Confirmed with Link: Timo Meier extended (8 x $8.8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
6DC1B457-0954-457C-9700-12CDFA42A73C.jpeg

SWISS SQUAD

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I honestly can't tell if you're doing a bit or being serious
I'm serious. His beginning with the team was really lackluster.

1688056172814.png

While he and the chemistry can be expected to improve drastically over time, there is always the risk with big contracts, especially with unproven ones. Meier is currently career 0,7ppg season, 0,5ppg in playoffs and no proven chemistry with the Devils. I have nothing against Meier, there isn't player of his caliber available atm, it's just a general negative attitude against any 7M+ player that doesn't play clean 2-way game or have a very visible playoff mode where he will outproduce himself when the games matter. Normal season stats don't mean anything to me, unless it's clearly a player that can outscore his deficiencies with such a large margin that it also results his lines playing 50%+ winning hockey.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
8,8M is a lot of the eggs in the same basket. I would have rather seen Bastian, McLeod & Wood locked before this one, the soul of the team, but I guess this is the price of success and some good players will have to be let go...
Rough take

Reactions: Bleedred

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I'm serious. His beginning with the team was really lackluster.

View attachment 723508

While he and the chemistry can be expected to improve drastically over time, there is always the risk with big contracts, especially with unproven ones. Meier is currently career 0,7ppg season, 0,5ppg in playoffs and no proven chemistry with the Devils. I have nothing against Meier, there isn't player of his caliber available atm, it's just a general negative attitude against any 7M+ player that doesn't play clean 2-way game or have a very visible playoff mode where he will outproduce himself when the games matter. Normal season stats don't mean anything to me, unless it's clearly a player that can outscore his deficiencies with such a large margin that it also results his lines playing 50%+ winning hockey.
Meier was far and away the Devils best chance producer in the playoffs

if that's a guy without "playoff mode" man find me half a dozen more of them

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Of course Timo struggled, he was coming to a new team in-season and off an injury no less. This is part of the reason Fitz doesn't generally do deadline rental trades, Timo had the extra year and they were obviously looking to sign him long term so they were going to live with him not doing as well in the regular season last year.

This is basically Mogilny 2.0 only Mogilny wasn't a candidate to sign long-term. But he was bad his first year with the Devils then popped his second (full) year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad