Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I did see that but It doesn't make a difference to me.

Cap hit doesn't make one player better than another, I also don't think 1 year of Stuzle putting up only slightly better offensive totals than Matthews makes him the better player.

Not when Matthews crushed him offensively the previous 2 years,

and continues to crush him defensively considering he's already been top 10 in Selke voting, and now that he's on the PK I expect that to improve.

1 year of slightly better offensive totals isn't enough

You're such a homer. lol

I get picking Matthews, but to suggest you can't fathom why someone would pick Stutzle is such a homer take. Especially when the majority of neutral fans are picking him. Some Leafs fans are just so out to lunch it's quite amusing.

Last edited:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
The majority of neutral fans aren't neutral
If you are on this site you have some form of outside perspective other than stats and analytics/eye test/ideology for pretty much every single player.

I literally have no interest in the Coyotes but me liking Cooley will cloud my judgement in a discussion about Mullet Arena, despite me being a “neutral fan”.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I wouldn't take any of those guys and Stutzle over Matthews... there are definitely some players, Tuch comes to mind immediately, but not those ones. There are only a few.

How many elite 1C are there?
Including or excluding Stutzle?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
no because stutzle has almost no chance of ever being as good as peak matthews and im sure matthews hasn't peaked yet

There's also a chance Matthews has already peaked.
Crosby's point peak was at age 19
Mario at age 22
Wayne at 25
Orr at 22
Kucherov at 25
Malkin at 22
Ovechkin at 22
Forsberg at 22
Jagr at 23
Yzerman 23
Matthews is 26 this season.

There's examples either way, but it's not insane to think Matthews may have already peaked in terms of point production. It's certainly not "HF loses all credibility" for disagreeing either way.

And Stutzle doesn't have to reach 24yr old Matthews level to be a better value than Matthews moving forward either way. But thats an entire other can of worms...

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
With contracts in the equation, maybe Stutzle, but that's the only way it's him afaic. This thread came up some time last year and I had some Sens fans trying to laugh me out of the building for not thinking Stutzle was/would be the better player. Matthews is literally one season removed from a Hart and 2nd Richard trophy in a row. Last year he was 20 points worse than '22 bc of injuries and still had the same ppg as Stutzle. Even if Stutzle continues to improve, it's not even remotely certain that he does anything as good as Matthews did in 2022.

It's not even remotely certain that Matthews himself does anything as good as he (Matthews) did in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad