Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018
Anyone find confirmed contract details, specifically whether he got some form of NMC? I always wondered if that was an unreported sticking point for a long-term deal...

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
If you're basing it purely off points:

Tkachuk has scored 125 points in 198 games prior to signing his deal. A 52pt/82g pace.
Wilson scored 104 points in 381 games prior to signing his deal. A 22pt/82g pace.

Tkachuk point per game pace is 136% higher than Wilson's was.
His AAV is only 61% higher.

Looks like we got a deal.

Wilson didn't get his contract because of the 381 games prior. He got it because of of his 78 games prior and his 21 game playoff performance in a cup winning effort.

And wasn't that his UFA contract as well?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
unique doesn't mean better though. bad way to build a team. When the guy who should be the 4th or 5th best player on a contending roster is the highest paid (until the other better players start saying wait a minute)
I didn't say it means better, what I'm saying is without comparables it is difficult to put a market value on what he brings. His intangibles are the type that people playing the game often place more value on in terms of effecting outcomes than those watching do, which is probably why we see a discrepancy between some fans accesment of his value and the teams.

Who is right, idk. But in the end, all I'm saying is I don't see the gloom and doom you do when moving on to Norris Stützle and Sanderson who don't have that intangible mystique.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wilson didn't get his contract because of the 381 games prior. He got it because of of his 78 games prior and his 21 game playoff performance in a cup winning effort.

Wilson was an RFA with 5 seasons under his belt, Tkachuk has 3.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I didn't say it means better, what I'm saying is without comparables it is difficult to put a market value on what he brings. His intangibles are the type that people playing the game often place more value on in terms of effecting outcomes than those watching do, which is probably why we see a discrepancy between some fans accesment of his value and the teams.

Who is right, idk. But in the end, all I'm saying is I don't see the gloom and doom you do when moving on to Norris Stützle and Sanderson who don't have that intangible mystique.

because he's an old school type forward that doesn't exist as much?

And i value Brady a lot. Ideally you have a player like Brady on every line of your roster. But paying him phenom money? That's hard to justfy even with this mystique which has a lot to do with his last name and the teams own efforts to crown him as a leader from the start.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I'll reserve being mad for if we ever lose players due to cap constraints, be they internal or league.

For now, woooooooooh

probably the best way to look at it lol.

I will enjoy tonights game a lot more with Brady in the lineup.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
he needs to spend near the cap

I mean, Norris next off-season, Stützle the one after that and Sanderson (likely) the one after that. Let’s not waste our cap room on some shitty UFA, let’s have enough to sign our guys.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
because he's an old school type forward that doesn't exist as much?

And i value Brady a lot. Ideally you have a player like Brady on every line of your roster. But paying him phenom money? That's hard to justfy even with this mystique which has a lot to do with his last name and the teams own efforts to crown him as a leader from the start.

Time to start complaining about another player.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Also, I have no idea where to put this so I’m going to ask here. I got a Tkachuk jersey, I believe the Fanatics. The nameplate is hand stitched on but I’ve only worn it once and the letters are peeling off the name plate. Can the Sens store fix this?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

He signed the contract at 24 years old, and gave up 3 years of UFA. Same as Brady.

You're right though, Wilson didn't get his contract because of the 381 games prior. Neither did Tkachuk.

They both got their contracts because of what their teams expect them to do in the future. Both contracts are based on projections.

Wilson's worked out. But it easily could have been a disaster.

We'll see what Brady turns into.

If in 2 years, the cap is at $90M and Brady is putting up 30 goals and 70 points? It'll be great. If the cap is still at $81M and Brady is putting up 20 goals and 50 points? It won't be.

Reactions: alfstheman

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Also, I have no idea where to put this so I’m going to ask here. I got a Tkachuk jersey, I believe the Fanatics. The nameplate is hand stitched on but I’ve only worn it once and the letters are peeling off the name plate. Can the Sens store fix this?

yep

Reactions: JimmyApples

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
With that NMC ,Brady still decides what he wants to do...If EM doesnt follow through Brady will ask for a trade,which is fair....Now its up to our management/ownership to build a winner

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Brady pulls every other player on the team into the fight each game. He is the heartbeat of this team and we have him for 7 more years.

Go support the team live and show the players they have a rabid fan base still. It's the least we can do as fans.

I'll be in the 300s, see everyone tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad