Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It definitely wasn't a charge.

It's hard to tell from that gif but maybe could've been boarding because the Flames player went headfirst into (or almost into) the boards?

Thats all I can see there. Maybe a boarding penalty if hes close enough. How exactly is it a charge? He was gliding in and changed direction and then hit a guy on the shoulder with the puck.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
If it's not a charge it was definitely boarding. I'm happy that Tkachuk is so effective around the league that other teams fans are frothing at the mouth about him (imagine how other teams players feel!)

I do wish he would stop tapping people with his stick when they're not on the ice together. But he's totally a huge net positive for us so whatever!

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Tkachuk is sure using up his "freebies" early in his career.

Reactions: Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tkachuk is sure using up his "freebies" early in his career.

It's frustrating that he never got suspended for his countless slew foots last year but it's nice that he's building up a record. I can see him getting suspended for 10+ games in the future if he keeps this up, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
its funny what he is getting suspended for... sure its the act of what he is doing and I honestly have zero problem with him getting suspended ... but people are actually hurting people in other ways(cross checks, questionable hits, etc etc) and getting same punishment or even just fines. Even during game last night the analysts were laughing and saying Tkachuk is getting suspended for acts that are causing no injuries what so ever but they had no issue with the fact he was getting his suspensions just cause it was the act of what he is doing

tkachuk must keep forgetting there are cameras EVERYWHERE!!!!

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Someone is going to do what Domi did to Samuelson at some point. Hopefully, he fights Martin later, but I doubt it.

Tkachuk will never fight Martin, because he'd get his face pounded in, and he knows it. So instead, he decides to initiate something while hiding behind the bench like a coward. I sure hope this isn't Burke's idea of "truculence".

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
The act probably doesn't warrant more than a game, but not sure suspending him one game at a time is going to teach him anything.

Reactions: Heldig

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Hope he learns soon that the dumb crap is doing nothing for his game and only setting himself up for more severe punishment down the road.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
He will watch one game from the press box -- maybe he can figure out who is on the ice and who is not.

Reactions: naruto

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Doesn't appear that way..2-1-1..

Should have gotten 2-3 for the spear from the bench...

I said from here. Also the other incidents, from what I recall, were infractions where he was on the ice. Not that this makes it any better. He's building a nice resume. Let's see what happens next time because there will be a next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad