Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If Therrien use him on the right, that's a HUGE mistake. Tinordi always played the left side. It's his first NHL game, put him in a position where he's confortable! Come on, Therrien... Bouillon = Right.

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
:shakehead:shakehead

1) Don't compare Tinordi to Laraque.
2) Don't compare Tinordi tp Lindros.
3) Don't compare Tinordi to Chara
4) Bigger people actually have bigger heads and skulls on average.
5) Lindros was 6'4", not 6'1"
6) Chara did fight Laraque... multiples times in 1 game. It was a draw.

Tinordi is 6'6" and currently lanky. He may be a great fighter one day, but right now he's a good fighter and I'd rather he stay away from Orr, Lucic, Carkner, etc. He may put on 20 lbs and better technique in the next 3 or 4 years... and by that time Chara might be retired.
I am not comparing them at all. I was saying that Chara from time to time might wince. I ALSO said "I hope". How is it "I hope" translates to "Tinordi will be a great fighter"

Right back at ya :shakehead:shakehead

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If Therrien use him on the right, that's a HUGE mistake. Tinordi always played the left side. It's his first NHL game, put him in a position where he's confortable! Come on, Therrien... Bouillon = Right.

doesnt matter, he's here to fight anyway, right ?

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
I think its great that they're calling up some of our top defense prospects to give them a taste of the NHL lifestyle. It keeps them hungry. It'll make them want to work that much harder when they get sent back down, and it gives them a break from a not-so-great season in Hamilton.

hogtownhabsfan*

Seems to be the case according to this.

I'd give it 2 wins, 2 losses, and 1 tie.

Both his losses were due to lack of balance/strength/technique. All three of those aspects of his fighting ability will get better big time. You can't teach his size/reach/willingness

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Can any photoshop master produce a Tinordi / Bouillon pic out of this:

Twins-1988-movie-poster.jpg

Would be much appreciated.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010

I understand your point, it's valid. However, we sometimes forget that the this group of coaches communicates with the players, they wouldn't put a rookie in a situation where is he completely uncomfortable, we should be well aware of this by now considering how well the team has been handling A.Gally, B.Gally and the other rookies.

Plus, they saw him in practise as a RD. Sure, there is a difference between practises and games, but it isn't something to be ignored.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
He could become better, but he's not at this time, Tinordi is the better skater and has a higher hockey IQ, McIlrath is not as much a feared fighter as he was in the Dub, in the AHL he's not instagating fear in anyone. He's a willing fighter who will fight anyone but he doesn't have the ceiling of Tinordi, i'm pretty sure any Rangers fan would say the same.

I think you are in love with the image you have of McIlrath more than the actual player. I'm all for a Heavyweight on this team and draft thoughness and mit droppers, but Tinordi is a this time a better player than McIlrath and everything indicates that he's gonna be in the future. He could surprise people though.

This is coming from a guy who loves McIlrath.

I respectly disagree. McIlrath and Tinordi are comparable in skating department and hockey IQ. Both of them are know for their defense and are good at it. In the trade section, we talked about Tinordi vs McIlrath and both fanbase wanted to keep their respective player.....

hogtownhabsfan*

I respectly disagree. McIlrath and Tinordi are comparable in skating department and hockey IQ. Both of them are know for their defense and are good at it. In the trade section, we talked about Tinordi vs McIlrath and both fanbase wanted to keep their respective player.....

I haven't seen enough of Mcilrath to judge his hockey IQ, but Tinordi is definitely the more mobile player. Tinordi has plus mobility for his size.

Manix58

Jan 14, 2013
Once he gets his skating in order and puts on weight, he will be better than Chara 10-fold.

hogtownhabsfan*

Once he gets his skating in order and puts on weight, he will be better than Chara 10-fold.

We can wish. The big difference between Chara and what Tinordi can be, is that Chara is an elite first team PP dman. Tinordi probably never plays regularly on the PP at any point in his career.

But Chara without the PP ability is still a damn good player.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Thanks for the nice comments! It's a little too easy to spend time playing on Photoshop when I should be working...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Please remember folks that he has 5 posts to his repertoire...

Tinordi will never get close to Chara in any way, shape or form... yet, I think he'll be a usefull Top 4 defensive defenceman one day.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
So how tall he is ?? 6'4-6'5 ? ***** I toughy he was 6'7 when we drafted him and I was hoping he will grow to 6'8-6'9.

6'4 is nothing to brag about and it's boderline manlet for some

SonOfSmytty

Mar 9, 2013
He's worked hard in Hamilton and deserves it. It's gotta be a breath of fresh air; they're struggling down there.
Side note: Tinordi is verified on the Shnarped Hockey app, send him a pound and message of congrats via the app and he should respond.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Back end for tomorrow

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs back end vs. NJD Sat: Markov - Emelin; Gorges - Subban; Bouillon - Tinordi. Price starting. Tinordi's NHL debut, wearing #42.

Looking forward to it!

interesting, glad he's going to make his debut but not sure if i've ever seen him on the right side. Hope it goes well for him.

Tinordi will be Timmins 28th draft pick to play a game in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad