Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Again, I see this as Stutzle trying to say something nice about Giroux and once again we are going after him for it.

By the end of the year Tim won’t be saying anything to anyone in the media.
Yes we all have our biases. You se with one way under another. It does very much indicate he was not happy with the system tho no?

I don’t care if Tim talks or doesn’t talk to the media.

Wins good losses bad.

Throwing in another cherry picked quote to balance things out.

I didn’t cherry pick the quote.

Yeah no doubt he wants to win. But he clearly is not happy with whatever Jacques is doing imo and his trash play and body language is reflecting it.

Reactions: LiseL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Again, I see this as Stutzle trying to say something nice about Giroux and once again we are going after him for it.

Yah back to back ,,,
Stutzle is just saying nice things about DJ and follows that up with nice things about Giroux ... nothing else is more likely

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yah back to back ,,,
Stutzle is just saying nice things about DJ and follows that up with nice things about Giroux ... nothing else is more likely

I mean, if he’s saying that about Giroux, but not saying anything about Tkachuk, doesn’t it mean that he hates Tkachuk and his leadership?

Basically he’s saying he wants Tkachuk traded and Giroux to replace him as the Captain.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
For Giroux to respond this way, wouldn't it imply that someone was voicing their displeasure with the new system? Could we assume that someone was Stützle, given he admitted that it was he to whom Giroux was speaking?

I mean... good on Giroux to try to talk sense into him, I guess. I'll focus on that positive.
or ..... Stutz said to Giroux "some guys are complaining" and Giroux threw that out.

or, Stutz said to Giroux "I'm worried. First time with new NHL coach. What if a new system is weird".

or, ... it cold be just like you figure.

and that's our problem. No real insight and radio summaries of what some player said can be suspect.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I mean, if he’s saying that about Giroux, but not saying anything about Tkachuk, doesn’t it mean that he hates Tkachuk and his leadership?

Basically he’s saying he wants Tkachuk traded and Giroux to replace him as the Captain.

TSN1200 social has a habit of paraphrasing poorly, so I'd like to hear the whole exchange, and English is his 2nd language, so it all could be misinterpreted.

But if Giroux said that, someone must have said they don't like the system, no? That's the logical leap.

Now it doesn't mean they'll pout and refuse to play it, but everyone can see that things haven't gone swimmingly in the first two weeks of Jacques.

Reactions: SensHulk

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Yes we all have our biases. You se with one way under another. It does very much indicate he was not happy with the system tho no?

Wins good losses bad.

Yeah no doubt he wants to win. But he clearly is not happy with whatever Jacques is doing imo and his trash play and body language is reflecting it.

I think he has been playing bad most of this season by his standards. I don't think he has looked worse since JM took over. Hasn't noticeably improved either. We will see how he looks in the 2nd half of the season.

Reactions: bert

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
It's crazy how many people cannot comprehend what Stutzle is saying simply out of negativity. I understood it the first time I read it as thanking DJ for helping them earn those contracts.

What, DJ was supposed to last for 8 years with Tim Stutzle? People need to give their heads a shake lol
Wow you are so smart dude, can I have your autograph or better yet can you tutor me since you’re so much learned than the rest of us? Sorry we dared to question something a professional athlete was quoted saying, we should have checked with you first on the interpretation

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
TSN1200 social has a habit of paraphrasing poorly, so I'd like to hear the whole exchange, and English is his 2nd language, so it all could be misinterpreted.

But if Giroux said that, someone must have said they don't like the system, no?

I don’t really care if he/whoever likes it or not.

That’s a really good piece of wisdom from Giroux.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

1704399463011.png

Now you are really reaching . LOL. That is just STUPID. Am I doing this right?

• Love
Reactions: NyQuil

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I don’t really care if he/whoever likes it or not.

That’s a really good piece of wisdom from Giroux.

You kind of should, since he's arguably the most important player on this team. If he has to be convinced to buy in, 2 weeks in... not the best.

It harkens back to what Jacques yesterday, where he basically said that he doesn't understand why players liked the way things were when the way things were made them miss the playoffs every season.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017

Wins good losses bad.

not to be too rude, but your quote was cherry picked. I certainly cherry picked mine. the one I quoted was the very next one on the tsn 1200 feed.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You kind of should, since he's arguably the most important player on this team. If he has to be convinced to buy in, 2 weeks in... not the best.

It harkens back to what Jacques yesterday, where he basically said that he doesn't understand why players liked the way things were when the way things were made them miss the playoffs every season.

I don’t care if he likes it or not because he follows that up with the line about the team working together which is the obvious point he was making behind the entire quote.

We’re ignoring the direct conclusion that he arrives at in favour of an implicit assumption.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Giroux had to tell Tim that it didn’t matter if he doesn’t like a system, everyone has to buy in?

What’s between Tim’s ears ?

Alfie legit may be there just to restrain Jacques from throwing a skate at someone
lol eat a dick.

@Dionysus here you go. A quote I read. From stutzle.

Context may be missing obviously. But this is the quote

Thank you for the quote. I would read it more positively, a comment on G's leadership and how the young guys respect his experience.

The buy in on the ice will be telling. Words are meaningless, it's about actions for this group.

@Burrowsaurus you are constantly negative and look for any reason to be. Sorry I can't fall in line with that. Its a quote without the rest of the interview pushing a narrative.

There is obviously more to it. I know you want to jump all over this and project it as a massive character flaw. But I would rather look at it as the process of a 21 year old who has only had one coach who let him do whatever he wanted work through the shock of having to be accountable. Make sacrifices they have never had to make and how they process it.

Martin has been here for 7 games. Players are going to be adapting to the new systems and whats expected of them. Its not going to happen over night.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014

We need to go deeper. What was his body language and tone inflection when he said this? Was he looking up to the left??

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy and NyQuil

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I don’t care if he likes it or not because he follows that up with the line about the team working together which is the obvious point he was making behind the entire quote.

We’re ignoring the conclusion that he arrives at in favour of an implicit assumption.

If you don't like something or don't believe in something, it's much harder to actually do it and stick to it consistently, especially when adversity arises. Even if you say you will.

The players on winning teams believe in what they're doing, which is why they can do it over the grind of 9 months.

We'll see what happens here.

Also, nobody is criticizing Stützle for any of these quotes alone. It's his poor play, his negative body language, his weird quotes and his seemingly general unhappiness that people are starting to pick up on.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
There you go, we all knew those players were cuddle too much by the last coach, that's what happens when the coach acts more as a father figure then a head coach. We can see that Timmy doesn't care about playing defense, he only cares about his personal stats that's a big problem! We have a lot of immature players on this team. They need to grow up and get with the damn program here!!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If you don't like something or don't believe in something, it's much harder to actually do it and stick to it consistently, especially when adversity arises. Even if you say you will.

The players on winning teams believe in what they're doing, which is why they can do it over the grind of 9 months.

We'll see what happens here.

I don’t think all the players always agree with the coach’s decisions, even on winning teams.

That’s not a requirement for a winning team.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I don’t think all the players always agree with the coach’s decisions, even on winning teams.

That’s not a requirement for a winning team.

They may not believe in every single in-game or lineup decision (you should have sent someone else out for that defensive faceoff!), but a belief in the overall structure and system of play is pretty important, IMO.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We can see that Timmy doesn't care about playing defense, he only cares about his personal stats that's a big problem! We have a lot of immature players on this team. They need to grow up and get with the damn program here!!

You must have missed the part where Stutzle literally said:

“I think my best is when I’m playing a good offensive and defensive game.”

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
You must have missed the part where Stutzle literally said:

“I think my best is when I’m playing a good offensive and defensive game.”

He's never had a good defensive game though... which is, I think, what Jacques is trying to tell him!

"You may think you were good in your own end last year... but you weren't."

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They may not believe in every single in-game or lineup decision (you should have sent someone else out for that defensive faceoff!), but a belief in the overall structure and system of play is pretty important, IMO.

People believe in something when they see results.

Keep in mind, these kinds of coaches always have a limited shelf life.

Hitchcock, Tortorella, there’s a reason they get tuned out eventually.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
@Burrowsaurus you are constantly negative and look for any reason to be. Sorry I can't fall in line with that. Its a quote without the rest of the interview pushing a narrative.

There is obviously more to it. I know you want to jump all over this and project it as a massive character flaw. But I would rather look at it as the process of a 21 year old who has only had one coach who let him do whatever he wanted work through the shock of having to be accountable. Make sacrifices they have never had to make and how they process it.

Martin has been here for 7 games. Players are going to be adapting to the new systems and whats expected of them. Its not going to happen over night.
I don't think anyone is projecting a massive character flaw. It just follows on the heals of Jacques question on 1200 yesterday and the concern of the DJ firing and how the players are taking it and how they are reacting to the change and how ready they are to buy in to the new messages.
Some players may take longer to process it, understand it and incorporate it. I hope they all just park the past , move on and embrace the new tactics the coaches are preaching. We are getting a little more insight but still lots of speculation

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
People believe in something when they see results.

Keep in mind, these kinds of coaches always have a limited shelf life.

Hitchcock, Tortorella, there’s a reason they get tuned out eventually.

Jacques isn't one of those coaches. As far as I can tell, he's not screaming at or benching anyone, yet. He's a pretty relaxed, calm presence and is asking the team to play more responsibly and, apparently, is having a tough time selling that message to some guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad