Time to get rid of Wellwood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
and is not a rookie, and is 30 and has played in the nhl for 10 years

I expect a whole lot more out of smellwood then I do with scheifele at this stage of their careers

this is starting to get pretty juvenile. I guess it's a kids game, but you're acting like you're 3.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't think it is necessary to call a player a derogatory name. If we are having fun with something that is one thing but to do it in a mean spirited or a way that is meant to annoy fellow posters is borderline trolling.

Wellwood will be what he is every year. A small guy with very good hands that will have periods where he is hot and everyone loves him, and times where he will disappear and... ah, there will be threads like this :)

The Jets knew exactly what they were getting when they signed Wellwood. I think he may have focused on weight training in the off season. He seems like his strength is better but it looks like his stamina is less. I think he will improve his endurance as we go along and I expect him to get hot at one point and be a big part of a playoff push.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I don't think it is necessary to call a player a derogatory name. If we are having fun with something that is one thing but to do it in a mean spirited or a way that is meant to annoy fellow posters is borderline trolling.

Wellwood will be what he is every year. A small guy with very good hands that will have periods where he is hot and everyone loves him, and times where he will disappear and... ah, there will be threads like this :)

The Jets knew exactly what they were getting when they signed Wellwood. I think he may have focused on weight training in the off season. He seems like his strength is better but it looks like his stamina is less. I think he will improve his endurance as we go along and I expect him to get hot at one point and be a big part of a playoff push.

Seeing Wellwood being interviewed after a recent game he looked puny, he was wearing a t-shirt and his shoulders were no wider than his head, I would venture to guess the guy weighs no more than 170, that being said he is a smart crafty player but lacks the speed to still be effective in the NHL on any kind of regular basis. He makes a good 13th forward a notch above Stapleton.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Seeing Wellwood being interviewed after a recent game he looked puny, he was wearing a t-shirt and his shoulders were no wider than his head, I would venture to guess the guy weighs no more than 170, that being said he is a smart crafty player but lacks the speed to still be effective in the NHL on any kind of regular basis. He makes a good 13th forward a notch above Stapleton.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a monster. I just heard that he spent the offseason more committed to fitness. Since Noel says he looks tired I have to assume he wasn't working on cardio/ aerobic/ anaerobic exercise. He must have been weight training to take the punishment more and not get worn down along the boards as much. I noticed he isn't getting knocked over quite as much as he did last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad