Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinfan5470

Feb 3, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
good god I would love that but obviously Philly has no reason to do such a thing.

Giroux is one of my top 5 favorite non-Bruins in the NHL.

Are you sure about that? If so, it might not be after this news.

Claude Giroux was released from jail Wednesday morning.
Giroux reportedly spent the night in a cell. According to the Ottawa Sun's sources, the police were on a routine patrol at a bar called The Great Canadian Cabin when Giroux grabbed a male officer's buttocks. He was asked not to do that again, but he did so anyways and was subsequently arrested. That being said, the Ottawa Police can't comment on an incident were charges aren't made and they previously stated that they don't expect any charges to be filed against Giroux.
Source: Ottawa Sun
Jul 2 - 2:55 PM

member 96824

Are you sure about that? If so, it might not be after this news.

Claude Giroux was released from jail Wednesday morning.
Giroux reportedly spent the night in a cell. According to the Ottawa Sun's sources, the police were on a routine patrol at a bar called The Great Canadian Cabin when Giroux grabbed a male officer's buttocks. He was asked not to do that again, but he did so anyways and was subsequently arrested. That being said, the Ottawa Police can't comment on an incident were charges aren't made and they previously stated that they don't expect any charges to be filed against Giroux.
Source: Ottawa Sun
Jul 2 - 2:55 PM

You're right, I totally hate him as a hockey player now.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Remind me what happened when Krejci got injured against Philly. Remind me who led the playoff in scoring on the way to winning the Stanley Cup. Remind me who again led the playoff in scoring while making it to the Stanley Cup Finals again. Take a look at the list of players that have led the Stanley Cup Playoff in scoring twice, it is a very inclusive club and Krejci is in it.

Krejci could lead the playoffs in scoring every year and Bruin's fans would still want him traded. Its nothing more than a personal vendetta IMO. Chiarelli does not think that way and Krejci will be here for a long time.

member 96824

Remind me what happened when Krejci got injured against Philly. Remind me who led the playoff in scoring on the way to winning the Stanley Cup. Remind me who again led the playoff in scoring while making it to the Stanley Cup Finals again. Take a look at the list of players that have led the Stanley Cup Playoff in scoring twice, it is a very inclusive club and Krejci is in it.

How many forwards play that many games? Also a very small list.

Remind me who was on the team that lost to Carolina? Remind me who lost to Washington? Montreal? Etc. Etc.

I can play that game too. Krejci is not the best player in the game, therefore, it is possible to deal him and still win a cup. Unfathomable? Hardly.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003

Remind me who was on the team that lost to Carolina? Remind me who lost to Washington? Montreal? Etc. Etc.

I can play that game too. Krejci is not the best player in the game, therefore, it is possible to deal him and still win a cup. Unfathomable? Hardly.

Not sure I see how it makes us better in the 3 years we still have Chara however.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012

We are talking about the Bruins their prospects and their core. It is possible Crosby will decide he must be a Bruin and demand a trade to the Bruins but it is not going to happen. If there was someone in the Bruins system capable of replacing Krejci then we could do it but there is not anyone capable of replacing what Krejci brings at the moment.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Not sure I see how it makes us better in the 3 years we still have Chara however.

Well at this point it's all hypothetical, but we aren't trading Krejci for scraps. If Krejci were traded, he would be traded for an impact player in a different position. The idea that we would trade Krejci for a late 1st and a mid-range prospect is unlikely; but anyone screaming that losing Krejci = losing any chances for the cup has to remember Krejci is a very valuable piece, and the only reason we are having this debate is that there is depth and our other centers shift up, while making our winger depth stronger. Krejci is valuable, and we'd get a player of value back.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Krejci could lead the playoffs in scoring every year and Bruin's fans would still want him traded. Its nothing more than a personal vendetta IMO. Chiarelli does not think that way and Krejci will be here for a long time.

Personal vendetta? Not sure where that came from. Every player can be traded. Espo, Bourque, Oats, Seguin, heck Wayne ****ing Gretzky was traded a few times...

Do people forget that the year we won Cup, DK was our 3rd line center? Due to an injury, he was asked to step up (and he did)... Things like that happen all the time.

Look at it this way. If DK should (God forbid) suffer a season ending injury the first week of the season, that would obviously hurt, but I think the Bruins are better equipped to handle that than loosing a winger. You can move Soda to DK's spot and plug Spooner onto the 3rd. You might loose some production, but I can't imagine it would be that much. If we loose a Looch or Marchy, who picks up their scoring slack?

If management could flip DK for a legit 1st line right wing, I'm not saying that they'd do it, but I'm pretty sure they would think long and hard about it...

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Check out the playoff leading scorers the last 30 years or so. There are no names on this list that were not elite players in the NHL. However some of these "Bruin Fans" still go out of there way to discredit Krejci's accomplishments. For shame, Krejci is still in his prime and has a lot good hockey left!!!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=25427

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Mike Babcock on Bergeron and Krejci calling them world class, what does he know? He only has 2 gold medals and a Stanley cup. Ho Hum.

“When I look at Pavel (Datsyuk), he’s playing against (David) Krejci and (Patrice) Bergeron, two world-class players,” Babcock said. “We all know the situation with (Datsyuk), he’s doing what he can … as healthy as he can, but we need more from everybody.”

David Krejci*

It would hurt to loose DK, no doubt about it... That being said, any move that could help the team on
the ice and with the cap has got to be considered. Has anyone forgot - almost a year ago to this day,
the future of the franchise, T Seguin was traded for both of these reasons...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Krejci is traded. The guy is due a big raise next year and it's a
position of strength on this team.

Hypothetically, if Krejci's dealt for say a guy like Kane, does this really weaken our team?

Lucic - Soderberg - Kane
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Kelly - Spooner - Eriksson
Pie - Soup - Baby B

You have a huge first unit that can kill teams physically and on the scoreboard, you keep the second
unit in place and you have 2 very responsible players protecting Spooner...

It also solves many of our cap issues, as Kane has an identical cap hit as DK, but it doesn't expire
until 2018...
Unless the Kane you're talking about is Patrick Kane, then **** no.

As for Seguin, the reason he was moved was because they didn't see him as a playoff performer. Maybe the off ice stuff has some truth to it, it's probably overblown but there may be a small element to that. The bottom line is, if Seguin performed in the playoffs like he was supposed to, he wouldn't have been traded. They didn't trade him for cap reasons. You comparing him, to Krejci who has lead the NHL playoffs in scoring twice, and proven himself to be the straw that stirs the drink for the Bruin offense, especially in the playoffs, is so off base that I can't even come up with a good enough analogy to convey it.

Just Curious: How do you know that Bobby Ryan will be available. That's a big assumption (if it is an assumption). Do you know something that I/we don't?:huh:

Because he's UFA after this season and Ottawa looks like they're going to be one of the worst teams in the league, maybe?

Bingo. Nothing you trade Krejci for will be worth what you're losing. Spooner and Soderberg have proven absolutely nothing in terms of showing that they could fill a void of losing someone like Krejci.

Cliffs:

This thread sucks.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Time to move Krejci, Marchand should be moved, Chara has declined so much we should move him too...my gawd how I can`t wait til the season begins so we can discuss, argue, disagree and hit ignore rather than all this summer junk goin on here

not that I wasn`t or am still not in the mindset that I would entertain offers for Marchand but the truth is, the return would be highly unlikely fair value

Kaoz*

Chia said he was going to sign him Kaoz. 7 more years!!

I wouldn't be surprised honestly, Chia often has unhealthy infatuations with certain players and I believe Krejci is one of them, and at times it's to the detriment of the team.

No doubt give him a full NTC or NMC as well,

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I wouldn't be surprised honestly, Chia often has unhealthy infatuations with certain players and I believe Krejci is one of them, and at times it's to the detriment of the team.

No doubt give him a full NTC or NMC as well,

while we do disagree on this, I did find your Shawn Thornton/enforcer posts to be the best of the bunch.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
Trading Bergy or DK would make the Seguin trade go from bad to horrific.

I was about to take a deep breath and do the full break down of that trade (Loui is going to replace Iginla's point production? :shakehead), but then I realized, it's summertime, and there's always next year! :yo:

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Unless the Kane you're talking about is Patrick Kane, then **** no.

As for Seguin, the reason he was moved was because they didn't see him as a playoff performer. Maybe the off ice stuff has some truth to it, it's probably overblown but there may be a small element to that. The bottom line is, if Seguin performed in the playoffs like he was supposed to, he wouldn't have been traded. They didn't trade him for cap reasons. You comparing him, to Krejci who has lead the NHL playoffs in scoring twice, and proven himself to be the straw that stirs the drink for the Bruin offense, especially in the playoffs, is so off base that I can't even come up with a good enough analogy to convey it.

Honestly... The people in here who say DK is untouchable... There is no such thing as untouchable. If a trade can make your team stronger, you do it, doesn't matter who the player is.

I laugh at the "Seguin was traded because he didn't perform in the playoffs". Seguin was traded because our GM thought he could strengthen the team - nothing more.

Comparing Seguin / Krecji is so off base you can't even come up with a good analogy? Really? The same Krejci who was terrible these past playoffs (and he said as much himself). The same Seguin who in his first full year as a center has out pointed DK's best years ever? The same Seguin who as a sophomore made the all star team and led the Bruins is scoring? Yeah, God forbid I compare the two of them...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad