Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pickle Rick

Nov 11, 2016
I know TN gets much heat over the cost of tickets, food and beverages ect... being very high. This survey has us 9th cheapest in the league, and second in Canada to Calgary, which is a complete sh!thole compared to our rink:

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA12Fyk6.img?w=420&h=729&m=6
I don't know how much stock I'd put into that chart when they have Jets at $139 CAD for a ticket, 2 beers, a hotdog, and parking... that number is way low. Are they talking cheapest seats in the house at season ticket price?

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I know TN gets much heat over the cost of tickets, food and beverages ect... being very high. This survey has us 9th cheapest in the league, and second in Canada to Calgary, which is a complete sh!thole compared to our rink:

https://time2play.com/ca-en/blog/most-expensive-arenas-watch-nhl-game/

NHL-game.jpg

Updated post with more information and the chart

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

https://time2play.com/ca-en/blog/most-expensive-arenas-watch-nhl-game/

NHL-game.jpg
The only reason Canadian teams are as low on that list as they are is because of the exchange rate is .73/us dollar. If the dollar was at or around par as it was when the Jets first came back and the next few seasons thereafter Toronto would be #1 on the list, Montreal would be #2, Vancouver would be #5, Edmonton would be #6, Winnipeg would be #11, Calgary would be #14 and Ottawa would be #17.

The low Canadian dollar distorts what people are spending to go to games in the Canadian markets relative to the American markets. It is much more expensive to attend games in Canada than the majority of US markets when controlling for the exchange rate.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
That's a very good question, and probably one of the reasons why the Jets (and other NHL teams) are going with other sources of revenue (such as the helmet and jersey ads). I'm not a season ticket holder, but I do go to games on occasion. I miss the old half price ($14) student tickets in the upper deck at the Jets 1.0 games (that takes me back). I actually don't mind paying the high prices to see the Jets play, as long as they are putting in an effort (like the pre-season home game against the Lames). But if they are going to play like they did last season, with little or no effort, why would anyone want to pay to see that? And with advertisements for season, half-season, quarter-season, and single game tickets, it looks like many fans didn't like the effort last season either. As the team goes, the fans will too. Play with apathy, and so will the fans (with closed wallets), but play with passion, and the fans will respond (especially around playoff time)! It's hard to say long term, but I doubt that Winnipeg will be the only NHL city where this will be a concern.
And don't forget the new regional Jets tv contract that commenced last year. Most reports I heard about the old contract were thought to be around $7 - $10 million per year. From what I have heard, the new contract is estimated to be 3 times the previous amount not far from the average of the $33 million per season that Ottawa received from their regional contract some years ago.

Reactions: macmaroon

angrymnky

May 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Still don't see how it's only $139 a game.

Cheapest lower bowl is $131 so that has be to the below the average price

Ad $15 for parking
$20 for drink and dog

That's a conservative $171 average night

Here's 2019-20 for family of four with a breakdown from the same org I believe.

VGKcost.png

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Just wait for 2 years (maybe sooner), when this team enters a rebuild due to players wanting out, aging, UFA. Not gonna be pretty in Peg city. Remember Bettman saying something like "this building better sell out every night, or it's not going to end well." :eek3:

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
1000 empty seats for the home opener, on a Friday night. Not a good sign….
About 700 short of a sellout, but the atmosphere was awesome. It definitely felt like the great energy of the Winnipeg crowd from previous years was back last night. I expect attendance this season to be much improved.

Also, I don't think other teams that have had down years are obsessing about their attendance the way people here seem to. Nashville over 2k short of a sellout, Buffalo was over 4k short for their home openers, etc etc. Are they making posts about how if their attendance doesn't pick up they might move?

Also, lots of teams in the US announce sellouts after they give away 2000 tickets before the game, inflating their attendance numbers. Jets don't do that.

For those that are concerned about attendance, buy some tickets to a game or three and support the team. I'm a season ticket holder since day 1 and plan to for the long haul. It's still one of the best things to do during the 5 months of frozen hell-scape winters we have.

The way some here talk about the team, it's like they WANT the Jets to fail so they could go back to wallowing in classic Winnipeger negativity and self pity. Not my scene.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
About 700 short of a sellout, but the atmosphere was awesome. It definitely felt like the great energy of the Winnipeg crowd from previous years was back last night. I expect attendance this season to be much improved.

Also, I don't think other teams that have had down years are obsessing about their attendance the way people here seem to. Nashville over 2k short of a sellout, Buffalo was over 4k short for their home openers, etc etc. Are they making posts about how if their attendance doesn't pick up they might move?

Also, lots of teams in the US announce sellouts after they give away 2000 tickets before the game, inflating their attendance numbers. Jets don't do that.

For those that are concerned about attendance, buy some tickets to a game or three and support the team. I'm a season ticket holder since day 1 and plan to for the long haul. It's still one of the best things to do during the 5 months of frozen hell-scape winters we have.

The way some here talk about the team, it's like they WANT the Jets to fail so they could go back to wallowing in classic Winnipeger negativity and self pity. Not my scene.
Assume this was an overall reaction and not just to my comment. I had just made an observation that was surprising the home opener wasn’t selling out. I don’t want them to fail, and I don’t wallow in self pity.

I attended about 10 games a year for the first decade…..won’t be giving true north another dime going forward, but still like watching the players play and reading all the content on HF 😁

Reactions: Buffdog

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
If the team can put together a solid season and make the playoffs, I think they can average 14,000 and change.

There are likely to be some mediocre crowds in the first half of the season when the games are perceived to mean less combined with factors like Mon-Wed games and less appealing opponents. The first game where those factors line up looks to be against St. Louis on a Monday. Probably end up getting 12500 - 13000 for that game. oh well....

hockeyisforkids

Dec 3, 2009
I'm out of town on saturday so I can't make the Jets game.Does anyone want to buy 2 or 4 tickets all together in section 106 row 13 on the aisle. I will split them in to twos if I have to $225 a ticket and they are great seats.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Question: I haven’t been to a Jets game live in about four years. What is the best platform to buy tickets from season ticket holders now that you can’t get them off of Kijiji.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Question: I haven’t been to a Jets game live in about four years. What is the best platform to buy tickets from season ticket holders now that you can’t get them off of Kijiji.

I have been using FansFirst.

Although I have noticed some really good deals on gametime.co this season. The discounts are so steep and plentiful that a more suspicious sort than me might wonder if TNSE wasn't dumping tickets likely to go unsold, kind of like how hotels do with Hotwire and Priceline.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
On Saturday, December 17 we're honouring our next generation of fans by giving a few lucky kids the opportunity to take over some of the biggest roles required to run an Oilers game at Rogers Place.

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Quite a few tickets still available vs the Canadiens for one of the premium games of the season. Doesn't bode well at all if we cant sell out another game this year :(

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
How many Yankees cross the border per game? Gotta be a good market from North Dakota, all that fracking money.

Bus tours etc, must be a thing.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Quite a few tickets still available vs the Canadiens for one of the premium games of the season. Doesn't bode well at all if we cant sell out another game this year :(
the jets will be fine, and if they start winning more and are in the playoff race more sell outs will happen

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad