Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Where is Biz finding Jets tickets for $28? Were they talking US $? I’ve never seen that low, but then again, I’ve only ever bought from the official resale because I’m too paranoid about being scammed by other sites.
Groupon and fansfirst

Maybe mistook hearing fifteen for fifty :laugh:
I heard Thomson owns closer to 90%

• Wow
Reactions: imec

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Where is Biz finding Jets tickets for $28? Were they talking US $? I’ve never seen that low, but then again, I’ve only ever bought from the official resale because I’m too paranoid about being scammed by other sites.
Fansfirst

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
TNSE has f***ed themselves into a bit of a corner regarding ticket prices.

4000 unsold on Tuesday... smart play is to lower the price on walk ups to move them

BUT

Then it deincentivizes people from holding season tickets if they can get them cheaper on walk up

That's a bit of a pickle

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Chipman was asked about the customer service complaints people have had over the years and completely ignored the question

I wonder how many people like me (stubborn and spiteful) would at least consider coming back into the fold if TNSE were to say something like "hey, we took you for granted and treated you poorly because we thought we could, that cost us your support, and we're sorry"

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Chipman was asked about the customer service complaints people have had over the years and completely ignored the question

I wonder how many people like me (stubborn and spiteful) would at least consider coming back into the fold if TNSE were to say something like "hey, we took you for granted and treated you poorly because we thought we could, that cost us your support, and we're sorry"
That's his next card if attendance drops even further

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He admitted he's heard them, which is a start. I liked that he talked about working hard to earn people back. So to me that is an admission of a failure on their part.

Anyhow, most businesses don't apologize but if they learn from it that is the important thing for me anyhow. I don't need an apology, I just want to things improved for them to keep my business. We shall see how they go about it

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
Not sure what interview you all listened to... He spoke about the complaints/grumbling when he said his first response was he was aware and went on about how he can't fill up his gas tank without hearing something about the team. The 'not on our watch' was also in response to a question that specifically asked if a sale and relocation. There seems to be some people on this board with a blind hatred of Chipman/True North and want it to fail. Reminds a lot of the people that went on about how Chipman/True North were blocking the NHL return to Winnipeg because they were making enough money on the Moose.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think its closer to the opposite. The 15% seems more likely to me. Board seats can be negotiated based on other factors.

You might be thinking of the corporate season ticket holder % which is 15%?

I think the TNSE ownership split is something like 55/45 but I cannot find where I read that so I may be off on that.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
What kind of customer complaints are they getting? I never had a real bad experience at the games other then the pricing of stuff. But no one is forcing me to buy anything though.

I got my tickets for the Blues game lower bowl 70 bucks each on fansfirst

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I never had a real bad experience at the games other then the pricing of stuff. But no one is forcing me to buy anything though.
But what kind of business model has mediocrity as its goal??? Shouldn't we be looking for a GREAT experience instead of one that "isn't bad"? Shouldn't TSNE be encouraging us to buy stuff rather than being glad we're not being "forced"???

For me, it's about a complete experience and no matter how good the team is, not being able to enjoy the game fully because a so called "double" (2 ounces ain't a double in my world) sets me back $23 just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I frankly feel as though I'm treated with contempt.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The TNSE Wikipedia article says that Chipman and other local investors formed TNSE in 2001. Thomson became a minority owner in exchange for the Eaton's land where the arena now sits. Chipman and Thomson subsequently bought out the other partners.

It doesn't break down the percentages but I think the 15% figure people recall comes from the original land-swap (and that makes sense - 15% of the $133.5M construction cost of the arena is exactly $20.025M). If Thomson now has 3 seats on the 6 seat board, then it suggests that he and Chipman bought out the other partners so they ended up 50-50 - or pretty close.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Reminds me of a restaurant I saw in North Carolina one time...

kill-devil-hills.jpg

Reactions: SLAYER

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
But what kind of business model has mediocrity as its goal??? Shouldn't we be looking for a GREAT experience instead of one that "isn't bad"? Shouldn't TSNE be encouraging us to buy stuff rather than being glad we're not being "forced"???

For me, it's about a complete experience and no matter how good the team is, not being able to enjoy the game fully because a so called "double" (2 ounces ain't a double in my world) sets me back $23 just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I frankly feel as though I'm treated with contempt.

Treated with contempt because they sell the universally accepted definition of a double for a couple of dollars more than you'd pay at any of the restaurants surrounding the arena?

You can't please everybody applies to this topic.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Treated with contempt because they sell the universally accepted definition of a double for a couple of dollars more than you'd pay at any of the restaurants surrounding the arena?

You can't please everybody applies to this topic.
Also, "you get the product and service you deserve".

Across the street. Served at a table by a server. A glass made of, you know, glass. Premium liquor. Superior preparation. Oh, and, you don't have to buy a ticket to get in...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 10.57.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 10.57.02 AM.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 10.54.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 10.54.42 AM.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: SLAYER

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Was hoping Dregger asked specifically about the recent season ticket campaign that irked some of the fans (not me btw)

Chipman himself kinda addressed it on his own when he said they need to engage the prospective season ticket buyers in a " respectful " way.

Still, disappointed by Dregger that it wasn't brought up specifically. I wasn't offended but many fabs apparently were.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad