Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

David Krejci*

Honestly... The people in here who say DK is untouchable... There is no such thing as untouchable. If a trade can make your team stronger, you do it, doesn't matter who the player is.

I laugh at the "Seguin was traded because he didn't perform in the playoffs". Seguin was traded because our GM thought he could strengthen the team - nothing more.

Comparing Seguin / Krecji is so off base you can't even come up with a good analogy? Really? The same Krejci who was terrible these past playoffs (and he said as much himself). The same Seguin who in his first full year as a center has out pointed DK's best years ever? The same Seguin who as a sophomore made the all star team and led the Bruins is scoring? Yeah, God forbid I compare the two of them...
Nobody is untouchable, I agree. But you proposed Evander Kane, which does not make the Bruins better. Soderberg has proven nothing to be considered a real #1 offensive center on a Stanley Cup contending team, which is what Krejci is. That would be a horrific trade. I wouldn't even trade Marchand for Evander Kane, never mind Krejci. And I hate Marchand and want him traded.

You are wrong about the Seguin trade. If Seguin performed the way he was supposed to, in the playoffs, he would not have been dealt. He was in his 3rd year and had scored almost 30 goals in the regular season the year before, and was on pace for more than that in 2013 in the lockout shortened year. He was a #2 overall pick, plenty of playoff experience, and it's a young man's league and those type of guys are (rightfully so) expected to be big contributors come playoff time, and he wasn't.

You can argue that they should've given him another year, up with Krejci and Lucic and allow him to really try to flourish and turn into that pure offensive monster that they hoped they had when they drafted him. That was my plan after we lost to Chicago, was to put him up there. Because as much as I love Bergeron, he's my favorite player, the only way Seguin was going to turn into that dynamic offensive superstar here, was by playing with Krejci. He had already had a lot of success when he was spotted on that line a few times when Horton went down in 2013, also going back to his OT goal in Game 6 vs Washington, and his goal in Game 7 vs Washington. He also looked really dangerous in Game 1 OT vs Chicago when they put him up on that line when Horton went down.

I was okay with trading Seguin, I thought we could've gotten more for him, but I think we might've missed the boat by not giving him a year up with Krejci and Lucic and seeing how he did there for a full year and playoff run. But we don't know for sure what kind of issues he had behind the scenes and how severe they really were, so it's hard to make that determination without knowing the whole story of what went on.

Krejci has lead the playoffs twice in scoring, and been dominant every other year in the playoffs that he was healthy. Seguin has never had a good playoff run, just a couple of good games here and there. It's not about regular season points, they knew Seguin could score in the regular season. It's about transitioning that to the playoffs, which Seguin hasn't shown that he can do yet. Seguin doesn't even stay at an even level in the playoffs compared to what he does in the regular season. Krejci plays BETTER in the playoffs than he does in the regular season. This year was the exception to the rule for Krejci. Every other year, he's been dominant, and that is not too strong of a word.

Last edited by a moderator:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I wouldn't be surprised honestly, Chia often has unhealthy infatuations with certain players and I believe Krejci is one of them, and at times it's to the detriment of the team.

No doubt give him a full NTC or NMC as well,

Nothing makes a GM more infatuated...hell, in love...than leading the playoffs in scoring a few times.

*Pete starts humping Krejci's leg*

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Nobody is untouchable, I agree. But you proposed Evander Kane, which does not make the Bruins better. Soderberg has proven nothing to be considered a real #1 offensive center on a Stanley Cup contending team, which is what Krejci is. That would be a horrific trade. I wouldn't even trade Marchand for Evander Kane, never mind Krejci. And I hate Marchand and want him traded.

I keep seeing this.

Why would Soderberg become the #1 center?

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
i wonder how many people would sell their soul to get Evander Kane on the Bruins if he didn't knock Matt Cooke out?

Krejci will get Statsny money and term if he hits the open market. Chia can't let that happen.

Bruins window is now, unless the Bruins are getting a clear upgrade over Krejci then you don't move him? How many 1st centers better than Krejci are available?

Chia needs to bring Krejci,Boychuk and Caron into his office and negotiate $ and term to play on a Stanley Cup contending team.

CARON...LOL!...Just seeing if you were paying attention.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin

You are wrong about the Seguin trade. If Seguin performed the way he was supposed to, in the playoffs, he would not have been dealt. He was in his 3rd year and had scored almost 30 goals in the regular season the year before, and was on pace for more than that in 2013 in the lockout shortened year. He was a #2 overall pick, plenty of playoff experience, and it's a young man's league and those type of guys are (rightfully so) expected to be big contributors come playoff time, and he wasn't.

You can argue that they should've given him another year, up with Krejci and Lucic and allow him to really try to flourish and turn into that pure offensive monster that they hoped they had when they drafted him. That was my plan after we lost to Chicago, was to put him up there. Because as much as I love Bergeron, he's my favorite player, the only way Seguin was going to turn into that dynamic offensive superstar here, was by playing with Krejci. He had already had a lot of success when he was spotted on that line a few times when Horton went down in 2013, also going back to his OT goal in Game 6 vs Washington, and his goal in Game 7 vs Washington. He also looked really dangerous in Game 1 OT vs Chicago when they put him up on that line when Horton went down.

I was okay with trading Seguin, I thought we could've gotten more for him, but I think we might've missed the boat by not giving him a year up with Krejci and Lucic and seeing how he did there for a full year and playoff run. But we don't know for sure what kind of issues he had behind the scenes and how severe they really were, so it's hard to make that determination without knowing the whole story of what went on.

Krejci has lead the playoffs twice in scoring, and been dominant every other year in the playoffs that he was healthy. Seguin has never had a good playoff run, just a couple of good games here and there. It's not about regular season points, they knew Seguin could score in the regular season. It's about transitioning that to the playoffs, which Seguin hasn't shown that he can do yet. Seguin doesn't even stay at an even level in the playoffs compared to what he does in the regular season. Krejci plays BETTER in the playoffs than he does in the regular season. This year was the exception to the rule for Krejci. Every other year, he's been dominant, and that is not too strong of a word.

Holy cow, now that's a post...

Few things though. I did't propose trading DK for EK... I said that any trade that could help the team on the ice and with the cap, should be considered. I said that if we could do that dealing from a position of strength (center) to fulfill a weakness (rt wing) it should be considered. I said that if you trade for a guy "like" Kane, does it strengthen your team... I would hope my point was clear, but evidently not. I brought up the Seguin trade to try to validate that point. We did trade a great player (a center) for two very good wingers and a couple prospects. We dealt from a position of strength to address a weakness.

Not that I want to get into the whole Seguin thing, cause it's been beaten to death here - but... Seguin did out score Krecji the year the Caps knocked us out, correct? The Cup run last year, it could easily be argued that he was set up to fail... Why was he (our leading scorer) demoted when the B's picked up Jagr? The 3rd line was a black hole all year and Seguin, like every other player that year, struggled there. Another thing, although he was bad during those playoffs as a whole, he was actually pretty good during the Blackhawks series. Had some of his line mates buried some of his nice set ups, we might have actually won another Cup... So many "what if's"... Oh well.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Remember, there's nothing more unhealthy than valuing your top-line center. :laugh:

:laugh:

Everyone's got a 1C...but this is a 1C that has shown the abilty to come up "tops" in the playoffs...

Endangered species rare.

I would expect Krejci to be on the short list of must extends. Playoff performance is just platinum.

I'm dating myself a bit, but I used to be a big Dmitri Khristich fan. As you might know, very well-rounded performer...just didn't put up playoff numbers. Sinden let him walk after arbitration over a couple bucks...pretty unheard of at the time...

Once you find a guy that performs his best when it's what it's all about...you hold on tight.

I give him a pass for last year, it just wasn't right with Iggy.

David Krejci*

Holy cow, now that's a post...

Few things though. I did't propose trading DK for EK... I said that any trade that could help the team on the ice and with the cap, should be considered. I said that if we could do that dealing from a position of strength (center) to fulfill a weakness (rt wing) it should be considered. I said that if you trade for a guy "like" Kane, does it strengthen your team... I would hope my point was clear, but evidently not. I brought up the Seguin trade to try to validate that point. We did trade a great player (a center) for two very good wingers and a couple prospects. We dealt from a position of strength to address a weakness.

Not that I want to get into the whole Seguin thing, cause it's been beaten to death here - but... Seguin did out score Krecji the year the Caps knocked us out, correct? The Cup run last year, it could easily be argued that he was set up to fail... Why was he (our leading scorer) demoted when the B's picked up Jagr? The 3rd line was a black hole all year and Seguin, like every other player that year, struggled there. Another thing, although he was bad during those playoffs as a whole, he was actually pretty good during the Blackhawks series. Had some of his line mates buried some of his nice set ups, we might have actually won another Cup... So many "what if's"... Oh well.
Okay you didn't come out and literally say "trade Krejci for E.Kane", but you made the point about moving Krejci for an upgrade at wing and then posted a lineup with E. Kane on it, and no Krejci, so isn't that kind of the same thing? Even if you mean a guy "like" E. Kane, that isn't enough. You have to do better than a guy like him to warrant the downgrade from Krejci to Soderberg, which is a definitive downgrade, and I say that as someone who likes Soderberg a lot.

I don't really want to get too far into the Seguin thing either, but Krejci played the Washington series concussed after that pane of glass fell on his head after Kellys OT goal in Game 1. I don't know if Seguin outscored him in that series, but I remember people really laying into Seguin for being invisible, until he scored that goal in Game 6. Then he followed it up with a real gritty goal in Game 7 and I thought for sure he had turned the corner, that he would come out and explode in the playoffs the next year, and it didn't happen.

He wasn't demoted when the Bruins picked up Jagr. Jagr may have played some games with Bergeron in the regular season, but he played just as much on the 3rd and even 4th line at times. Seguin started the playoffs on the line with Bergeron and Marchand. He played himself off of that line, he was TERRIBLE in the Toronto series, which was exceptionally alarming because he always killed Toronto in the regular season. They moved him to the 3rd line and slid Jagr up with Bergeron in Game 7, and it stayed that way throughout the playoffs.

After they moved him to the 3rd line, I thought he actually played very well. He still couldn't finish to save his life for whatever reason, but he played a very good overall game. He was setting guys up, backchecking very well, playing solid D, he was doing his job. But Jagr was doing his job with Bergeron and they had no reason to change it, even though Jagr wasn't scoring either, he was setting guys up as well and big with puck possession and they were winning.

Where they screwed up with this, in my opinion, was after Chicago won Game 4. It was apparent that Horton was not going to be effective after his shoulder fell off in OT of Game 1. That line had not been effective for 3 straight games at this point. They should've then moved Horton down to the 3rd, and put Seguin who was playing very well, up on the 1st line with Krejci and Lucic, like they had so many times before in the regular season and had great success. I have no idea why this wasn't done. They did put Seguin up there for parts of double OT and triple OT in Game 1, and he had a ton of chances, even had a breakaway I believe. But all throughout that series he was setting guys up and getting tons of chances. He set up Paille's OT winner in Game 2 on a nice pass, set up Dog****avins on that infamous failure in triple OT on a great pass, he made a great play to set up Kelly's goal in Game 6.

I've said so many times, maybe if Daugavins buries that, we're all saying "WOW what a great set up by Segs" and maybe they go on to win the Cup and maybe Seguin never gets traded. We'll never know. But you're right though, he absolutely played very well (despite not actually scoring) in the 2013 playoffs once he got taken off the Bergeron line, starting in Game 7 vs Toronto. They just decided that coupled with whatever off ice issues he might've had (which I personally think were probably overblown in the media, but who knows?) going by what they saw from him, that they didn't have the time in their window to wait around for a 6 million dollar player to figure it out in the playoffs in a salary cap era. And like I said in my original post about this, I think they may have jumped the gun by not giving him the opportunity to do it for a full year and full playoffs with Krejci and Lucic.

Sorry for the long post, but I think my thoughts are pretty fleshed out and I don't know how to cut it down any more than it is.

David Krejci*

I keep seeing this.

Why would Soderberg become the #1 center?

I said offensive center. You can argue between Krejci and Bergeron who is the true #1 center on the team. I have always felt like Krejci's line is the #1 line over Bergeron's, even though Bergeron is the better player. But offensively, Krejci is the top center.

But even if he wasn't and you wanted to classify him as the definitive #2 offensive center, Soderberg has done nothing to prove that he can be a legit #2 center on a real Stanley Cup contending team. And I say that as someone who likes Soderberg a lot. But Krejci is just on another level and unless you were making a serious, serious upgrade on the wing, it is not worth the downgrade from Krejci to Soderberg, even if Krejci is making more money.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I said offensive center. You can argue between Krejci and Bergeron who is the true #1 center on the team. I have always felt like Krejci's line is the #1 line over Bergeron's, even though Bergeron is the better player. But offensively, Krejci is the top center.

But even if he wasn't and you wanted to classify him as the definitive #2 offensive center, Soderberg has done nothing to prove that he can be a legit #2 center on a real Stanley Cup contending team. And I say that as someone who likes Soderberg a lot. But Krejci is just on another level and unless you were making a serious, serious upgrade on the wing, it is not worth the downgrade from Krejci to Soderberg, even if Krejci is making more money.

I think you and I would most strongly disagree at putting Krejci at "another level" in comparison to Soderberg. No doubt Krejci is better. But I don't think they are generations apart. If you extrapolate Soderberg's numbers at center ice to a full 82-game season last year, he hits 64. Krejci hit 67. Extrapolating numbers isn't an accurate sense of scoring I know. But combined with every other factor (ice time, line mates, watching them both play the game), I'd be more than comfortable with that added evidence in making Soderberg our #2 guy - IF it meant a significant upgrade in another position on the ice that the B's happen to be lacking in.

David Krejci*

I think you and I would most strongly disagree at putting Krejci at "another level" in comparison to Soderberg. No doubt Krejci is better. But I don't think they are generations apart. If you extrapolate Soderberg's numbers at center ice to a full 82-game season last year, he hits 64. Krejci hit 67. Extrapolating numbers isn't an accurate sense of scoring I know. But combined with every other factor (ice time, line mates, watching them both play the game), I'd be more than comfortable with that added evidence in making Soderberg our #2 guy - IF it meant a significant upgrade in another position on the ice that the B's happen to be lacking in.
If you want to re-evaluate it after the season, and Soderberg has another really good year, and really ramps it up in the playoffs, I think that'd be fair to ask the question then. But right now, at this moment, like the OP is suggesting, I think it would be a very bad move. Obviously part of it depends on who you are getting for that wing, but a guy like Evander Kane is not enough, you have to do better than that. It's a whole lot easier to find an offensive winger who can do the job on a top line than it is to find that center.

We have that center, and he is a unique player in that he is slick offensively, but not soft at all and doesn't shy away from physicality, and is above average defensively. Also (and this is the most important thing), he always takes his play to a higher level in the playoffs. This year he didn't, but I would be honestly shocked if he had another bad playoffs next year. There's nothing to suggest that he'll have another bad playoff performance.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
based on the contracts given out the past two days Krejci is going to get part ownership in some team- he's looking at 8 M for probably 6 or 7 years....Chiarelli probably can get him for $7 for 6 with the Chiarelli pre nup NMC and the promise no buyout, waivers, or ask to be a good sport and go in a trade

The strength of this team is the centers right now, have to keep DK although with Soderberg coming up you may have 13.5 in Bergeron and Krejci and this guy if he scores 20 next year could be looking at over $5 M himself.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
based on the contracts given out the past two days Krejci is going to get part ownership in some team- he's looking at 8 M for probably 6 or 7 years....Chiarelli probably can get him for $7 for 6 with the Chiarelli pre nup NMC and the promise no buyout, waivers, or ask to be a good sport and go in a trade

The strength of this team is the centers right now, have to keep DK although with Soderberg coming up you may have 13.5 in Bergeron and Krejci and this guy if he scores 20 next year could be looking at over $5 M himself.

As good as Krejci is, he shouldn't make more than Bergeron.

David Krejci*

As good as Krejci is, he shouldn't make more than Bergeron.

You can't look at it like that, or else you'll never sign anyone. There will be 3 years difference from when Krejci and Bergeron signed their deals. Cap increases, inflation, guys get paid more later on down the line. I don't know why people keep bringing this up, it's a simple concept.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Felger just laughing at Danny Picard for saying Krejci needs to be resigned and is one of the best centers in the world. Going with Danny here

David Krejci*

Felger just laughing at Danny Picard for saying Krejci needs to be resigned and is one of the best centers in the world. Going with Danny here

Yeah I saw that. I agree with Danny too.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Capgeek says that #46 earn 5.25 per this year. He Will command a raise between 6-7 per. Not sure the Bruins want to go at 6.5-7 per for #46. Chiarelli already said that tough decisions are ahead. Bruins might elect to re-sign Lucic (for his unique skillset and who will ask for 6.5 minimum) and trade Krejci during the upcoming season. But for that to happend, they need to know about Spooner ASAP. Do Spooner is a legitimtate #2-3 centerman or just a 4th line plug? Chiarelli always talked about his depth at D but there's nothing special here. Good players NHL players but not the kind of player who can gradually replace Chara. Krejci might land you that young D impact D-man.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Capgeek says that #46 earn 5.25 per this year. He Will command a raise between 6-7 per. Not sure the Bruins want to go at 6.5-7 per for #46. Chiarelli already said that tough decisions are ahead. Bruins might elect to re-sign Lucic (for his unique skillset and who will ask for 6.5 minimum) and trade Krejci during the upcoming season. But for that to happend, they need to know about Spooner ASAP. Do Spooner is a legitimtate #2-3 centerman or just a 4th line plug? Chiarelli always talked about his depth at D but there's nothing special here. Good players NHL players but not the kind of player who can gradually replace Chara. Krejci might land you that young D impact D-man.

Who was it in the trade Marchand thread.. BrainofJ I think... "First theres an article, then Chia makes a statement then you're outback - pool side drinking a bud and BAM he's gone."

lol. Something like that.

Honestly though; Soderberg started to look like he was emerging as a #1C late last season... Wasn't he like Point-per-game or almost that in the 2nd half of the season last year? Maybe not but I do remember him having a way better 2nd half to the season then the 1st.

I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone moved out of our top 6 other then Bergy/Looch.

Kaoz*

Danny Briere, world class, elite NHL player.

Lookie at me, I can be passive aggressive and bring little to the table too.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Who was it in the trade Marchand thread.. BrainofJ I think... "First theres an article, then Chia makes a statement then you're outback - pool side drinking a bud and BAM he's gone."

lol. Something like that.

Honestly though; Soderberg started to look like he was emerging as a #1C late last season... Wasn't he like Point-per-game or almost that in the 2nd half of the season last year? Maybe not but I do remember him having a way better 2nd half to the season then the 1st.

I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone moved out of our top 6 other then Bergy/Looch.

To me, Soderberg emergeg when he started to play at his natural position. The same privilege should be allow to Spooner. That's why i don't understand why Soupy is still around. Our 4th line need more speed and more skills. We can't continue to watch our 4th line chasing the puck as they were in the playoffs. As for the top 6, i agree with your sentiment. Outside Bergeron and Lucic, eveything is on the table...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad