Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
I think you are making things up again and this is the second time you've been called out for the exact same thing as the last time.

The vast majority of people wanted DJ canned because the results weren't there for years. I don't recall seeing anyone say that there would be instantaneous results...

But it's fact that most were were expecting instantaneous results. Most were expecting the "new coach bump".

Reactions: R We A Team

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
"I love the guy because he helped us get paid even though we didn't win a damn thing."
That's a pretty liberal and negative interpretation.

Couldn't it just as easily been as he stated? They really like DJ, he built a good culture of support and despite not having the success they wanted, they pulled together and kept working for each other.

Not winning may have made many athletes bolt, but due to DJ, they wanted to stick it out and win here, in Ottawa, together.

I am very happy we have the core locked up and if that is part of DJs legacy then that is 1 very positive piece.

Reactions: R We A Team

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
But it's fact that most were were expecting instantaneous results. Most were expecting the "new coach bump".
There is a difference between a coaching bump which is extremely common and parading to a playoff spot from a coaching change. I don't think people were alluding to the latter.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Still an odd thing to say out loud for an athlete, even though it's what all athletes would think.

"I love the guy because he helped us get paid even though we didn't win a damn thing."

What, in my view, is happening:

The core players thought they were doing everything right, but just weren't getting the results, and are disappointed that this led to DJ getting fired.

Jacques Martin has come in and told them that they weren't doing everything right, and this has caught them off guard.
no one was calling out Brady when he posted cash bags on his twitter when Norris got paid

we have come some ways and hopefully they players become a little bit more mature

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I don't think there's anything wrong in hoping that would happen, considering it's something that generally can.

I do think it's substantially more clear now that DJ should have been fired years ago.

Reactions: Alex1234

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
That's a pretty liberal and negative interpretation.

Couldn't it just as easily been as he stated? They really like DJ, he built a good culture of support and despite not having the success they wanted, they pulled together and kept working for each other.

Not winning may have made many athletes bolt, but due to DJ, they wanted to stick it out and win here, in Ottawa, together.

I am very happy we have the core locked up and if that is part of DJs legacy then that is 1 very positive piece.
Does this actually look like a team that "pulled together and kept working for each other"?

The forwards don't help the defense, that's not working for each other. The only thing the forwards helped each other do is pad stats and get paid.

I don't think that's accurate. Most hoped for a new coach bump but expected a change in culture. We didn't get the coach bump, but listening to Jacques, we're at least getting the change in culture.

Reactions: dpw and LiseL

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's crazy how many people cannot comprehend what Stutzle is saying simply out of negativity. I understood it the first time I read it as thanking DJ for helping them earn those contracts.

What, DJ was supposed to last for 8 years with Tim Stutzle? People need to give their heads a shake lol

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
What's more amusing is the people that were convinced that the GM was a genius, the coach was top drawer, and everything was going well and anybody that couldn't see this was just dumb and blinded by hate.

:tinker:

I think they think that if things don't improve immediately that it will somehow justify the complete and utter shit show that this team was under Dorion and Smith.

I've never seen a group (very small) of fans pine for fired front office personnel who literally had NO success. It's wild stuff. Bordering on a cult-like mentality.

Reactions: HSF

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I think they think that if things don't improve immediately that it will somehow justify the complete and utter shit show that this team was under Dorion and Smith.

I've never seen a group (very small) of fans pine for fired front office personnel who literally had NO success. It's wild stuff. Bordering on a cult-like mentality.
After 5 years: "DJ needs more time with this roster at full health"

Also
"Why aren't we improving under Martin after 3 games and no practice herp derp"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Giroux had to tell Tim that it didn’t matter if he doesn’t like a system, everyone has to buy in?

What’s between Tim’s ears ?

Alfie legit may be there just to restrain Jacques from throwing a skate at someone

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
It's crazy how many people cannot comprehend what Stutzle is saying simply out of negativity. I understood it the first time I read it as thanking DJ for helping them earn those contracts.

What, DJ was supposed to last for 8 years with Tim Stutzle? People need to give their heads a shake lol

I do think it's open to interpretation. I don't think it's farfetched to believe that he meant that DJ was, indeed, one of the reasons why these guys signed long-term extensions here. They clearly loved the guy.

It's not like we had stable ownership or a track record of success when they signed, nor were they signing up to live in the most vibrant city for young millionaires that I can think of.

They liked the guys and the coach and wanted to stay together, at least for a while. But a year later, DJ is gone and Stützle is being asked to sacrifice offense for defense, all of a sudden.

Now, I don't think they're all going to ask to be traded because DJ was fired. But it may not be as easy getting them to buy in and turn things around as we might have hoped.

Winning cures all, though. So the sooner we can win, the happier everyone will be.

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I to would love the coach that let me play as many minutes as a wanted and let me do whatever I wanted on the ice

When you aren't used to accountability there is an adjustment period

Reactions: bert

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
lol eat a dick.

@Dionysus here you go. A quote I read. From stutzle.

Context may be missing obviously. But this is the quote

Thank you for the quote. I would read it more positively, a comment on G's leadership and how the young guys respect his experience.

The buy in on the ice will be telling. Words are meaningless, it's about actions for this group.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm not sure how to interpret Timmy's quote. Almost sounds like they all took hometown discounts to play for DJ.....which definitely isn't true as none of them are earning their contracts. But it's hard to tell. I guess all we can do is write it off as a bad media day or something.

I don't want to sound like an old fart, but I don't get these mood swings with the kids. Not just on the Sens but across the league. Like, wtf happened to this sport? You'd think DJ was murdered the way they're reacting to things.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thank you for the quote. I would read it more positively, a comment on G's leadership and how the young guys respect his experience.

The buy in on the ice will be telling. Words are meaningless, it's about actions for this group.
Well the actions from stutzle have been poor.

But why does giroux need to tell Stutzle “it doesn’t matter if you don’t like the system”. Is stutzle going around bitching? It just reeks to me. And his attitude on the bench and on the ice doesn’t reflect anything better than that quote.

lol

We will have to listen to the whole interview but .. lol

I'd like to hear what Brady told him.
It was likely giroux sitting them both down

(Don’t have a source that is speculation for anyone wondering)

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

For Giroux to respond this way, wouldn't it imply that someone was voicing their displeasure with the new system? Could we assume that someone was Stützle, given he admitted that it was he to whom Giroux was speaking?

I mean... good on Giroux to try to talk sense into him, I guess. I'll focus on that positive.

Reactions: LiseL

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well the actions from stutzle have been poor.

But why does giroux need to tell Stutzle “it doesn’t matter if you don’t like the system”. Is stutzle going around bitching? It just reeks to me. And his attitude on the bench and on the ice doesn’t reflect anything better than that quote.

It was likely giroux sitting them both down

(Don’t have a source that is speculation for anyone wondering)

Again, I see this as Stutzle trying to say something nice about Giroux and once again we are going after him for it.

By the end of the year Tim won’t be saying anything to anyone in the media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad