Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Lol, imagine saying someone in their 15 year in the league, has more points than a lot of players in the league, wow, what a flex.
Imagine that being the absolute best response you can come up with to raw data lol.

The only players ahead of him are 4 first ballot hall of famers. Must be terrible. I’d hate for him to be on my team.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I mean Tavares has been a ppg player for 13? Years. He’s overpaid by maybe 1-2 million. I’d rather have a star 2c than gamble that money on the Hoffmans or Gallagher’s of the world. It’s not like he’s Darnell nurse 3-4 million overpaid.

Those are all flexes because every one of them signed for the leafs on short term prove it, or league min deals. Name me another team that regularly gets players to do that? Tampa would be the only other one I can think of. Your emotions on this unfortunately don’t negate that I’m making good points.
No he actually hasn't been. he's a career 75 point player, who when he signed his deal 6 years ago became the second highest paid player in the league. Now, you can say that was the going rate for a UFA of his caliber at that time, I would disagree with you, but I could see your argument. but that then completely negates what you are trying to say that people will take discounts to play for their beloved Leafs, which Tavares most certainly did not.

There is a delusional line of thinking from Leaf land by some of their fans that players constantly take discounts to sign there, in Tavares case he signed for significantly more than market value.

The only thing I can think of is that the fans there, the moment a player a signs with the Leafs, significantly inflate that players worth to make it sound it like it was some kind of a discount.

the only players that have signed there that took any real "discounts" if you even want to call it that, are either washed up or way past their primes and get by on name recognition ala Thornton, Spezza and Giordano...even Marleau was a significant over pay for someone who was already past his prime.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

The90

Feb 27, 2017
No he actually hasn't been. he's a career 75 point player, who when he signed his deal 6 years ago became the second highest paid player in the league. Now, you can say that was the going rate for a UFA of his caliber at that time, I would disagree with you, but I could see your argument. but that then completely negates what you are trying to say that people will take discounts to play for their beloved Leafs, which Tavares most certainly did not.

There is a delusional line of thinking from Leaf land by some of their fans that players constantly take discounts to sign there, in Tavares case he signed for significantly more than market value.

The only thing I can think of is that the fans there, the moment a player a signs with the Leafs, significantly inflate that players worth to make it sound it like it was some kind of a discount.

the only players that have signed there that took any real "discounts" if you even want to call it that, are either washed up or way past their primes and get by on name recognition ala Thornton, Spezza and Giordano...even Marleau was a significant over pay for someone who was already past his prime.
Didn’t read that. Since he’s been a leaf, he’s 3 points under a ppg over 5 years. If you want to split that hair of 3 games to say he’s not a ppg player, you go right ahead. Just know it’s an embarrassingly bad argument.

• Haha

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
For a laugh, what does he deserve to make? Because ppg 1c’s aren’t less than 9. Only reason he’s not a 1c is because the leafs have the luxury of having Auston Matthews ahead of him.

To add to this, Tavares has had the fifth most points since he entered the league, only players with more? Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane and Stamkos.

Also, he’s had the third most goals since he entered the league. Only players with more are Ovechkin and Stamkos.

Since he was signed by the leafs, he’s 11th in goals and 23rd in points.

Whether his contract triggers you or not, he’s still a very good player.

Alternatively the only reason Tavares has such an impact is in the shadow of Matthews and a heavy offensive roster in his time with Toronto.

Great player but not worth the contract or likely the 1C a team is building around at this point.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Alternatively the only reason Tavares has such an impact is in the shadow of Matthews and a heavy offensive roster in his time with Toronto.

Great player but not worth the contract or likely the 1C a team is building around at this point.
Yeah probably the only reason. Of course that’s aside from the fact that he’s still a very good hockey player as well. Probably that he plays 2c though. Tavares and Nylander are ignored and never play top quality d men. Great point.

Lol, now it goes from 13 to 5 years. Goal posts got a new area code.
…. I literally put his totals as a leaf as well as in the league in my original post. The same thing applies for 13 years. If you want to split hairs over 60? Points over 13 years, go right ahead. It’s still not a good argument.

• Haha

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sens fans can't just enjoy having a decent team, it's gotta somehow be validated with a poll against a Leaf player.
Lol, imagine being upset about having a poll in a poll thread.

Then imagine complaining about polls, and poster has 2 polls on the main first page, about other teams, pot meet kettle at its finest.

Should the other 31 teams complain when there is a poll with one of their players,

Last edited:

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Last peak I got Cat was ahead by 20 or 30 votes, too lopsided I guess :)

Another mod appears to have deleted it, but here are the results that you can laminate for your filing cabinet:

1698459112198.png

• Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit and Korpse

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Time to lock this thread. The last few pages are just a bunch of people arguing about stuff that has nothing to do with the poll

• Haha
Reactions: Leafs1993

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Time to lock this thread. The last few pages are just a bunch of people arguing about stuff that has nothing to do with the poll

No way, this poll needs to live on

I think people are changing their votes now that the season has started and the contract hype has died down, and Matthews has 13 goals in the first 12 games.

This poll is such a good example of how fans obsess over the cap.

Pretty sure Matthews took this personally. As he should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad