some big suspensions

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

He never speared a duck, better luck next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad