Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Noone seems to be mentioning revenue sharing. For a while the Jets we're actually not even needing it. But now I'm assuming they will be the beneficiary of it. They're investing in the arena . Ownership has deep pockets. Revenue sharing should help. Attendance should see an upswing if the team starts winning. People are over reacting on this relocation nonsense

Last edited:

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
No one is mentioning inflation, interest rates rising, and a glut of mortgage renewals either. These things are wreaking havoc on most people I know. Disposable income is shrinking and 100% of the people affected are choosing food, house payments and kids activities over Jets games.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Only in this market is this a f***ing story. Ottawa has been down attendance for years and you never heard a peep from the National media. It's pretty sad that our owner actually had to get infront of a camera about this.

True North may have a lot of stubborn pride and passion, but a fan base doesn't react very well to being threatened.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
That’s weird, I’m pretty sure the cheap seats were $20 a pop last week.

I don’t pay regular Moose prices, I always use the CAA 50% off discount and sit in the first row for $22.

$22... that's a great deal... that might actually get me to sign up for CAA again :laugh:

I usually only go to Moose games when there is a deal offered. Face value is too high considering I can go to a Bomber game for that kind of money, or throw in a few bucks more and get tickets to a Jets game on the resale market instead.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
74% capacity for the Jets tonight, the Senators were 75% so the Jets are not the only team having trouble filling their building

Most small markets are struggling to attract fans given the economic climate. Buffalo is also not fairing well in terms of attendance.

They really just have to ride this down cycle out and I'm sure things will normalize.

Noone seems to be mentioning revenue sharing. For a while the Jets we're actually not even needing it. But now I'm assuming they will be the beneficiary of it. They're investing in the arena . Ownership has deep pockets. Revenue sharing should help. Attendance should see an upswing if the team starts winning. People are over reacting on this relocation nonsense

They also have a more robust TV deal then when they started. Plus gambling and jersey/helmet advertising revenue. They will be ok to weather some down years.

oldcoot

Jan 25, 2012

True North may have a lot of stubborn pride and passion, but a fan base doesn't react very well to being threatened.

Reality is reality. You can be petulant about how money and economics work, but that won't keep the team here.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
At least it isn't as bad as the sabres and sharks have just barely better attendance. I think it will get better though. There are variables outside of hockey hitting some teams atm.
I'm more alarmed by what is happening in Ottawa, NJ and Buffalo. Those teams are stacked with young stars. Let's be honest, we don't have any marquee players here in Winnipeg, but if they start winning, the people will show up.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Chipman loves the Jets, he didn't work for YEARS to get the team back in Winnipeg to sell or move the team the very first time we aren't sold out since the team came back. People that think the Jets will move are probably the same people that said forget about Winnipeg ever getting a team back, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN .

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm more alarmed by what is happening in Ottawa, NJ and Buffalo. Those teams are stacked with young stars. Let's be honest, we don't have any marquee players here in Winnipeg, but if they start winning, the people will show up.

I think it's clear that small markets are having some issues right now. The cost of living has gone through the roof and the economy looks to be heading towards another slowdown. Heck even teams like the Flames in bigger markets are down a couple thousand fans a game this year. The Oilers can't seem to sell out with McJesus either. This is hardly a Winnipeg only problem.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

NJ is the 3rd team in that New York metro area. I'm less surprised that their attendance still isn't strong but I expect it increases through the season when they start playing games that matter.

Ottawa and Buffalo's attendance just kind of confirms to me what I've been saying - fans don't want to pay to watch a team lose, no matter how exciting the young guns are. They want to watch a good team win.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
NJ is the 3rd team in that New York metro area. I'm less surprised that their attendance still isn't strong but I expect it increases through the season when they start playing games that matter.

Ottawa and Buffalo's attendance just kind of confirms to me what I've been saying - fans don't want to pay to watch a team lose, no matter how exciting the young guns are. They want to watch a good team win.

The Islanders are also having some attendance issues.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Where is Biz finding Jets tickets for $28? Were they talking US $? I’ve never seen that low, but then again, I’ve only ever bought from the official resale because I’m too paranoid about being scammed by other sites.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Chipman loves the Jets, he didn't work for YEARS to get the team back in Winnipeg to sell or move the team the very first time we aren't sold out since the team came back. People that think the Jets will move are probably the same people that said forget about Winnipeg ever getting a team back, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN .
This!
I remember a few CJOB hosts putting down any thought of a return of the Jets. They were so negative I refused to listen to the station for years! Also a lot of folks who were against the big save the Jets rally in the 90's because they thought hospitals would close if the team was saved (thinking health care dollars would be diverted to the team).
I'm a life long Winnipegger and the small minded thinking always drives me crazy. I'm surprised we actually got new sports venues in this town.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Honestly, I just miss the atmosphere we had at games. Not sure why it changed, or how we could possibly get it back aside from winning electrifying games every night.

Reactions: HighFlyingJets

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I got to meet Mark years ago when he owned the Moose after a Moose game , very nice man , and i asked about ever getting a NHL team back and he smiled and said never give up hope. That was in 2005 and something about the way he looked at me and answered i actually had hope for the first time since 96 . He worked on this for a very long time and did it very quietly for Bettman and the NHL . No way he's going to let the team go without a very big fight.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I got to meet Mark years ago when he owned the Moose after a Moose game , very nice man , and i asked about ever getting a NHL team back and he smiled and said never give up hope. That was in 2005 and something about the way he looked at me and answered i actually had hope for the first time since 96 . He worked on this for a very long time and did it very quietly for Bettman and the NHL . No way he's going to let the team go without a very big fight.
I have a ton of respect for and faith in Chipman. Thomson is the wild card however. He comes from a family that's never, ever been sentimental about their investments. Anyone know what is his share in TNSE?

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I have a ton of respect for and faith in Chipman. Thomson is the wild card however. He comes from a family that's never, ever been sentimental about their investments. Anyone know what is his share in TNSE?
Thomson controls 3 of the 6 board seats on the TNSE board of directors. Typically that's an indicator of ownership stakes so it would be a safe bet that he has at least 50% but TNSE have never publicly commented on how ownership shakes out.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I believe 15 but i could be wrong.

Reactions: imec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad