Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If you wouldn’t take Mcdavid over matthews because of contract length, I’d call you crazy.

You know you can resign players, right? It doesn’t mean you **only** get 3 years of Mcdavid. And even if you did, for those 3 years you have a better chance to win than with matthews.
I should have added that in this scenario, Matthews is 21 and McDavid is 26.

Yeah, you might be able to re-sign 29 year old McDavid at UFA rate, but is 29-34 year old McDavid going to be better than 24-29 year old Matthews? Nevermind the huge cap differences.

That’s the goal here, not trying to win in 20 years
Holy hyperbole batman

not trying to stay middle of the pack or flexible,
Are you saying that by taking Matthews over McDavid, you are settling for middle of the pack?

the goal is to win and you win hockey games now, not hypothetical future seasons.

I agree, how many teams have won the cup with a player taking up as much of the cap as Matthews will? If memory serves, Vegas was the first team to win a cup with a player who had a double digit millions cap hit.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
This thread is about Auston Matthews lol

Good attempt at victimhood tho
Oh no victim here. I find my own trouble. But, the leafs are also my team. So not weird to find me in the leaf threads. What im not in, is every single Hab or Sen thread. Know why? Because it’s not my team, and I don’t care how they do.

‘I don’t care about the leafs, but they’re not as good as they think they are and they overpay their not so good stars’ - non leaf fans commenting in every leaf thread possible.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Oh no victim here. I find my own trouble. But, the leafs are also my team. So not weird to find me in the leaf threads. What im not in, is every single Hab or Sen thread. Know why? Because it’s not my team, and I don’t care how they do.

‘I don’t care about the leafs, but they’re not as good as they think they are and they overpay their not so good stars’ - non leaf fans commenting in every leaf thread possible.
Not sure what that has to do with this thread, since it’s about leafs and Sens player.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Strangle, sometimes the appropriate thing to do is stop digging..
Yeah or at least don't throw stones when your house is made out of the same glass as the other team you are chirping lol

Love how leafs fans chirp ottawa fans like are they not self aware that they have accomplished the same thing in the same timespan as them lol absolutely nothing

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Yeah or at least don't throw stones when your house is made out of the same glass as the other team you are chirping lol

Love how leafs fans chirp ottawa fans like are they not self aware that they have accomplished the same thing in the same timespan as them lol absolutely nothing
Best part, neither has Montreal, or Edmonton.

Some mighty fine hairs being split though. The irony is the entire premise of this bait thread, (started by an Oiler fan) was that Depth + cap space > the better player.

Which is ironic given the Oilers haven’t had depth in the Mcdavid era, forcing him to play 25-30 minutes a night to win lol. I’m sure he’d rather Matthews and cap space over mcdavid though

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Some mighty fine hairs being split though. The irony is the entire premise of this bait thread, (started by an Oiler fan) was that Depth + cap space > the better player.

Which is ironic given the Oilers haven’t had depth in the Mcdavid era, forcing him to play 25-30 minutes a night to win lol. I’m sure he’d rather Matthews and cap space over mcdavid though
Holy derailing the thread Batman! Lol.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

So this thread should be opened only to Leafs and Sens fans?
What are you saying here?

Plus, Habs fans probably have the best opinion here, since we hate both of your stoopid teams.
We don't have a horse in that race

The90

Feb 27, 2017
So this thread should be opened only to Leafs and Sens fans?
What are you saying here?

Plus, Habs fans probably have the best opinion here, since we hate both of your stoopid teams.
We don't have a horse in that race
Yeah that’s an excellent point. The rivalry that is Montreal vs ottawa is second to none. Even playing field there for sure. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: MCR74

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022

bro youre a habs fan

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

Is this where I mention 2023 is the 30th anniversary since the Habs did anything?

Why dont you come have a seat here beside us.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Yeah that’s an excellent point. The rivalry that is Montreal vs ottawa is second to none. Even playing field there for sure. Thanks for pointing that out.

They're Mickey Mouse franchise are 3rd on our shitlist after the Ruins and your clown show of a team

Is it because Matthews ain't winning the poll? Is that it?

There's nothing controversial about the fact that while Matthews is the better player for sure, Stützle's contract is simply way to good for another team to pass on. In 7 or 8 years, Stützle's contract will be one of the best in the league, unless Tim crash and burn.

Matthews is a top 10 player in the league but it's freakin' 5M more per year, you can add a solid player for that money. And in 4 years, you don't know what will happens with Matthews.

Is Matthews better than Stützle? Yeah, for sure.
Is Matthews so much better than Stützle that he deserves 5 freakin' millions more? Hell no

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Again, nobody, and I mean nobody, is forcing you to read the thread and participate. Instead, you feel the need to share your sad premade meme about how Hfboards hates the Leafs while doing the whole victim complex routine.

Maybe you should click the ignore thread and stick to the Leafs board if only Leafs fans can talk about your team. It’s hilarious that before this thread your last posts were on….Habs threads. Yeah, keep preaching, hypocrite.

It seems like you don’t know how a public forum works.

BTW genius, Matthews earns more than McDavid going forward. Nobody would take the inferior player who makes more.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Again, nobody, and I mean nobody, is forcing you to read the thread and participate. Instead, you feel the need to share your sad premade meme about how Hfboards hates the Leafs while doing the whole victim complex routine.

Maybe you should click the ignore thread and stick to the Leafs board if only Leafs fans can talk about your team. It’s hilarious that before this thread your last posts were on….Habs threads. Yeah, keep preaching, hypocrite.

It seems like you don’t know how a public forum works.
My friend is a Sens' fan, so I guess I can post in this thread as long as I use his laptop/cell to do so.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Alot of people are overlooking the fact that Stutzle has EIGHT years left at this already amazing AAV. Matthews has 5 years left. What's going to be Matthews' AAV for Stutzle's final 3 years? $15m?

Reactions: PainForShane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad