Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JBear

Mar 26, 2014
Ah, Oilers fan. I get it. The fictional slewfoots because people don't understand what a slewfoot actually is. He didn't get suspended for Marincin or Davidson because those were not slewfoots, that will not change no matter how many Oiler tears are shed over it. Perhaps it's time to stop crying about it and move on.

Lol yes that is what I base my opinion on MT. Not the fact that they were dirty plays that resulted in injury. I honestly don't have hatred for the Flames though I am excited for an eventual return of the BoA. I would love to have MT's skill set (ratty with decent skill set) and actually believe it's what the Oiler's need right now but he's too ****** in the head which will get old soon and get him or Johnny Hockey hurt.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Ah, Oilers fan. I get it. The fictional slewfoots because people don't understand what a slewfoot actually is. He didn't get suspended for Marincin or Davidson because those were not slewfoots, that will not change no matter how many Oiler tears are shed over it. Perhaps it's time to stop crying about it and move on.
right, they both just happened to lose their balance when tkachuk kicked at their skates and swung backwards through them

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
right, they both just happened to lose their balance when tkachuk kicked at their skates and swung backwards through them

The NHL needs to investigate who's behind setting up all these coincidences to frame Tkachuk, you can't help but feel bad for the guy at this point.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Oh yes, the spear that happened during play. That is EXACTLY the same as spearing someone from your own bench in a scrum.

It's THE SAME. Right?

Edit: Tkachuk got off easy here, I expect this generosity of DOPS is exhausted by now.

Are you implying that MT's spear was worse than Drai's simply because MT was on the bench?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He should have been suspended multiple times last year. Karma is a B and it’s coming back (although he deserved more games). You can’t be that weasely and get away with things forever. He’s already one of the most hated by players and fans and he’s just started his career. Ouch

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Should have just butt ended him in the face Tkachuk, you only get fined for that.

member 262271

They can say hi all they want they weren't injured by Matt Tkachuk slew footing them.
Marincin was, or wait noooo that must've been his hurt Toronto Maple Leafs feelings right? You're on a roll guy.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Hey what can I say, you break the rules, you face disciplinary action. If you want no rules hockey I dunno what to tell ya bud.

There can be rules but the punishment should fit with the "crime."

If Tkachuk would have been assessed a 2 minute minor during the game I would have no problem with that.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Apologies if already posted but this is his third suspension in his last 36 regular season games.

And he got away with a slew-foot that injured Martin Marincin in the final seconds of a game late last season too.

member 262271

It wasn't a slew foot at all so not sure what to tell ya bud.
I'm not going to bother telling you what a slew foot is - you clearly don't want to know anyways. Try some self awareness maybe, even if you like the player they are capable of being an idiot - I won't hold my breath I want to live.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm not going to bother telling you what a slew foot is - you clearly don't want to know anyways. Try some self awareness maybe, even if you like the player they are capable of being an idiot - I won't hold my breath I want to live.

I don't need you to tell me what it is I already know and that was not a slew foot.

member 262271

You said he didn't deserve any of his suspensions? Did the elbow to doughty never happen?
I'll save you the trouble - apparently it wasn't an elbow, nor was it dirty and Drew was just diving. Tkachuk is a perfect specimen - clean as a whistle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad