Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Or Tarasenko or Chychurn,
And not have enough money for pinto

There's no words... Please tell me you're just trolling...

Remember the reaction from my post #782 about PPG? Good luck with that table

Some people need a bit of time. I mean, we only have been in the cap era since 2005-06. Give it more time

Seriously, when will people understand that we're talking about the inherent value of cap space here?

The fact that it could be well or badly spent doesn't change the intrinsic value of cap space. Useless induction to answer this poll

But wait, I have probably typed too many complicated words already :help:
You realize not a single person is wowing at those stats right?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Which? This one?

Since turning 21 y/o on January 15th 2023, only McDavid, MacKinnon, Draisaitl, J. Hughes, Pastrnak, Makar, M.Tkachuk, Pettersson, Panarin and Kucherov have a better PPG than Tim Stutzle... so the 11th best PPG in the entire NHL since becoming a man...

I don't know, I find it pretty "wow"

Or the table Golden_Jet posted? If you don't find it "wow", then let me tell you that you have no freaking idea about this sport

F_KVzYBXcAADMY-

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Which? This one?

Since turning 21 y/o on January 15th 2023, only McDavid, MacKinnon, Draisaitl, J. Hughes, Pastrnak, Makar, M.Tkachuk, Pettersson, Panarin and Kucherov have a better PPG than Tim Stutzle... so the 11th best PPG in the entire NHL since becoming a man...

I don't know, I find it pretty "wow"

Or the table Golden_Jet posted? If you don't find it "wow", then let me tell you that you have no freaking idea about this sport

F_KVzYBXcAADMY-
He’s a good player dude. Nobody is arguing that. A narrow sample size where you cut it off halfway through a year and some puck possession stats isn’t making anyone bow to him lol

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He’s a good player dude. Nobody is arguing that. A narrow sample size where you cut it off halfway through a year and some puck possession stats isn’t making anyone bow to him lol

What does it have to do with "bow to him" Do you bow to Matthews?

All the facts presented in my post above clearly shows that he has been ELITE since last year, which is the point. That's the same the kind of stuff you'd see from Jack Hughes, for example.

Tim Stutzle is not just "a good player dude"

Reactions: Bileur

The90

Feb 27, 2017
What does it have to do with "bow to him" Do you bow to Matthews?

All the facts presented in my post above clearly shows that he has been ELITE since last year, which is the point. That's the same the kind of stuff you'd see from Jack Hughes, for example.

Tim Stutzle is not just "a good player dude"
Is anyone saying he’s not elite? No

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Only if you don’t don’t waste that cap space on shitty depth and prevent yourself from being able to Re sign your young 3c

How many zone entries per 60 needs to be taken into account too
Oh look, he who knows more then those involved stating garbage like it's a fact still
Or Formenton and Pinto..... oh wait.

Yeah Sens really can't sign Formenton for issues related to hockey. The sens couldn't sign Pinto as been shown, stated by the league's Commissioner, but go on stating garbage as "facts"

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Oh look, he who knows more then those involved stating garbage like it's a fact still

Yeah Sens really can't sign Formenton for issues related to hockey. The sens couldn't sign Pinto as been shown, stated by the league's Commissioner, but go on stating garbage as "facts"
Well the problem lies in that Pinto’s problems with the league came after he should have been signed and after the season started. It was only then the team and league came out with it. Everyone and their dog knows this.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Well the problem lies in that Pinto’s problems with the league came after he should have been signed and after the season started. It was only then the team and league came out with it. Everyone and their dog knows this.
Weeeeeeeeee....

Because we the public found out later, that means they involved didn't know earlier. Doesn't matter that the people involved have stated they knew there was no contract to be signed, but again because the 90 didn't know, they clearly didn't know!!

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Weeeeeeeeee....

Because we the public found out later, that means they involved didn't know earlier. Doesn't matter that the people involved have stated they knew there was no contract to be signed, but again because the 90 didn't know, they clearly didn't know!!
And just because you found out later doesn’t mean the team didn’t too.

Literally nobody has stated they knew before the season. It was weeks into it that they announced and said they kept it quiet. They had their team signed since late July. You’re going to try and tell everyone they knew since late July? Come on man. Take the blinders off it’s embarrassing.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
And not have enough money for pinto

Not the point of the thread though. In a vacuum player A being as productive or more while being paid 60% less is inherently more valuable than player B in a cap league. Toronto or Ottawa's cap situation has no bearing on the question despite you constantly trying to inject that into the conversation.

I'm sure if this question involved 2 players in a similar situation that are not on your favorite team though you'd be singing a different tune.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Maybe we'll get to see those zone entries in the playoffs for once, but I doubt it.

Can’t help but think just getting to the playoffs is such a massive achievement for the leafs. Those extra 7 games mean a lot.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
My take on this thread hasn't really changed. Matthews is clearly the better player, but it's a serious question when you factor in term and dollars.

Stützle locked in with for 3 extra years Ottawa until 2031, when he's 29. Matthews locked in with TOR until 2028, when he's 30.

Let's assume Matthews gets $15M in 5 years, with the cap increases and the fact that he'd be just turning 30, I think that's realistic for a perennial top goal scorer in the NHL.

So in the next 8 years (including this one), Matthews will be paid around $109.6M, where Stützle makes $66.8M.

Whether it should or not, team playoff success will be the real X-factor here. Matthews is 6/7 making the playoffs but 1/7 winning a round. Stützle's barely got a sniff of the playoffs last year and is 0/3 making it. If Ottawa does better than Toronto any of the next 5 years, which is very possible, Stützle will be a big part of it and sens fans will point to our best $5M player and make this argument pretty a pretty simple one. And then Matthews and Toronto could do better the following year and the "answer" changes again.

I have zero issue with the people saying they take Matthews. I do however have an issue with the people saying it's Matthews by a landslide. It's definitely super close at this point and will probably teeter totter a bit over the next 5 seasons.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This thread is going to some interesting places.
The contracts included part were bound to make the interesting places thing happen though.

People put too much value in the "extra" cap space and then always use it to the perfect best case argument when for the future it's an unknown really.

I love Stutzle but AM is simply the better player right now and by enough that I'd take him.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Quarter of the season, with a lot of hockey left mind you:

Matthews: 22 GP, 16 G 9 A 25 P

Stutzle: 19 GP, 5 G 18 A 23 P

It’s a lot closer than some are willing to admit.

It's 16 goals vs 5 goals.... Assist is hardly the same as a goal, especially secondaries. I know they have different roles, which is why they probably shouldn't be compared, but there are quite a few ppg players in the league, but not many pacing for 60 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad