Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What’s strange about it? The strange post is the OP only comparing their most recent season. Stutzles career year (up to this point) and Matthews worst season in record.

That’s the strange post.

If you’re inferring that Stutzle is about to become the second best player in the NHL, win consecutive rockets and a hart trophy like Matthews did at this point in his career that Stutzle is entering into, then I’d say your post is the strange one.

That isn’t what you’re inferring, is it? I think everyone already knows what Matthews accomplished between his 21 year old season and last year. Unless you need to be refreshed?
Matthew’s hadn’t won any of those things at the same point in careers, or for the upcoming season.
Actually Stutzle 20/21 age season was better than Matthew’s 21 year old season.

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Actually Stutzle 20/21 age season was better than Matthew’s 21 year old season.
I fail to see your point.

Matthews was better this far into his career, and the chances that Stutzle rises to what matthews has become in his future is slim.

What’s your point here, exactly?

Not really. Using the most recent sample isn't outlandish or out there.

Yes it is

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Auston Matthews: 481GP, 299G, 243A, 542P

Vs

Tim Stutzle: 210GP, 73G, 104A, 177P

Matthews easy

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I’ll take the better player. When you have to add ‘contracts included’, the square peg you’re trying to shove into a round hole, is still a square peg.

Unlike smaller and less desirable teams/ cities (like Edmonton), the leafs get to offset his cap hit by having depth players actually wanting to play in their city and taking discounts and ‘prove it’ contracts to do that and fill out depth positions. For this reason, the leafs have been able to put up 110+ point seasons without having to play their stars for 28 minutes a night and full 2 minute powerplays because behind them, their depth is trash.
What about Stutzle and whoever else a team can acquire for the leftover 5 million? That right there bridges the gap considerably between AM and Stutzle

Reactions: PainForShane

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I fail to see your point.

Matthews was better this far into his career, and the chances that Stutzle rises to what matthews has become in his future is slim.

What’s your point here, exactly?

Yes it is
I spelled it out for you, just being obtuse?
You said

win consecutive rockets and a hart trophy like Matthews did at this point in his career that Stutzle is entering into

Which was false, said none of that happened at Stutzle current age or upcoming season.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I spelled it out for you, just being obtuse?
You said

win consecutive rockets and a hart trophy like Matthews did at this point in his career that Stutzle is entering into

Which was false, said none of that happened at Stutzle current age or upcoming season.

“….at this point in his career that Stutzle is entering into.”

Read.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I’ll take the better player. When you have to add ‘contracts included’, the square peg you’re trying to shove into a round hole, is still a square peg.

Unlike smaller and less desirable teams/ cities (like Edmonton), the leafs get to offset his cap hit by having depth players actually wanting to play in their city and taking discounts and ‘prove it’ contracts to do that and fill out depth positions. For this reason, the leafs have been able to put up 110+ point seasons without having to play their stars for 28 minutes a night and full 2 minute powerplays because behind them, their depth is trash.
what does that have to do with the poll?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
what does that have to do with the poll?
I think he’s trying to argue that cap hit doesn’t matter to Toronto because everyone wants to play there and will sign on the cheap for the privilege. Which is kind of a weird flex given that their players have some of the highest cap hits in the league.

Reactions: norrisnick

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I think he’s trying to argue that cap hit doesn’t matter to Toronto because everyone wants to play there and will sign on the cheap for the privilege. Which is kind of a weird flex given that their players have some of the highest cap hits in the league.
does Matthews regularly play with said cheap depth players?

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
sorry but cap hit be dammed, I want the BEST player and thats Matthews, not only will he out point Tim, he is better defensively and a center. Hell when Tim does take draws he went 41% lol

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If you prorate Stutzle’s performance to 481GP he’d have 167G, 238A and 405P. Pretty substantial difference
Definitely makes sense to prorate stats of a guy who has played the majority of his career as a teenager vs a guy who is 26 years old.

Stutzle had a more productive D+3 season despite being 4 months younger and playing on a worse team. And he actually led his team in scoring, while Matthews was 3rd on his team in scoring.

Reactions: PainForShane

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Definitely makes sense to prorate stats of a guy who has played the majority of his career as a teenager vs a guy who is 26 years old.

Stutzle had a more productive D+3 season despite being 4 months younger and playing on a worse team. And he actually led his team in scoring, while Matthews was 3rd on his team in scoring.
And Matthews was playing injured most of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad