Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How do you still not see the issue with comparing ONE career season from Stutzle to a season where Matthews was playing through injury and just came off a hart, lindsay and back to back rocket?

Matthews' floor season was Stutzle's peak.
You think Stutzle peaked at 20? Lol ok

If Stutzle's best offensive season being comparable to Matthews at his worst is enough to convince you he's the better player, that's pretty flimsy to say the least
Stutzle has played 3 seasons.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Damn, this horde of Leafs fans jumping on this after the first 2 games of the season is quite hilarious

That's actually the first thing I thought (my brain auto-bumped this even if complete afterthought) when I saw that Matthews had another 3 G :laugh:

lmao, you are not fooling anyone.

Are facts supposed to "fool" people?

How do you still not see the issue with comparing ONE career season from Stutzle to a season where Matthews was playing through injury and just came off a hart, lindsay and back to back rocket?

How many seasons do you want to use? The kid was 20 last season :facepalm:

"career season" lol, you guys are really something else.

Last edited:

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Matthews has won multiple Rockets. not to mention the Ted Lindsay and Hart as well.

you can not be serious.
I know and Ovi has won like 10 rockets and 2 or 3 hart but he isn't better than Matthews either at this point. It's hilarious that you guys are explaining Matthews losing this thread with something like Leafs hate etc. Stutzle's 3rd season was better than Matthews 3rd season as well, how about that?

And this is not only about regular season awards, Matthews has shown many times that he chokes in playoffs which obviously is a big minus for him.

Sorry that your boy is losing the poll to Stutzle, unfortunately 2 hot games are not changing the result

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Not a Leafs or Sens fans, but are people really surprised by this backlash by leafs fans? It's not just this thread but a bunch during last season and this off season, people shitting on one of the best goal scorers in the league for "only" scoring 40 goals after he just scored 60. I hope he has another killer season and leafs fans bump all these threads. People here way overrated capspace and potential.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not a Leafs or Sens fans, but are people really surprised by this backlash by leafs fans? It's not just this thread but a bunch during last season and this off season, people shitting on one of the best goal scorers in the league for "only" scoring 40 goals after he just scored 60. I hope he has another killer season and leafs fans bump all these threads. People here way overrated capspace and potential.

I am the one who made this poll below. I was among the only 25 posters (out of 123) who voted that he could get more than 800 career goals.

I still find this backlash quite hilarious/ridiculous and despite thinking great things about Matthews goal scoring prowess, I still vote Stutzle in this poll, simply because Matthews is NOT 60% better (and that's without even accounting the age's difference)

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

A more accurate statement is stutzles 3rd season is better than matthews third or 7th.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know and Ovi has won like 10 rockets and 2 or 3 hart but he isn't better than Matthews either at this point. It's hilarious that you guys are explaining Matthews losing this thread with something like Leafs hate etc. Stutzle's 3rd season was better than Matthews 3rd season as well, how about that?

And this is not only about regular season awards, Matthews has shown many times that he chokes in playoffs which obviously is a big minus for him.

Sorry that your boy is losing the poll to Stutzle, unfortunately 2 hot games are not changing the result

Stutzle doesn't get to the playoffs

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Exactly. I don't think it is even Stutzle that pisses off Leaf fans it's that 5m in cap space somehow makes up the difference. Most fans accept Stutzle is the worse player outside of homers. But 5M of cap is a nothing player in todays NHL. Basically saying I take Stutzle and a middle 6 player over a guy who is a rocket threat every year he plays. This is without mentioning Stutzle is terrible defensively and Matthews is elite.

When Matthews is playing like a top player in the world as he has most of his career, it shows how ridiculous these narrative threads are and it shows how many posters don't watch the teams and players they comment on the most.

Reactions: Strangle

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Exactly. I don't think it is even Stutzle that pisses off Leaf fans it's that 5m in cap space somehow makes up the difference. Most fans accept Stutzle is the worse player outside of homers. But 5M of cap is a nothing player in todays NHL. Basically saying I take Stutzle and a middle 6 player over a guy who is a rocket threat every year he plays. This is without mentioning Stutzle is terrible defensively and Matthews is elite.

When Matthews is playing like a top player in the world as he has most of his career, it shows how ridiculous these narrative threads are and it shows how many posters don't watch the teams and players they comment on the most.

It becomes hard to argue intelligently when you read things like this. While 5 M$ could certainly badly spent, it might be the difference between being able to retain a guy like Nylander or have to settle for a guy like Domi and additional depth

That's a point that some Leafs fans simply refuse to acknowledge

And sorry but Stutzle was not "terrible" defensively last year by any means, and considering he was 20 y/o, he has not done progressing

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Matthews finished top two in Hart voting two seasons in a row (winning once) prior to last season. Stutzle will be a great player, but he may never reach that level.

There isn't really a good reason to believe that Matthews has regressed significantly from being the player he was in 2022.

Not that I'm comparing him to these players, but Ovechkin had a worse season in '09 than in '08 and then he played some of his best hockey the following season. McDavid wasn't as good in 2022 as in 2021 and then rebounded with a monster season.

Early indications are looking good for AM.

If someone wants to pick Stutzle based on contract, that's fine, but I think Matthews is definitely the better hockey player at this point in time.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If someone wants to pick Stutzle based on contract, that's fine, but I think Matthews is definitely the better hockey player at this point in time.

Which is the point of the current poll...

If Leafs fans want to make a Matthews vs Stutzle poll WITHOUT contracts to be re-assured, then ok

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Which is the point of the current poll...

If Leafs fans want to make a Matthews vs Stutzle poll WITHOUT contracts to be re-assured, then ok

Fair enough, but people in here have questioned whether Matthews is the better player. I think it's fair to say he is.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Just use Chychurn’s number since he’s a Sen at 4.6 million.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Stutzle is 21 and has 2 seasons. Matthews is 27. How many times did you expect him to outproduce Matthews?
As for playoffs, one guy has disappointed so far and the other guy hasn’t had a chance in his first 2 years.
What is this lol Stutzle is in his 4th season. He's played 3 already and Matthews just turned 26. Those aren't facts that are difficult to get right.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Which 5 million dollar players are people taking when contracts are considered? Can I get a list?

He barely outproduced an injured Matthews (didn't outpace him)... this sounds like an argument for Matthews
Doesnt need to be a $5M player,
you could also see it as upgrading a $5 million player to a $10 million player or a $3M to an $8M and so on.

$5M is a lot. Its the difference between Mathiew Joseph and Jack Hughes for example. Of course you have to spend it wisely but it is not a small amount of cap space.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
things like this are unfair to Stutzle, guy is a great player but just not in the same tier. I am fairly confident if the NHL were to do a full redraft, Matthews goes top 3 or 4 and Tim around 30 ish

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
things like this are unfair to Stutzle, guy is a great player but just not in the same tier. I am fairly confident if the NHL were to do a full redraft, Matthews goes top 3 or 4 and Tim around 30 ish
Not if the re-draft includes their current contracts lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad