Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
You pay more for Matthews for his playoff pedigree. The guy is unstoppable in the playoffs.
Personally, I'm not uber impressed with Matthews in the playoffs. He's good in the earlier games, but in must win games, I don't find him all that impactful.

Personally, I choose Stutzle. And not because he's the better player. He's not. He may be comparable in points at some point; but he isn't right now. Matthews is also more of a goal scorer. Which I feel people really value (I lean to more play maker type players personally).

But Stutzle + another 5M player makes a better all around team to me; which is especially good in the playoffs. Having an extra 5M to spend on creating a better scoring 3 lines or solidify defense or goaltending is a better use of money, plus term is better. Because if the cap goes up, this 8m contract is nothing in 7 years.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
To be fair, I am stupidly ignorant.

Who’s stupidly overpaid for the leafs? I’m sure, gio, spezza, bertuzzi and domi would sign for less to play for your beloved oilers lol

Hey, That’s Ryan, 85% of my contract can be buried in the minors so my cap hit is only 100k, reaves, to you.
John Tavares says hi.

And funny how pajama boy wanted so badly to play for the Leafs but yet they still had to give him a monumentally stupid contract to play for your team.

Is that the same Domi that has played for 7 teams in 10 years couldn't stick with any one club, and was basically ready to sign a PTO to whoever would take him? And Bertuzzi who's career high is 62 points and signed for 5.5 million (same as Hyman, more than Nugent-Hopkins and Kane) or the same spezza and Gio that are/were so past their primes that one of them said if you put me on waivers I'm retiring?

These are not the flexes you think they are.

And good that 85% can be buried in the minors, but then who will the Leafs have to skate around and pretend its 2015 and that he's still relevant as a fighter anymore?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
John Tavares says hi.

And funny how pajama boy wanted so badly to play for the Leafs but yet they still had to give him a monumentally stupid contract to play for your team.

Is that the same Domi that has played for 7 teams in 10 years couldn't stick with any one club, and was basically ready to sign a PTO to whoever would take him? And Bertuzzi who's career high is 62 points and signed for 5.5 million (same as Hyman, more than Nugent-Hopkins and Kane) or the same spezza and Gio that are/were so past their primes that one of them said if you put me on waivers I'm retiring?

These are not the flexes you think they are.

And good that 85% can be buried in the minors, but then who will the Leafs have to skate around and pretend its 2015 and that he's still relevant as a fighter anymore?
I mean Tavares has been a ppg player for 13? Years. He’s overpaid by maybe 1-2 million. I’d rather have a star 2c than gamble that money on the Hoffmans or Gallagher’s of the world. It’s not like he’s Darnell nurse 3-4 million overpaid.

Those are all flexes because every one of them signed for the leafs on short term prove it, or league min deals. Name me another team that regularly gets players to do that? Tampa would be the only other one I can think of. Your emotions on this unfortunately don’t negate that I’m making good points.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I mean Tavares has been a ppg player for 13? Years. He’s overpaid by maybe 1-2 million. I’d rather have a star 2c than gamble that money on the Hoffmans or Gallagher’s of the world. It’s not like he’s Darnell nurse 3-4 million overpaid.

Those are all flexes because every one of them signed for the leafs on short term prove it, or league min deals. Name me another team that regularly gets players to do that? Tampa would be the only other one I can think of. Your emotions on this unfortunately don’t negate that I’m making good points.
Last year there were 46 players who finished with ppg. Tavares had 1.0 ppg.

We pay him the 7th most salary in the league.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Reactions: dukeofjive

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Last year there were 46 players who finished with ppg. Tavares had 1.0 ppg.

We pay him the 7th most salary in the league.

Facts don't care about your feelings.
Sick. How many of those players have been ppg for a decade?

Your alternative and cherry picked stats don’t refute what I said. There’s no emotions in a literal statistic. Sweet burn though. As usual lol.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Your alternative and cherry picked stats don’t refute what I said. There’s no emotions in a literal statistic. Sweet burn though. As usual lol.
PPG game players, no matter how long, aren’t 11 million dollar players, even more so 6 years ago.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

The90

Feb 27, 2017
PPG game players, no matter how long, aren’t 11 million dollar players, even more so 6 years ago.
Show me where I said he was an 11 million dollar player?

What I said, was that he’s 1-2 million overpaid and was a point a game player for over a decade. Which is a fact. There are maybe 10 other players in the league who can say the same. He’s much better than he gets credit for around here.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Show me where I said he was an 11 million dollar player?

What I said, was that he’s 1-2 million overpaid and was a point a game player for over a decade. Which is a fact. There are maybe 10 other players in the league who can say the same. He’s much better than he gets credit for around here.
Well then you could have used that extra money to keep, one of those low paid guys, you mentioned that you couldn’t keep, with an extra 2 million available.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Well then you could have used that extra money to keep, one of those low paid guys, you mentioned that you couldn’t keep, with an extra 2 million available.
2 million wouldn’t have kept almost any of them lol. That’s the point. You get the Matthew Joseph’s of the world taking up cap space and you can’t sign the players you really want.

• Haha

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Don't get me wrong, Stutzle is a hullva player - may be as good as Nylander one day. But lets not compare him to a quasi-generational/generational player in Matthews.

What does he need to do exactly? They have shown on TV today that he has 96 pts in his last 82 GP. He was still 20 y/o in many of these games

Nylander just had his best season at 26 y/o, 87 pts in 82 games... Stutzle is a Center and already PKs

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

What value does having a decade of ppg add?

He was still at the bottom of 46 players being paid the 7th most while playing with skilled players.

You're just using arbitrary info to try and rationalize the Tavares overpayment.

Man dubas really fd up with that contract. Jt was 100% unnecessary.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
What value does having a decade of ppg add?

He was still at the bottom of 46 players being paid the 7th most while playing with skilled players.

You're just using arbitrary info to try and rationalize the Tavares overpayment.

Man dubas really fd up with that contract. Jt was 100% unnecessary.
We’re gonna pretend that a player that’s been ppg for a year deserves the same amount of pay as someone who’s done it for 10 huh. Nice argument. Your personal feelings on whether you want to pay him 11 or not, is irrelevant.

Your entire argument is alternative points lol

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Matthews as the player still comsiderably ahead

Contracts included its closer

Expecting Matthews to be around 55 goals and 105 pts

Stutzle similar year to this season.

Contracts included would take Stutzle though Matthews is still on 11.634M for this year
More realistic beliving Matthews has another big injury vs Stutzle staying the same

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
We’re gonna pretend that a player that’s been ppg for a year deserves the same amount of pay as someone who’s done it for 10 huh. Nice argument. Your personal feelings on whether you want to pay him 11 or not, is irrelevant.

Your entire argument is alternative points lol

Who said he deserves that same pay as someone who's only done it once? Sick strawman, buddy.

Someone who comes ~46th in ppg should not he paid the 7th most.

Your opinion that Tavares is only 1-2 million overpaid is not based in reality.

Try taking off the blue Goggles once in awhile.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Who said he deserves that same pay as someone who's only done it once? Sick strawman, buddy.

Someone who comes ~46th in ppg should not he paid the 7th most.

Your opinion that Tavares is only 1-2 million overpaid is not based in reality.

Try taking off the blue Goggles once in awhile.
For a laugh, what does he deserve to make? Because ppg 1c’s aren’t less than 9. Only reason he’s not a 1c is because the leafs have the luxury of having Auston Matthews ahead of him.

To add to this, Tavares has had the fifth most points since he entered the league, only players with more? Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane and Stamkos.

Also, he’s had the third most goals since he entered the league. Only players with more are Ovechkin and Stamkos.

Since he was signed by the leafs, he’s 11th in goals and 23rd in points.

Whether his contract triggers you or not, he’s still a very good player.

Attachments

• C87E5700-B19E-48CC-84C6-8E8021EEBCD0.png
    C87E5700-B19E-48CC-84C6-8E8021EEBCD0.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 81DEB209-FA05-4F74-87EE-92FC703F59B3.png
    81DEB209-FA05-4F74-87EE-92FC703F59B3.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Sundinisagod

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lol, imagine saying someone in their 15 year in the league, has more points than a lot of players in the league, wow, what a flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad