Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

David Krejci*

Do we sign him to a big contract if he has another disappearing act next post-season?
I would honestly be shocked if that happens. Every year that he's been healthy, he's been great in the playoffs.

09 - Wheeler Krejci Ryder was great
10 - was great, then got knocked out and was the biggest reason the Philly series got turned upside down
11 - Cup, lead NHL in scoring in playoffs
12 - Pane of glass dropped on his head after Kelly's OT winner in Game 1. Played that series concussed, wasn't himself.
13 - Got to Cup Final, lead NHL in scoring in playoffs again
14 - uncharacteristically disappears

But even if he did disappear in the playoffs again, I still think you do everything you can to sign him, unless Soderberg absolutely explodes in the playoffs, then it's a question, but even still, I'd go with Krejci.

But my prerogative is to sign him during the season. You know who he is, you know what he's capable of. Do yourself a favor and lock him up early, don't even let it get to the playoffs.

Though if you did let it get to the playoffs, and he disappeared again, his value would be down and you could sign him for cheaper anyway.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Soderberg got bottom 6 matchups all of last year and hasn't shown that he can play a two way game in the NHL. Moving Soderberg with the expectation that he can fill Krejci's shoes is dead wrong. They aren't the same player now and probably not next year.

Did you miss this years playoffs Soderberg was a beast and arguably the Bruins best forward.

After this yrs outrageous contracts Krejci will be looking at 7 mil plus on the open market, so to prevent a little damage control PC should see if there's a deal out that makes since and jump on it.

The Bruins strength is down the middle and you can't let any sentimentality you have for Krejci influence your judgement.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The bruins have just over 5 mill to sign 3-4 first team players for this coming season. Kelly, Mcquaid and possibly boychuk should be moved. As for next season we shouldn't have a cap issue so re signing krejci, soderberg and hamilton will be top priority. No way we trade krejci.

"... we've got important guys we have to sign, whether it's David Krejci, whether it's the two young kids Reilly [Smith] and Torey [Krug]..."

Krejci is part of the core. He's not going anywhere.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=30412

Last edited by a moderator:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
This.

You can always make a deal at the dealine to bring in a scoring winger on an expiring contract at the deadline.

Just because the wings look a little thin on paper, doesn't mean all is lost.

It's a crazy board. Not dubbed LFer's for nothing. :)

Don't know if the post survived as I may have hit the wrong button, but am glad the B's moved on from Jarome.

Instead of bringing back the same group, more or less, management will be assessing all four forward lines (save second, Marchie stays), and the D core. I'm kind of excited about this, because it means pushing forward in a new direction. Let's see what the young guns in Providence can bring. Competition for jobs is a good thing, and we're going to get a good, long look at what's on tap.

Bring it on! :yo::handclap::nod:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Krejci is part of the core. He's not going anywhere.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=30412

Well, if everyone player that has value is part of the core, then we aren't going to get a dollar back for a bunch of quarters. Krejci isn't available, Marchand isn't available. We could trade Chris Kelly, but that's going to give us what? A late round pick at best? Loui Eriksson who hasn't been at all what he was hyped up to be, even pre-concussions. Selling low or looking to get another player in a similar situation.

This is what we have, and we aren't going to be adding except bottom 6 guys at this point unless we are willing to give up some value.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
All I heard today during draft coverage is how many teams are in desperate need for a 1st line or 2nd line Center....

I think DK could command a 1st round pick and an NHL ready prospect winger (THAT PLAYER) that is on a good salary (think a Reilly Smith of last year).

Spooner steps in to play 3rd line center, while Soderberg moves up.

We have $6M at the deadline to make a deal for a Bobby Ryan type player.

Think of this roster going into the playoffs:

Eriksson - Bergeron - Smith
Lucic - Soderberg - Bobby Ryan
Marchand - Spooner - THAT PLAYER
Paille - Khoko - Campbell

Chara - Hamilton
Boychuk - Seidenberg
Krug - McQuaid
Miller/Bartkowski

Rask - Svedberg

As far as that player is concerned....guys like this would fit the bill:

Gustav NyQuist (DET)
Riley Sheahan (DET)
Yakupov (EDM)
Coyle (MIN)
Niederreiter (MIN)
Craig Smith (NAS)

I am sure there are many others.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
All I heard today during draft coverage is how many teams are in desperate need for a 1st line or 2nd line Center....

I think DK could command a 1st round pick and an NHL ready prospect winger (THAT PLAYER) that is on a good salary (think a Reilly Smith of last year).

Spooner steps in to play 3rd line center, while Soderberg moves up.

We have $6M at the deadline to make a deal for a Bobby Ryan type player.

Think of this roster going into the playoffs:

Eriksson - Bergeron - Smith
Lucic - Soderberg - Bobby Ryan
Marchand - Spooner - THAT PLAYER

Chara - Hamilton
Boychuk - Seidenberg
Krug - McQuaid
Miller/Bartkowski

Rask - Svedberg

As far as that player is concerned....guys like this would fit the bill:

Gustav NyQuist (DET)
Riley Sheahan (DET)
Yakupov (EDM)
Coyle (MIN)
Niederreiter (MIN)
Craig Smith (NAS)

I am sure there are many others.

I understand where you're going. Thought a/b it a lot coming into today, too. Personally I think Soda has it. Shown all the potential in the world. But, it doesn't matter what I think. Whether we agree or not, they're still trying to win now, and you'd be taking a huge risk on Soda and Spoons delivering. While you're trading a guy who has.

However, I do start feeling his agent out now as far as signing an extension and being a FA. If he starts talking 8mil, I tap Cam on the shoulder who drives his jaw up into his ear canals, then show him Bergy's contract. Further, remind him there's people in wheelchairs who skate faster, and if they're going to continue to contend, other good players have to get paid, too. Larger cap, market or not.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Wonder if Minnesota would take:

Krejci / Kelly / McQuaid

FOR

Coyle, 1st round pick, Prospect

We would start the season with this lineup at F:

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Lucic - Soderberg - Coyle
Eriksson - Spooner - Caron

THEN have $6M at the deadline to find another winger such as Bobby Ryan.

Marchand - Bergeron - Bobby Ryan
Eriksson - Spooner - Smith

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Win now mode. Krejci will probably be re-signed before the end of next season to a Bergy like contract.

Our most valuable moving piece is Boychuk. We wouldn't have enough cap to sign him anyway by the look of the contracts that were signed today. Orpik 5.5 mill...woah.

I'd do Boychuk for Coyle.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I could not disagree more.

Krejci is the type of player who IMHO will be solid throughout the remainder of his career, some ups and downs for sure but I doubt he is going to decline to the point of being roster fodder. He isn't flashy but his hockey IQ is massive.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Win now mode. Krejci will probably be re-signed before the end of next season to a Bergy like contract.

Our most valuable moving piece is Boychuk. We wouldn't have enough cap to sign him anyway by the look of the contracts that were signed today. Orpik 5.5 mill...woah.

I'd do Boychuk for Coyle.

I'd be down for that, but losing Boychuk hurts more than losing a forward. Our top 4 is pretty solid now, but moving any of those and we have what we had in the playoffs last season. McQuaid, Krug, Miller, or Bartkowski are not top 4 material right now (or possibly ever).

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I could not disagree more.

Krejci is the type of player who IMHO will be solid throughout the remainder of his career, some ups and downs for sure but I doubt he is going to decline to the point of being roster fodder. He isn't flashy but his hockey IQ is massive.

How much would you be willing to pay for that? Honestly, if it's likely he'll get anything over 7, I would explore options.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm a huge fan of Soderberg on this team. One of the guys I'm most looking forward to see how he develops next year. But it is way, way too early to assume he can take over a top line center role in my opinion.

And giving the kids their first real taste the of the NHL by throwing them against other teams top lines/ top pairing defense sounds like an absolute ****ing disaster.

I also like the idea of Krejci coming off an embarrassing playoff performance and playing during a contract year. I think he plays like he's got something to prove and steps it up big next year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This place is out of control.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

The idea of having Ryan Spooner taking over the #1 Center spot from Krejci is beyond laughable.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Would we rather have:

1) Spooner take over for Krecji

or

2) Lose 1 of Marchand or Eriksson and have Spooner play another year in the AHL

These are essentially our options. One of the above is going to happen.

Ryan Spooner taking over for Krejci is beyond laughable.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Sodaberg hasn't proven he can be effective as a number 1 or 2 center. I'm not saying he can't but until he faces tougher defensive matchups game in game out it'll be just speculation. If he's put into the situation due to an injury to Krejci or Bergeron and plays well then we can revisit the "trade Krejci" idea.

I think Krejci's disappearing these past playoffs was as much about the line's cycling style of play as much as it was about just Krejci. Everything was just so predictable and easy to defend. I'm not blaming Iggy but the line needs a different element, quicker and more creative.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Would we rather have:

or

I prefer Spooner be traded for a much needed Right Winger with a right handed shot.

We don't need to lose Marchand or Loui.

Spooner taking over for David Krejci is hilarious.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
We need to free up about $7M to sign Krug, Smith and 2 wingers. How do we not lose Marchand or Loui? And how in the world do we trade a non-roster player (Spooner) for a much needed right winger that has a league min salary???

I prefer Spooner be traded for a much needed Right Winger with a right handed shot.

We don't need to lose Marchand or Loui.

Spooner taking over for David Krejci is hilarious.

David Krejci*

And why would we pay $7M for Krejci when we could have Spooner and Soderberg instead plus a winger.

Because Krejci is worth $7m and better than Soderberg and Spooner and you can find good wingers a hell of a lot easier than you can find good top line centers.

Would we rather have:

or

Option 2 is a million times better. I've been on the trade Marchand train for a while. He has done nothing but hurt you in the playoffs the last 3 years, other than a nice ECF vs the Penguins. Package him with Spooner/Khoklachev/Subban and get a real winger.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Wonder if Minnesota would take:

Krejci / Kelly / McQuaid

FOR

Coyle, 1st round pick, Prospect

We would start the season with this lineup at F:

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Eriksson - Spooner - Caron

THEN have $6M at the deadline to find another winger such as Bobby Ryan.

Marchand - Bergeron - Bobby Ryan
Eriksson - Spooner - Smith

No. Minnesota needs none of those pieces offered.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

The idea of having Ryan Spooner taking over the #1 Center spot from Krejci is beyond laughable.

I disagree. Well, to a degree.

I think the thought of trading Krejci, considering the cap problem and having a top prospect like Spooner ready is fair.

It would take some giant ball bearings from Chia to go down this road. Making a major MAJOR change, and really counting on young people all over.

I couldn't do it or advise it. Krejci has been a playoff all-star and I expect him to return to that form.

That being said, I think Bergeron could be our 1C, followed by Soderberg and Spooner.

Krejci would have to fetch quite the return. I'd listen, but would need to have a grand slam return to put my GM life on the line by moving Krejci.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
You dont get into cap trouble when your best players make a lot of money, you get into trouble when you bottom end guys do. At least thats the bruins problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad