Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
My little tidbit stat of the day

Since turning 21 y/o on January 15th 2023, only McDavid, MacKinnon, Draisaitl, J. Hughes, Pastrnak, Makar, M.Tkachuk, Pettersson, Panarin and Kucherov have a better PPG than Tim Stutzle... so the 11th best PPG in the entire NHL since becoming a man...

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
received_356439876791877.jpeg

Stats like these aren't really my cup of tea, but I figured I'd share since it seemed relevant.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
This thread is amazing. Because a certain someone not involved in the situation didn't know, that means the people involved also didn't know. Despite the people involved saying they all knew.

Guy continues to bite down that they didn't know, while actually believing everyone else is the idiot, because HE didn't know.

The Literal definition of Dunning-kruger going on here.

No executives in the NHL would trade Matthews for Stutzle straight up given the cap hits.

This fact doesn't mean Stutzle is the better overall player. As stated, by even multiple sens fans. No cap, no matter of contracts you would take Matthews.

Reality is, that's not the world or game we play. Contracts do in fact matter. Which is why Stutzle is the correct answer here.
Sorry, when did the sens find out about Pinto? Oh, no proof, just your own assumption. Right. Different side of the same coin.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Sorry, when did the sens find out about Pinto? Oh, no proof, just your own assumption. Right. Different side of the same coin.
Yeah, Bettman full of shit. Pinto full of shit. The 90 knows . Thanks for coming out

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Can someone give me some analytics on who makes their linemates better and the elevation of their linemates when they’re on the ice?

Theoretically since we’re including cap, how about we think about linemates as well.

6m winger - Stützle - 7m winger

Is that better or not than,

4m winger - Matthews - 4.5m winger

Assume the players in the cap range are your average players in that range.

The point is, although Matthews is paid more, can we reasonably say that he elevates his team mates more making his cost per production more than just his own?

McDavid is paid 12.5m but you can create a viable first line for 17.5m so although you can find players that produce a quarter of his points for a quarter of his cost, his value exceeds that.

A player scoring 38 points at a cap hit of 3.1m isn’t equal to McDavid.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Anyways, Matthews has always been the better player, no doubt. Cap space could be anything, good or bad as proven by so many people in this incredibly serious thread.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That seems to be your opinion, which is fine
Okay, well he's outscored him last year and is doing it again this year. I think there is at least some doubt who's been better since the start of last season.
Cap space means your team isn't spending to the cap, which is objectively bad for teams trying to win.
And having an extra 5M in cap space means you can spend it to upgrade your team.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A few thoughts.

If I had a choice to pay Matthews $8.25 million per year vs the $13 million plus, I would gladly have that savings and do whatever else I could with that, good or inefficient, whatever.

Ottawa has definitely set themselves up well to have more roster flexibility with the Stutzle contract. But cap space doesn’t always translate to the best and highest use of cap space and there are instances of good and bad contracts neutralizing each other on just about every team.

Take for example, Stutzle and Tarasenko. You have a 20 point player in Stutzle and 2 forwards for the price of 1. Stutzle and Tarasenko have 7 goals between them but Matthews has 13, including a number of multiple goal nights that translated to big comeback wins which currently has Toronto ahead of Ottawa.

So in the end, Stutzle is great. More cap space is great. Matthews is also great and that’s about it.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
A few thoughts.

If I had a choice to pay Matthews $8.25 million per year vs the $13 million plus, I would gladly have that savings and do whatever else I could with that, good or inefficient, whatever.

Ottawa has definitely set themselves up well to have more roster flexibility with the Stutzle contract. But cap space doesn’t always translate to the best and highest use of cap space and there are instances of good and bad contracts neutralizing each other on just about every team.

Take for example, Stutzle and Tarasenko. You have a 20 point player in Stutzle and 2 forwards for the price of 1. Stutzle and Tarasenko have 7 goals between them but Matthews has 13, including a number of multiple goal nights that translated to big comeback wins which currently has Toronto ahead of Ottawa.

So in the end, Stutzle is great. More cap space is great. Matthews is also great and that’s about it.
Stutzle+Vlad= 33 points Matthews 19 points. Ottawa has played 2 games less

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Only if you don’t don’t waste that cap space on shitty depth and prevent yourself from being able to Re sign your young 3c

How many zone entries per 60 needs to be taken into account too
Stutzle has the zone entries per 60 trophy wrapped up this season for sure.

Reactions: leafsfan5

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Okay, well he's outscored him last year and is doing it again this year. I think there is at least some doubt who's been better since the start of last season.

And having an extra 5M in cap space means you can spend it to upgrade your team.
What he is saying is, if you use that money to spend on Klingberg and Reeves it's just useless having the space ;) if look at it that way cap space can actually make a negative impact on the team.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
What he is saying is, if you use that money to spend on Klingberg and Reeves it's just useless having the space ;) if look at it that way cap space can actually make a negative impact on the team.
Absolutely. You could alternatively spend that money on goalies like Korpisalo and Matt Murray.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Cap space means your team isn't spending to the cap, which is objectively bad for teams trying to win.

There's no words... Please tell me you're just trolling...

First in 2 categories, second in 2 categories

Remember the reaction from my post #782 about PPG? Good luck with that table

Cap space is objectively good.

Some people need a bit of time. I mean, we only have been in the cap era since 2005-06. Give it more time

Seriously, when will people understand that we're talking about the inherent value of cap space here?

The fact that it could be well or badly spent doesn't change the intrinsic value of cap space. Useless induction to answer this poll

But wait, I have probably typed too many complicated words already :help:

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
There's no words... Please tell me you're just trolling...

Remember the reaction from my post #782 about PPG? Good luck with that table

Some people need a bit of time. I mean, we only have been in the cap era since 2005-06. Give it more time

Seriously, when will people understand that we're talking about the inherent value of cap space here?

The fact that it could be well or badly spent doesn't change the intrinsic value of cap space. Useless induction to answer this poll

But wait, I have probably typed too many complicated words already :help:
Oh man, this guys is too smart for me. Smartest man in the room right here, complicated words!

Reactions: wetcoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad