Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I've had a few businesses take me to dinner before at some pretty fancy restaurants, as part of a charm offensive to hire me or sell me their product. I guess something similar would be the main reason. Or if you're just a really rich business, you have some wiggle room for fun stuff (like season tickets) that nobody is going to blink an eye at when you look at the bottom line of your profit.

It would be a lot harder to justify for a small business unless you are really raking in the cash, or wooing new customers in person is a big part of your activities.
I could see 'timeshare' corp suites - like four microbreweries partner on the season - or the businesses of corydon partner - something like that...

With the amount of Winnipeg TNSE owns, I'd be surprised if they themselves don't make up the majority of the current 15%... paying yourself for a tax write-off isn't money laundering it just good business.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Can't businesses deduct 50% of entertainment costs? So you're getting tickets half price...
That's not how deductions work. You don't get 100% of your deduction back. You just don't pay tax on the amount in question. If your marginal tax rate is, say, 30% you reduce your tax burden by 30% of the deduction. Assuming you're taxable at all.

m.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
When questioned about his intention for travelling to Winnipeg,

Gary said he was "mystified by the tension" during his media press conference.

Like he hasnt heard the messaging from Chipman and co. regarding it "not working longterm".

Or Chris' Article...

So is Chipman and Chris full of shit?

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
"So 15% corporate support is robust?"

Kudos to Scott Billeck for having the gonads to ask a sassy followup question that resulted in an actual genuine/insightful response from Betman..

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
It just looks like a ghetto, which gives a horrible impression of the city. Ever see the front of thd air Canada building during the day? Isn’t there a Dollorama in the heart of Portage avenue? Yeah, that will attract free agents and suburban consumers.
Have you ever been to a Dollarama? There's all kinds of great stuff in there.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
long term we won't be able to spend to the cap if we don't sell out
But all the teams are able to win the Cup no matter their pay-roll. And it is a mathematical fact that if every team spent to the Cap then the Jets who spend to the Cap now would get millions refunded from their players. So the ones who are screwing Chipman are some of the other owners being cheap.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If the Jets are not relocating then WTH does "this will not work without 13,000 STHs" mean?
They want more corporate ticket holders to get that 15% up to be comparable to the percentage in other Canadian markets. I think it was always taken out of context and wasn't about drumming up individual season ticket sales. That's why Bettman is here, to help get corporate ticket holders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad