OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
rum and eggnog... rum... and......

Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 1.30.17 AM.png

Reactions: Guadana

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Went to a womans college hockey game today. I'm 20 mins away from Baker Rink in Princeton. Game ended in a tie I forgot what that felt like. NCAA plays 3 on 3 for 5 mins and then if no goal it's a draw. Meh but, not disappointing. Saw better defensive structure and coverage. Sad I had to go there to find it!:laugh:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
bought a clarinet this afternoon...terrific condition.... had a very minor cork ring problem on one connection (dry, brittle) ...i've already done the repair with some ca glue and greased it.

value village 40 bucks total.... this should be fun to play :thumbu:

View attachment 777899

...time to break out my benny goodman records

View attachment 777900

You never fail to surprise. Enjoy it. I’d never be able to get a sound out if it.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
bought a clarinet this afternoon...terrific condition.... had a very minor cork ring problem on one connection (dry, brittle) ...i've already done the repair with some ca glue and greased it.

View attachment 777899

View attachment 777900

I played the clarinet through high school. I doubt I would willingly pick it up again now. :laugh:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Ranger fan coming in peace. A friend of mine told me her friend painted a bunch of Christmas decorations at the Rock.

I told my friend “I wish you didn’t tell me that” lol but it’s still pretty cool.

I can’t link her IG because it’s set to private but here’s one of them:

1701815797412.png

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

View attachment 777899

View attachment 777900
I'm really excited to read about that.
Do you like Jethro tull? Is it lazy question?

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
yes and no....they have some good stuff but also some not very good stuff...i remember not being impressed with songs from the wood album....but havent listened to it in forever
Don't know why but in the beggining I always listened them in the mix with Thin Lizzy. May be because both have T as a starting letter for two words band name. Thin lizzy was more of my thing.

My3Sons

Sponsor
lizzy >>> tull

I’d disagree but that’s probably an age thing. When I start listening to AOR radio in the 1970s Tull would definitely have been played more on WPLJ and WNEW. Thin Lizzy was never a big radio presence on the local airwaves at that point. Aqualung and Locomotive Breath and Bungle in the Jungle were mainstays.

Reactions: Guadana

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I’d disagree but that’s probably an age thing. When I start listening to AOR radio in the 1970s Tull would definitely have been played more on WPLJ and WNEW. Thin Lizzy was never a big radio presence on the local airwaves at that point. Aqualung and Locomotive Breath and Bungle in the Jungle were mainstays.

what? they didnt want to play all of thick as a brick on the air? :laugh:

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
what? they didnt want to play all of thick as a brick on the air? :laugh:

There was some edited version of that I heard from time to time but it was one of those things you heard when they did three in a row of a group (three for Thursday) and for Tull they had probably played the hits and Crosseyed Mary during the prior couple of days and had to dig a little deeper into thr plsylist.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don’t think it’s an age thing. Both teams built their sound on specific rythmic and folk fundamentals. I believe it’s just more of what is closer to you.

I listened some japan music in animation and talked more attention to, and I think they are doing better compositing work, better detailing than what Europeans and Americans did, but because we were born and grown in specific environment, I still cant give my heart and listen Japanese music as often as I do with Euro/US music.

And I think it is translating to our more specific sides of taste. Reason why I’m more toleranted to some modern rock and metal, when some older guys can’t grow from good old heavy metal days. Even when I’m listen some bad stuff from my young days, I still can catch old vibe and some modern good material of that type of music can find my attention and create emotions inside me.

it sounds like it’s an some kind of age thing.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
There was some edited version of that I heard from time to time but it was one of those things you heard when they did three in a row of a group (three for Thursday) and for Tull they had probably played the hits and Crosseyed Mary during the prior couple of days and had to dig a little deeper into thr plsylist.

speaking of radio edits..... 1:05-1:25 ...comical

also ...the 8 track version of the wall .....another brick in the wall part ll is butchered to f***... the classic solo is a shell of what its supposed to be due to tape length constraints

My3Sons

Sponsor
speaking of radio edits..... 1:05-1:25 ...comical

also ...the 8 track version of the wall .....another brick in the wall part ll is butchered to f***... the classic solo is a shell of what its supposed to be due to tape length constraints

Radio edits were a common thing back then. The issue of course was that when I was little you had very limited options for music. You had the radio, your home stereo system, or a musical instrument. The Walkman wasn’t really a thing until 1980-1981. Even then it was considered rude back then to tune out the world and just listen to it with other people around and it was awkward to use it and drive a car. So typically you were stuck with the two or three rock stations on he dial and they likely had edited versions of the longer songs (Freebird, We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions, etc.) but I think we got all of Stairway and Born to Run and A Day in the Life.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I played the clarinet through high school. I doubt I would willingly pick it up again now. :laugh:

any tips? i'm wasting time before the game messing around with it.....my right pinky is having a hard time .....broke it as a kid in the 80's public skating and it only has two places it likes to be.....straight or fully bent.....when bending is 'clicks' over to the other position ...not smooth ...its awkward and uncomfortable.....finger also bends towards thumb like a bird talon...i cant stretch it outwards

sooo glad it wasnt my left hand due to guitar playing...learned early on to use all fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad