Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Your not getting granlund or coyle for krejci. I'll counter with a 2015 3rd + 2016 3rd and 4th rd pick for Boychuck....

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
It would hurt to loose DK, no doubt about it... That being said, any move that could help the team on
the ice and with the cap has got to be considered. Has anyone forgot - almost a year ago to this day,
the future of the franchise, T Seguin was traded for both of these reasons...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Krejci is traded. The guy is due a big raise next year and it's a
position of strength on this team.

Hypothetically, if Krejci's dealt for say a guy like Kane, does this really weaken our team?

Lucic - Soderberg - Kane
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Kelly - Spooner - Eriksson
Pie - Soup - Baby B

You have a huge first unit that can kill teams physically and on the scoreboard, you keep the second
unit in place and you have 2 very responsible players protecting Spooner...

It also solves many of our cap issues, as Kane has an identical cap hit as DK, but it doesn't expire
until 2018...

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I have been saying this since the end of the season. I LOVE David Krejci, but to me, it's time to sell high and continue to move forward. Isn't this how the farm system works? Ideally, you draft younger, cheaper, players with high upside in order to replace your older, more expensive players? Not saying Krejci isn't still a stud, but unless you have two teams lining up to swap wing prospects for center prospects, I think this is a viable option.

KraziJoe

Nov 3, 2006
Sell Eriksson. We need to speed up and he is slower than molasses uphill in winter.

Kaoz*

The way this team is built Bergeron is our number 1 centre. This has been apparent whenever he gets decent wingers to work with.

And at some point you have to show some faith in the kids you drafted, especially after they dominate the A. Krejci is a lot of folks binky but no where near as irreplaceable as they want to make it seem. There are plenty of guys out there who given the opportunity Krejci has can drop it back to the point to pick up 60 points.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The way this team is built Bergeron is our number 1 centre. This has been apparent whenever he gets decent wingers to work with.

And at some point you have to show some faith in the kids you drafted, especially after they dominate the A. Krejci is a lot of folks binky but no where near as irreplaceable as they want to make it seem. There are plenty of guys out there who given the opportunity Krejci has can drop it back to the point to pick up 60 points.

Chia said he was going to sign him Kaoz. 7 more years!!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Neither Spooner or Soderberg are anywhere near good enough or have proven anything enough to even think about replacing Krejci. Also you won't need 6 million dollars in cap space at the deadline to trade for a wing. Bobby Ryan will be the best wing available at the deadline, and salaries are pro rated, plus you can get Ottawa to retain salary because it's only for the rest of the year anyway.

Would trading Krejci give us cap flexibility? Yes. It would also eliminate any chance we had at a Stanley Cup this year, next year, and until we find a new #1 center, which don't exactly grow on trees. Just ask Toronto.

Priority #1 is to sign David Krejci before he hits Free Agency. He'd get 8 million on the open market, and he'd be worth itwith the cap going up in the coming few years. Try to sign him long term for 6.5-7m before it comes to that.

Also, if Spooner wants to play here, he has to learn how to play wing. Look at the teams who have won the Stanley Cup in recent history. None of them have centers who are small, soft, and shy away from physicality. Krejci isn't the biggest guy, but he's a very physical player and tough and not afraid to engage. You can get away with playing a soft game at wing, but not at center, and especially not as a 3rd line center. Not if you want to win a Cup.

Just Curious: How do you know that Bobby Ryan will be available. That's a big assumption (if it is an assumption). Do you know something that I/we don't?:huh:

Jeff from Maine

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He drives me insane with his disappearing act at times, but I would not move DK.

I'd flip Spooner.

They're already weaker at the wing.
I don't feel that they can afford to get weaker at center.

The window to win is still now and Krejci is a huge part of that.

Having said that, well though out post. It makes sense from a logic standpoint.

Bingo.

That's what I's do.

Go to Edmonton...after Ted Nugent-Hopkins, they have crap at center. They have to hope their 1st rd. pick from this draft earns a spot on the team.

They have some decent depth on the wings.

I'd give Spooner for Nail Yakupov a shot.

Later

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
What the hell has Ryan Spooner ever accomplished that the Bruins should trade David Krejci away so he [Spooner] can have the #1 center spot? I mean, really....:help:

member 96824

What the hell has Ryan Spooner ever accomplished that the Bruins should trade David Krejci away so he [Spooner] can have the #1 center spot? I mean, really....:help:

Every player starts unaccomplished at the NHL level.

Even Krejci himself.

...however, Spooner's accomplishments at the AHL level are impressive, including a very impressive playoff run(15 pts in 12 games)

Spooner wouldn't have the #1 spot, he'd have the #3. Bergeron would slide up to #1, Soderberg up to #2 in this hypothetical move.

If you could deal Krejci for a high end right wing or defender on an ELC, it's definitely a move I wouldn't rule out...however, the OP offers no names, and in there is where the issue lies. I'd still move Krejci for Ekblad though and then turn around and move Boychuk+ for a wing to fill Iginla's spot...but that's probably not realistic now that Ekblad is picked and done with and not just a draft pick on paper.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Which David Krejci are we talking about trading here?

I'd move him to Toronto for just about any return... hell, I'd even trade him for Zeke at this point. :naughty:

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Every player starts unaccomplished at the NHL level.

Even Krejci himself.

...however, Spooner's accomplishments at the AHL level are impressive, including a very impressive playoff run(15 pts in 12 games)

Spooner wouldn't have the #1 spot, he'd have the #3. Bergeron would slide up to #1, Soderberg up to #2 in this hypothetical move.

If you could deal Krejci for a high end right wing or defender on an ELC, it's definitely a move I wouldn't rule out...however, the OP offers no names, and in there is where the issue lies. I'd still move Krejci for Ekblad though and then turn around and move Boychuk+ for a wing to fill Iginla's spot...but that's probably not realistic now that Ekblad is picked and done with and not just a draft pick on paper.

Especially if they had the initial conversations regarding extensions. Are these guys realistic about staying in Boston, or are they looking at yesterday the way my dog looks at cheese sticks.

Krejci+ for Ekblad
Boychuk/Camara for Calgary's 1st (McDavid lotto ticket)
Kelly for Mark Stone

And then based on tier two free agents mentioned the last couple days

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Lucic-Soderberg-Vrbata
Kulemin-Spooner-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Florek/Fraser/Knight/Stone

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Ekblad
Krug-Miller
McQuaid

Of course the odds of this happening are equal to the USMNT's odds of winning the 2014 as of today. Tweaks are for jerks!

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
If we are trading Krejci we might as well trade Chara and Seidenberg as well. There is no chance at winning the cup in the next few season without Krejci.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
The thing that makes Krejci tradeable is that he isn't a top penalty killer unless someone is injured you don't see him on the PK that much. Other top centers in the league are used on the PK injury or not.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
If we are trading Krejci we might as well trade Chara and Seidenberg as well. There is no chance at winning the cup in the next few season without Krejci.

Trading Krejci and Seidenberg are not analogous to trading Chara. A #1, Norris candidate defenseman is a rare and extremely difficult position to replace.

Krejci is a very good player, but we'd theoretically be replacing his spot from a position of strength, and using the assets and cap space to improve other areas.

Seidenberg is a 2/3 defenseman who is 33 years old coming off an ACL tear.

Ideally you aren't replacing any of them. We're not in an ideal situtation this offseason.

member 96824

There are a few teams that have won cups without David Krejci...

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
There are a few teams that have won cups without David Krejci...

Remind me what happened when Krejci got injured against Philly. Remind me who led the playoff in scoring on the way to winning the Stanley Cup. Remind me who again led the playoff in scoring while making it to the Stanley Cup Finals again. Take a look at the list of players that have led the Stanley Cup Playoff in scoring twice, it is a very inclusive club and Krejci is in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad