Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Stützle pacing for 107 points, Matthews for 104 points.

Of course, Matthews is pacing for 71 goals, but the point composition will probably even out somewhat for both players.

More than the points, I have to say that I've found Nylander to look far scarier on the ice than Matthews. Matthews has scored a lot, true, but when he's not been scoring, he hasn't really had nearly the presence that Nylander has.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Senators were told before prior to training camp there was an investigation ongoing, and that the investigation had been ongoing for a few months.

Senators we’re told around opening night or day after, not to discuss contract anymore by the league, Pinto left town a day later.
Dorion received a lot of criticism (and as you know, I have been one of his biggest critics) but he was in a pretty hard position... he had no choice to wait and see, instead of creating cap space to sign Pinto. Maybe it saved him from trading Joseph, which would have been a big mistake as Joseph is proving to be a fantastic hockey player.

Funny enough, despite all the clowning he's getting from Leafs fans in this thread, he has a higher PPG to start the season, even if he does have far fewer goals

This and it's crazy how people underrate 5.0 M$ of cap space (or even 3.3 M$ this year), despite the league being in a massive cap crunch for a few years. It's like they assume that the only option is to waste that cap on Klingberg and Reaves

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This and it's crazy how people underrate 5.0 M$ of cap space (or even 3.3 M$ this year), despite the league being in a massive cap crunch for a few years. It's like they assume that the only option is to waste that cap on Klingberg and Reaves
Because that's precisely what they think and can't seem to get past it.

Apparently any team with $5 million in cap space is lining up to acquire Jack Campbell and only Jack Campbell.

• Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Because that's precisely what they think and can't seem to get past it.

Apparently any team with $5 million in cap space is lining up to acquire Jack Campbell and only Jack Campbell.

Leafs fans have gotten use to 'bargain bin' shopping because their top players eat up so much of the cap. It's their reality, but their mistake is believing it applies to everyone else.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's still super early, but Stutzle is again on a higher scoring pace despite only shooting at 7% vs 20% for Matthews.

I don't see much separating these two aside from their contacts and ages, both of which suggest Stutzle is the more valuable asset.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Well you got the “pace” part right for leaf fans.
thats-the-joke.gif

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The results of this poll shows the massive PRO Leafs bias and ANTI Sens bias. It should be much more than a 55-45 ratio... Stutzle has been outpacing Matthews for 90+ games and makes 3.3 less this season and 5.0 less starting next season.

Stutzle is 21 y/o as we speak, of course Matthews had an advantage when Stutzle was still a teenager

Would you rather Matthews - 312g, 561pts vs Stutzle - 76g, 194pts?

I'll take someone else then! A retired player who has more goals and points and cost 0$ on the cap!

Life is so easy!

That's my point....looking at pace and averages makes sense to me instead

You were not looking at paces and averages at all though

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's still super early, but Stutzle is again on a higher scoring pace despite only shooting at 7% vs 20% for Matthews.

I don't see much separating these two aside from their contacts and ages, both of which suggest Stutzle is the more valuable asset.

Some things a Leafs fan just told me somewhere else :

You're forgetting that Matthews is better than both Stuzle and Draisaitl....

Heck, I'm friends with Sens fans and even they admit that it would take Tkachuk+Stuzle to get the conversation going about Matthews... So your delusional a*s can stop talking rn

Matthews>>>>Stuzle

But hey, I am delusional

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Some things a Leafs fan just told me somewhere else :

You're forgetting that Matthews is better than both Stuzle and Draisaitl....

Heck, I'm friends with Sens fans and even they admit that it would take Tkachuk+Stuzle to get the conversation going about Matthews... So your delusional a*s can stop talking rn

Matthews>>>>Stuzle

But hey, I am delusional
I dont get it, how does other people being delusional absolve you?

If someone were to go to a psychiatrist and they diagnose you as being delusional I dont think they would accept the response of "I cant be delusional, those other people over there are delusional and I dont think like them!"

Sounds like youre being delusional about your delusion.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Leafs fans have gotten use to 'bargain bin' shopping because their top players eat up so much of the cap. It's their reality, but their mistake is believing it applies to everyone else.
It’s rich getting petty comment from sens fans when the leafs have been a far better team, while also being able to sign their 3c. The sens can’t say the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad