Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Something else about Giroux. In his post-game interview after Vancouver, he was asked if this loss would motivate them to come out stronger in the next game, His reply: "Maybe". His earlier responses also alluded to having to play 60 minutes. It sounds like G is frustrated IMO.

He should be. He's currently the best player on the team at 36. Playing PK, PP, taking all the big faceoffs, playing the most minutes of all forwards since JM took over. Need the young stars to step up.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
He wasn't calling fans media illiterate for misinterpreting the quote having only seen the tweet, he was critical of those that pull the quote out of context to start that shitshow.

I don't like what TSN1200 did with the quote about Giroux talking to Stu either, in the context of the scrum, the impression is very different, clearly TSN1200 heard the whole scrum and should have known pulling it out of context would give people a misleading impression, that's what Mendes is critical of, not the people who were misled.

Well at the end of the day, Ian needs to be careful when using verbatim quotes from players who speak English as a second language. Things can get misinterpreted on Twitter, as we all know. It's Twitter. He should thank whoever the reporter was who clarified things during the scrum.

I think he had a tough day, judging by his follow-up tweet in response to people not wanting to subscribe to the Athletic.

But I'm sure he can use this experience as an example for the students in his journalism class at Algonquin.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Wow you are so smart dude, can I have your autograph or better yet can you tutor me since you’re so much learned than the rest of us? Sorry we dared to question something a professional athlete was quoted saying, we should have checked with you first on the interpretation
I question your comprehension skills more than anything. And anyone else who went the wrong way with what Tim said

Reactions: Relapsing

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I question your comprehension skills more than anything. And anyone else who went the wrong way with what Tim said
I mean he was asked to clarify…and I’m glad that he did. If a huge segment of ppl found his words to be confusing then there’s something wrong with how it was communicated (and written out). Not talking about outliers here

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
This is it, I think. You can't tell whether Stutzle is looking at Alfie or not.

It's too hard to say what's going on in this clip. Timmy is virtually the only reason I'm still hanging around, but if he doesn't think he needs to listen to a guy like Alfie, see ya later, Jim.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Makes me wonder if we have some of the same issues in Belleville. I remember DJ saying that Belleville used the same system as the Sens.
I don't think the system is the issue per se. Poor execution and carelessness are big problems though.

Three recent examples.

In the Buffalo game, first period on the PP, Chabot goes to do the drop back pass. He may as well have just passed it to Buffalo. He clearly wasn't paying attention and it killed the PP1 shift.

In the Vancouver game, the flopper that Korpisalo let in was a turnover at our blue line by Batherson.

The two worst places to turn over the puck are our blue line and their blue line

The Stuetzle fall down against Seattle. Just inside their blue line.

Those 3 plays kinda encompass the entire season. One killed a PP, two end up in our net and one featured ridiculously soft goaltending

Nothing wrong with the system on any of those plays

Reactions: Codo37

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think the system is the issue per se. Poor execution and carelessness are big problems though.

Three recent examples.

In the Buffalo game, first period on the PP, Chabot goes to do the drop back pass. He may as well have just passed it to Buffalo. He clearly wasn't paying attention and it killed the PP1 shift.

In the Vancouver game, the flopper that Korpisalo let in was a turnover at our blue line by Batherson.

The two worst places to turn over the puck are our blue line and their blue line

The Stuetzle fall down against Seattle. Just inside their blue line.

Those 3 plays kinda encompass the entire season. One killed a PP, two end up in our net and one featured ridiculously soft goaltending

Nothing wrong with the system on any of those plays
Our goals against almost always come off mistakes, a failed zone exit, a bad turnover at the line, a D stepping up and getting beat clean, there are some things that systems can solve but these kinds of mistakes ain't it.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Our goals against almost always come off mistakes, a failed zone exit, a bad turnover at the line, a D stepping up and getting beat clean, there are some things that systems can solve but these kinds of mistakes ain't it.
I agree with that and it's part of why I'm not on the "everything is DJ's fault band wagon"

Your average beer league doesn't make the play Kelly made last night.

Mind you it'd be nice to get a save now and again to cover up those mistakes

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
People forget how young Stützle is and how this is pretty much the first time in his career he's facing real adversity. He's a passionate and competitive guy, and while yes he has to learn to manage his emotions better during the game, that's something that is going to take time.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
My biggest issue with Stützle this year has been the giveaways he's making while trying to do too much, but...

His sh% has absolutely tanked, 5.3% at 5v5 compared to 14.6 last year, 0% on the PP.... He's not getting the looks on the PP, but still, zero percent???

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My biggest issue with Stützle this year has been the giveaways he's making while trying to do too
much, but...

His sh% has absolutely tanked, 5.3% at 5v5 compared to 14.6 last year, 0% on the PP.... He's not getting the looks on the PP, but still, zero percent???
He seems like he really rides the highs and lows and is hard on himself. That coupled with the despair from the loss of DJ have sunk him.. He needs someone to take him aside and go through where they are, why and where they are going and ask him to be a part of that to help the team get there.
They have to get their messaging through to him with out interference. Maybe change seating arrangements in the room.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Dude is having an atrocious year compared to what he showed last season and his expected trajectory but he is basically PPG so things aren't that terrible.

21 years old and, as many have said, facing real adversity for the 1st time. This is not the time to turn on him, it's the time to guide him and help him get through it with understanding.

Let's let him come out the other side a more mature person and better player, not crush his spirit.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Probably a weird post but hear me out…

In the post-game show two games back, someone made an insensitive remark about ‘stutzle looking like someone shot his dog’ without realizing that his dog actually died recently.

I don’t know stutzle, but everyone processes loss differently. And dogs are like family members to some (I know they are to me) so if stutzle is depressed or mourning, I really hope he reconciles and finds peace (for himself, not about hockey)

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Fun fact- "Bad Stu" still outproducing Laff, Byfield and Raymond every player in his draft cohort this season.
That's interesting.

Would you rather be Laffreniere, an ok player on a great team. Or Stutzle, a superstar on a terrible team?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
That's interesting.

Would you rather be Laffreniere, an ok player on a great team. Or Stutzle, a superstar on a terrible team?
Stu, quite handily. For about 8 million reasons.

How many points would stu have playing against lesser competition further down the depth chart for the rags, with panarin/trochek?

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Stu, quite handily. For about 8 million reasons.

How many points would stu have playing against lesser competition further down the depth chart for the rags, with panarin/trochek?
Ya he gets more money, so I too would want more money.

But being on a great team in an awesome city is way more fun than being on a bad team in a small hockeytown.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ya he gets more money, so I too would want more money.

But being on a great team in an awesome city is way more fun than being on a bad team in a small hockeytown.
I dont know man. These guys worked their whole lives to get here. I cant imagine any player is willing to make that trade off and give up millions of dollars, better ice time, and the chance to be a superstar.

I'm not even sure alex lafrenniere wants to be alex lafrenniere right now. Let alone Tim Stutzle.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
I dont know man. These guys worked their whole lives to get here. I cant imagine any player is willing to make that trade off and give up millions of dollars, better ice time, and the chance to be a superstar.

I'm not even sure alex lafrenniere wants to be alex lafrenniere right now. Let alone Tim Stutzle.
Ya I acknowledged the money being the primary motivator and I agree with that.

But it is the rest of the experience I was getting at. Players always say the same thing about not caring about anything but winning.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
My biggest issue with Stützle this year has been the giveaways he's making while trying to do too much, but...

Repeatedly taking low percentile shots on the PP will do that. Not every goalie is a Forsberg or a Korpisalo and has shots go thru them.

• Haha
Reactions: heater007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad