Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Thanks for the info. Talked to the tickets reps at the game tonight and yes no autographs. Photos with the players at set up station. 5-8pm and food in the restaurant. “ What the Moose have done before but at the NHL level”
2500 fans divided by 25 players equals roughly 100 fans per line. Just slightly smaller than lines to the washroom tonight.

Reactions: macmaroon

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Don't forget we don't just get local fans but a lot of fans coming in from more "neutral" areas like Sask and ND.

Also Leafs fans from NWO and Wild fans from northern MN.

Probably a lot of people who adopted other teams too from 1996-2011.

So between those factors we probably have more away team fans than most other Canadian markets.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
There seems to be a ton of "fans" of everyone but the Winnipeg Jets that are born and raised in Manitoba.

Must be an Inferiority complex, or just genuinely hating this part of the world. :sarcasm::huh:
Hey I wish it was all Jet jerseys in there every night, but every NHL building is like this. Toronto might be the exception given the volume of fans.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I find it odd that people who live in Manitoba go to a Jets game wearing and actively cheering for a team based in Pennsylvania. I only say this because there was a large amount of sPitt fans at the game.

There’s a lot of nba or mlb or nfl fans in Canada many of of whom have never been to even the state their team of choice plays in never mind the city

Conversely, I have met Jets fans who have never even been to Winnipeg or Manitoba, there’s fans like myself that are not Manitoban born & bred, but that cheer on the Jets, (mind you I have lived in Winnipeg though and I love the city)

People like their team of choice for various reasons. It can be as simple as team logos & colours to specific players to the organization itself. Penguins make sense they’d have fans all over due to generational stars like Lemieux and Crosby, but same applies to the Jets even if it’s a lesser extent (Didn’t Rutger say his favourite nhl team “growing up” was the Jets?)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Probably a lot of people who adopted other teams too from 1996-2011.

don’t underestimate this…

my son was 6 when the Jets left and 21 when they came back, so it is not surprising that he along with everyone he grew up with, are fans of other NHL teams. there is an entire generation of kids who are now in their 30s or older that the Jets are not their favorite team. In fact his favorite teams are Detroit and the Moose.

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
don’t underestimate this…

my son was 6 when the Jets left and 21 when they came back, so it is not surprising that he along with everyone he grew up with, are fans of other NHL teams. there is an entire generation of kids who are now in their 30s or older that the Jets are not their favorite team. In fact his favorite teams are Detroit and the Moose.
Dad? ... Red Wings are my 2nd. I will always cheer for our city! This is the way.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I like having options like being able to have 44 games or 23 games or even 11 games in the price range I want, but some unanswered questions.

Say you go for 23 games... do you get to pick the 23 games you want? Do you get priority over the public to pick your games so you still get high demand games? Do you get ticket vouchers to use how you want?

Reactions: sipowicz

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The season ticket holder event was a pretty good time tonight. At each player station there was time for a handshake and hello with the players and then a photo. I brought my youngest and she was having so much fun we did the full tour including going out on the ice.

Sarah was even there for photos and the media room was open to stand at the podium and take photos.

No coincidence that it was the day renewal packages arrived in the mail but certainly sent a good vibe to those that attended.

I really like the $100 a seat food and beverage vouchers depending on how long you have been a STH. These small things add up.

Even better that my seats only went up $44 a seat for the entire season next year.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
I like having options like being able to have 44 games or 23 games or even 11 games in the price range I want, but some unanswered questions.

Say you go for 23 games... do you get to pick the 23 games you want? Do you get priority over the public to pick your games so you still get high demand games? Do you get ticket vouchers to use how you want?
Also, would bobbleheads be available at the Quarter STM level? Renewing my Moose mini-pack for next year would automatically get me my AHLTV, so that's not important.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020

I used to have a Jets half season package and they picked the games for you. It was on an alternating basis, so every other game. Each year you got either the home opener or first dibs on the seat for the playoffs (as if the two were remotely comparable lol).

I never tried exchanging seats for games I couldn't make - I would just sell them on the resale market. But I guess it's possible they might accommodate people, within reason. i.e. I wouldn't expect them to trade Jets vs. Sharks tickets for Jets vs. Leafs.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
I used to have a Jets half season package and they picked the games for you. It was on an alternating basis, so every other game. Each year you got either the home opener or first dibs on the seat for the playoffs (as if the two were remotely comparable lol).

I never tried exchanging seats for games I couldn't make - I would just sell them on the resale market. But I guess it's possible they might accommodate people, within reason. i.e. I wouldn't expect them to trade Jets vs. Sharks tickets for Jets vs. Leafs.
Here's your cheat sheet.
Ticket Exchange.png

Reactions: jetsmooseice

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I find it odd that people who live in Manitoba go to a Jets game wearing and actively cheering for a team based in Pennsylvania. I only say this because there was a large amount of sPitt fans at the game.

There seems to be a ton of "fans" of everyone but the Winnipeg Jets that are born and raised in Manitoba.

Must be an Inferiority complex, or just genuinely hating this part of the world. :sarcasm::huh:
Possibly a lot of people just picked up strong fandom for certain teams during the years that the Jets were gone, versus something like hating Winnipeg.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The season ticket holder event was a pretty good time tonight. At each player station there was time for a handshake and hello with the players and then a photo. I brought my youngest and she was having so much fun we did the full tour including going out on the ice.

Sarah was even there for photos and the media room was open to stand at the podium and take photos.

No coincidence that it was the day renewal packages arrived in the mail but certainly sent a good vibe to those that attended.

I really like the $100 a seat food and beverage vouchers depending on how long you have been a STH. These small things add up.

Even better that my seats only went up $44 a seat for the entire season next year.
You didn't mention the most important detail (for me, anyway). What did they provide for food and bevvies? :laugh:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
You didn't mention the most important detail (for me, anyway). What did they provide for food and bevvies? :laugh:
My family won access to the VIP room where they had a small buffet of spring rolls, deep fried shrimp, and some other finger food. The highlight was getting a private audience with Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Connor, and Morrissey. My kids got their pennants signed along with a couple of jerseys. Also got Helle to sign a copy of his book.

m.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I also got them to sign my Winnipeg Sun Return of the Jets magazine

(Note the back cover).

m.
The ONLY positive about Nygard.....

Whether you:
Love Trudeau or hate him
Love Trump or hate him
Love NFL vs CFL
Love Crunchy PB vs Smooth PB (The smooth people are crazy to me!)
Took 4 vax shots or 0 vax shot
Hawaiian Pizza is great vs an abomination
Consider yourself proudly "woke" or think you are "awake"

We can all come together, hold hands, support one another in saying, in harmony, "F*CK that guy"!! May he rot in prison for the rest of his life. Lets heal this country with our hatred toward him. More hated in Winnipeg than our sidewalk snow removal, pot holes and WIFI coverage......

Sad to think he will forever be a stain on the first program in Jets 2.0 history.....ugly mug to live on forever for those who kept this memorable souvenir.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
The ONLY positive about Nygard.....

Whether you:
Love Trudeau or hate him
Love Trump or hate him
Love NFL vs CFL
Love Crunchy PB vs Smooth PB (The smooth people are crazy to me!)
Took 4 vax shots or 0 vax shot
Hawaiian Pizza is great vs an abomination
Consider yourself proudly "woke" or think you are "awake"

We can all come together, hold hands, support one another in saying, in harmony, "F*CK that guy"!! May he rot in prison for the rest of his life. Lets heal this country with our hatred toward him. More hated in Winnipeg than our sidewalk snow removal, pot holes and WIFI coverage......

Sad to think he will forever be a stain on the first program in Jets 2.0 history.....ugly mug to live on forever for those who kept this memorable souvenir.
Strictly speaking that wasn't the first in-game program - just a publication by the Sun to set up the 2011-12 season.

I actually met Peter Nygard at 529 once. He was such a sociable and friendly fellow; who knew he had such a dark side?

m.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Getting back to Season Ticket talk, as a share partner in ST since 2011, I'm royally pissed off that True North isn't making the Morrissey bobble head available to season ticket holders unless they buy tickets to additional games with the Morrissey bobble head as a promotion. The first promotion game is against the Wild a game I'm already going to with my son, and we have collected every bobble head since Andrew Ladd. Not only that the ticket prices are discounted on top of the bobble head while I'm paying the full rate without getting one. I don't know who makes their marketing decisions, but I swear they are doing their damn best to chase away every last season ticket holder. There is not a single advantage anymore to being a season ticket holder, other then to pay twice as much to watch games live as the single game ticket buyer.

• Wow
Reactions: wraithsonwings

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Getting back to Season Ticket talk, as a share partner in ST since 2011, I'm royally pissed off that True North isn't making the Morrissey bobble head available to season ticket holders unless they buy tickets to additional games with the Morrissey bobble head as a promotion. The first promotion game is against the Wild a game I'm already going to with my son, and we have collected every bobble head since Andrew Ladd. Not only that the ticket prices are discounted on top of the bobble head while I'm paying the full rate without getting one. I don't know who makes their marketing decisions, but I swear they are doing their damn best to chase away every last season ticket holder. There is not a single advantage anymore to being a season ticket holder, other then to pay twice as much to watch games live as the single game ticket buyer.
I would email True North public relations/marketing department about this issue. It's ridiculous that season ticket holders are being left out of this promotion.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Wait what? I thought season ticket holders were going to be able to pick up a bobblehead per seat?

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad