Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Anybody have the clip of Alfie talking to Stu on the bench and Stu just staring off into space? Bobby Ryan mentioned it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

“It was tough with the coaching change. I loved playing for him,” Stützle said. “He meant a lot. I’m a really thankful person and a loyal person. And a lot of the guys wouldn’t be here without him. And a lot of our guys wouldn’t have signed those contracts without him.”
“It was totally on the group in here and the way we played. I don’t think it’s ever on the coaching staff,” said Stützle. “And we take full accountability for that.”
“Jacques and Alfie have been around for such a long time, they know what they’re doing,” said Stützle. “They’re really positive all the time. And I think I’ve gotten better in my 200-foot game. I think my best is when I’m playing a good offensive and defensive game.”

Reactions: NyQuil and DrEasy

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Yo wtf at this quote.

I know he's a young guy, but it's embarrassing.

Is this locker room culture more toxic than what we saw in 17/18?

It's a different type of toxic, but it might be worse. These guys seem to have zero interest in winning.

Guys like Karlsson and Anderson may have had prickly personalities and did their own thing off the ice, but at least they busted their ass to win games.

Remember when Karlsson ripped into Brassard in that playoff game against the Bruins, and they both responded by scoring a massive 3rd period-tying goal?

That would never happen on this team. Tkachuk would never hold a teammate accountable, and if he did it to Stützle, Tim would sulk for two weeks.

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I know he's a young guy, but it's embarrassing.

Is this locker room culture more toxic than what we saw in 17/18?

It's a different type of toxic, but it might be worse. These guys seem to have zero interest in winning.

Guys like Karlsson and Anderson may have had prickly personalities and did their own thing off the ice, but at least they busted their ass to win games.

It's definitely more immature. I mean they are young but some of this entitlement seems over the top. And they don't even try to hide it. LOL.

I'd be embarrassed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Reactions to the quote similar to what we see here.
Its not clear if he meant (A) that they wouldn't have signed if it wasn't for DJ or (B) that DJ helped them get those contracts. It certainly seems like A when he says a lot of guys wouldn't have signed those contracts. I actually was leaning (B) but re-reading the quote it seems like (A)

A lot of the guys wouldn't have signed. Not he helped me earn my contract.. or helped me and others earn it... We wouldn't have signed ...

Almost seems like its been a subject of discussion

Last edited:
Reactions: Loach

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
"And a lot of the guys wouldn’t be here without him. And a lot of our guys wouldn’t have signed those contracts without him."

I take this to mean that DJ transitioned them into star NHL players and made those contracts happen for them. I don't know.. i could be wrong.

This idea that they are pouting doesn't make sense to me. They are bottom 5 in the league. The writing on the wall for DJ has been there since mid November. They all knew it was going to happen. I am sure they were/are sad to see their beloved coach go but I think they are more mad at themselves for not performing better.

At this stage, I am all for the tankathon. Another top prospect to replace Tarasenko/Giroux up front or to bolster our backend is going to pay off big time down the road.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018

What is he saying? We're not here because we want to win, because we support the team, the ownership, the fans? If not for DJ we wouldn't want to be here? In other words, now that Smith is gone those who signed those contracts no longer want to be here?
I might be amplifying what is actually going on but if he is saying "Do what we want or we won't play here" then there is a problem with only one solution.

I don't know who will be the first to ask for a trade but I think Stutzle will the first moved out.

Last edited:

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Anybody have the clip of Alfie talking to Stu on the bench and Stu just staring off into space? Bobby Ryan mentioned it.
This one is not from the most recent game so unsure if Bobby was talking about this specific moment, but here’s one from Alfie’s first game

Reactions: Loach

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
People looking at advanced stats for the small sample since Jacques and Alfie took over .. should be looking at head up their ass per 60... or
Pouts per 60... I don't think the sadness and disappointment they feel is very conducive to high end performance.

These babies just have to get their heads right.

They have new coaches with a different message .. that message stresses details that they were not expected to play , at least to the same extent... They are being asked to do things differently and they are pouting. Not all of them but some key players. They will not find any consistency until they change their mindset to buy in and stop this we wouldn't have signed nonsense

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I see no problem in this clip - Stutzle has done and absolutely nothing wrong.

Sad to see Sens nation so fragile. Man up ya’ bunch of softies
It was actually Bobby Ryan, a former player from YOUR ottawa senators that called out Stutzle for not paying attention to Alfie on the bench. I don’t know about you, but I’m probably trusting that a former player knows what’s happening on the bench.
Not your typical ‘sens fans are soft’ hot garbage ppl like to parade around…where there’s smoke, there’s fire

Reactions: NB613 and LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad