Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Now.. we gotta do everything we can to extend Norris as soon as freaking possible before he commands anything over 6.5
His comparable is Nick Suzuki so I would say if we want him long term then it will be just shy of 8M. I like 5M on a bridge for Norris.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brady is the alpha in that room,and they all look up to him...They all want to play with him ,and can see this happening..We may have a player or too that doesnt see it this way,but STU,Norris etc will sign contracts to stay

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pinto, Norris, Stutzle, Sanderson contacts are going to hurt now.
Those guys will earn what their comparables dictate. The issue with Brady is he brings value in areas where there really aren't comparables, so you look at a guy like Suzuki who scored at a slightly higher pace (60 vs 55 or thereabouts) and have to figure out how to value intangibles like fighting, hitting, being the team captain, ect.

I think we overpaid a bit, but I think it's much easier for a unicorn like Brady to argue he deserves more than a guy with multiple easy comparables. Batherson for example got right in line with his peers, he was easy to find similar players. Norris and Stützle should be the same.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
if Norris paces for the same or more as Brady why would he accept anything less than 6.5? Or heck even 7.5?

His comparable is Nick Suzuki so I would say if we want him long term then it will be just shy of 8M. I like 5M on a bridge for Norris.

Norris is as it stands, is farrr closer to Batherson money than Brady. Brady already 3 seasons in NHL and led team in points last year+ 2nd in hits+ captain to Norris' one.

Suzuki same age as Norris with 2 seasons down + Stanley cup final appearance leading team in points. Norris current value I'd peg it at 5.5ish on a 6 year deal. If he outscores Brady convincingly this year, then we might be in trouble looking at over 7 on longterm, but I think we will do everything we can to sign him to 6.5 for 6/7 years as fast as we can.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Jesus man, what the hell is with the sourpuss act?

I want this team to be a winner, and when it comes to structuring the core of a team, throwing around extra salary will always come back to bite you. Because it's never going to be just one guy.

That's assuming we are actually trying to do this right.

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Those guys will earn what their comparables dictate. The issue with Brady is he brings value in areas where there really aren't comparables, so you look at a guy like Suzuki who scored at a slightly higher pace (60 vs 55 or thereabouts) and have to figure out how to value intangibles like fighting, hitting, being the team captain, ect.

I think we overpaid a bit, but I think it's much easier for a unicorn like Brady to argue he deserves more than a guy with multiple easy comparables. Batherson for example got right in line with his peers, he was easy to find similar players. Norris and Stützle should be the same.

those intangibles would be baked in on a 7m contract for a player with a 50 point career high and who should hopefully average around 65.

The 8.2 is clear 1m/1.2 mill overpay. Every agent of our other young stars is feeling pretty good right now. Their jobs got a lot easier.

Brady got this contract because of brand name, not intangibles or his production.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Norris is as it stands, is farrr closer to Batherson money than Brady. Brady already 3 seasons in NHL and led team in points last year+ 2nd in hits+ captain to Norris' one.

Suzuki same age as Norris with 2 seasons down + Stanley cup final appearance leading team in points. Norris current value I'd peg it at 5.5ish on a 6 year deal. If he outscores Brady convincingly this year, then we might be in trouble looking at over 7 on longterm, but I think we will do everything we can to sign him to 6.5 for 6/7 years as fast as we can.
Suzuki 15 goals 41 points last year as #1 centre
Norris 17 goals 36 points last year as #1 centre

If Norris paces with Suzuki this season then he absolutely is the comparable that will be used. Maybe Suzuki lights it up but I think Norris out scores him this year so just be ready for a similar contract demand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad