Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Yep after rebuilding for 14 years of not making the playoffs, making it once in a 48 game season. Matthew’s was their 5th pick in the top 7 overall. Sens have a ways to go before matching the 14 years.
6 picks in the top 7 if you want to include the 2nd overall pick they traded. they did use it on an asset after all. then you have nylander at 8th overall and hamilton at 9th overall (traded) if you look at top 10 picks.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Comparing their age 19-21 seasons, Matthews destroys Stutzle.

Goals: 111 - 73 (Matthews by 38 goals)
Assists: 104 - 94 (Stutzle by 10 assists)

+\-: +18 - -48 (Matthews by a mile)

More PP goals, more game winning goals, much better defensively, just a much better player.

This poll looks like an attempt to take Stutzle’s career year and compare him to Matthews worst career season and then bash the Leafs over a contract.

There’s no question you take Matthews at $13m all day long
Why would anyone care at this point what both players did at age 19? If you’re trying to say Matthews was better than Stutzle in each of their first years I’d agree.
But that’s not the question.
And why would you assume that Stutzle just had a career year. He seems to be following a career arc shown by many young star players.
Just a really strange post.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I'd put my money on the person that's done it before before I put it on the person that hasn't even done it once.

Yep. lt's also not certain Stutzle will come close to Matthews' 2022 season.

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Probably the most truthful and factual thing you've said on this site.
Good one impatient! The best dig you’ve gotten on me on this site was expounding on a very clear joke.

Some people aren’t sensitive and can make self deprecating jokes whether true or not for a laugh. Weird concept huh? Self confidence is hard to find in some people.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yep. lt's also not certain Stutzle will come close to Matthews' 2022 season.
I think that most of us can agree that Stuztle most likely will never win the Hart or Rocket right?

I doubt that AM wins another Hart but he might still win a Rocket.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I think that most of us can agree that Stuztle most likely will never win the Hart or Rocket right?

I doubt that AM wins another Hart but he might still win a Rocket.

I personally think that's a fair, and would assume the majority would agree as well.

I also think most people voting Stutzle have Matthews ranked higher going into this season.

Stutzle is still (rightfully) winning the poll though. There's more to the question than "who's better?".

Reactions: wetcoast

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Matthew’s. He’s a 230 pound centre who puts up 50+ goals pretty much every year. He’s great defensively too. Stutzle is a very good player but he’s not in the same tier and AM.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good one impatient! The best dig you’ve gotten on me on this site was expounding on a very clear joke.

Some people aren’t sensitive and can make self deprecating jokes whether true or not for a laugh. Weird concept huh? Self confidence is hard to find in some people.

Whatever you say little guy. ;)

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Lol at some Leaf fans making playoff jokes. The funniest thing is that is all they have to say as they've accomplished little else. Talk about a low bar.

They could learn a thing or two from Panthers fans.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Why would anyone care at this point what both players did at age 19? If you’re trying to say Matthews was better than Stutzle in each of their first years I’d agree.
But that’s not the question.
And why would you assume that Stutzle just had a career year. He seems to be following a career arc shown by many young star players.
Just a really strange post.

What’s strange about it? The strange post is the OP only comparing their most recent season. Stutzles career year (up to this point) and Matthews worst season in record.

That’s the strange post.

If you’re inferring that Stutzle is about to become the second best player in the NHL, win consecutive rockets and a hart trophy like Matthews did at this point in his career that Stutzle is entering into, then I’d say your post is the strange one.

That isn’t what you’re inferring, is it? I think everyone already knows what Matthews accomplished between his 21 year old season and last year. Unless you need to be refreshed?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
What’s strange about it? The strange post is the OP only comparing their most recent season. Stutzles career year (up to this point) and Matthews worst season in record.

That’s the strange post.

If you’re inferring that Stutzle is about to become the second best player in the NHL, win consecutive rockets and a hart trophy like Matthews did at this point in his career that Stutzle is entering into, then I’d say your post is the strange one.

That isn’t what you’re inferring, is it? I think everyone already knows what Matthews accomplished between his 21 year old season and last year. Unless you need to be refreshed?

Not really. Using the most recent sample isn't outlandish or out there.

Reactions: PainForShane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad