OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just saw online The Eagles Farewell tour dates for 2024...

Kind of funny. It's like those furniture stores that have going out of business sales every 6 months for 10 years.

IMG_20230919_190447951.jpg

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Kind of funny. It's like those furniture stores that have going out of business sales every 6 months for 10 years.

View attachment 770954

clowns.

what the f*** are these pukes charging in 2024?

CCR kicks their asses every f***ing time

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

View attachment 770954
Kiss is the one band that seems to have the most “Farewell” tours. I think they’re currently on one right now.

I remember their farewell tour in the 90s. :laugh:

Motley Crue swore they were done not even 10 years ago and came back.

Vince Neil has both looked and sounded like shit for years now.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Kiss is the one band that seems to have the most “Farewell” tours. I think they’re currently on one right now.

I remember their farewell tour in the 90s. :laugh:

Motley Crue swore they were done not even 10 years ago and came back.

Vince Neil has both looked and sounded like shit for years now.
Vince Neil is hilarious. I never liked their music, but I would go to their free concert(if they would decided to make it somewhy) just for listening him and pump my mood.

Axel Rose isn’t in the good shape as singer often. They should talk with Plant about how to save skill in later ages.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Vince Neil is hilarious. I never liked their music, but I would go to their free concert(if they would decided to make it somewhy) just for listening him and pump my mood.

Axel Rose isn’t in the good shape as singer often. They should talk with Plant about how to save skill in later ages.
Plant sets up the songs to reflect his diminished capacity.

Reactions: Guadana

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I still think it's weird to see vocalist in my their 60's and 70's trying to do what they did in their 20's.

It just feels sad and desperate to me.

I don't seem to mind musicians like guitarist and bassist playing at a ripe old age but singers...

You're done dude.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Plant sets up the songs to reflect his diminished capacity.
Yeah, he is talented enough to tune the mix and write more great songs with new vocal themes for his actual form. Still pretty good.
- its literally one of the greatest songs of 2010's. In terms of song writing and arrangement.

- he is still in the shape(at least he was in his late 2010's) to create more actual interesting material. He is in miles ahead of Purple, Sabbath and Maiden(sorry, guys, it is what it is) in making fresh music with his own sound. Probably among rock musicians he has perhaps the longest and diverse creative career of musical interest. Brodeur from the world of rock music.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Yeah, he is talented enough to tune the mix and write more great songs with new vocal themes for his actual form. Still pretty good.
- its literally one of the greatest songs of 2010's. In terms of song writing and arrangement.

- he is still in the shape(at least he was in his late 2010's) to create more actual interesting material. He is in miles ahead of Purple, Sabbath and Maiden(sorry, guys, it is what it is) in making fresh music with his own sound. Probably among rock musicians he has perhaps the longest and diverse creative career of musical interest. Brodeur from the world of rock music.

he has adopted the rustic folk music genre in recent years and his touring band includes both traditional guitar drums bass and some offbeat instruments like a rustic violin of some sort and some flute for some shows. I saw him in a place that holds about 50 people maybe 10 years ago. I sat about five feet in front of him. It was really amazing. He seems like a nice enough guy all things considered.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
he has adopted the rustic folk music genre in recent years and his touring band includes both traditional guitar drums bass and some offbeat instruments like a rustic violin of some sort and some flute for some shows. I saw him in a place that holds about 50 people maybe 10 years ago. I sat about five feet in front of him. It was really amazing. He seems like a nice enough guy all things considered.
We have him and Blackmore, who decided to pick... folk music path. Some kind of. Blackmores night is generic music, nothing really special. Plant released great music material. With a lot of direction and mind.This is a nice example where a musician shows individual growth, development and a direct reflection of the gained experience, and not fading away.

Lullaby and Carry fire - two last albums are great present for music lovers. It's like fundamental musical novels against the background of pulp fiction.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I always love the week before Thanksgiving. I went on a day date to a couple local restaurants with my wife today, and I'm having friends over tonight. Then tomorrow I will do some leisurely prep for Thursday, when I am having 20-25 members of our extended families over to our new house. Should be fun!

My3Sons

Sponsor
I always love the week before Thanksgiving. I went on a day date to a couple local restaurants with my wife today, and I'm having friends over tonight. Then tomorrow I will do some leisurely prep for Thursday, when I am having 20-25 members of our extended families over to our new house. Should be fun!
20-25 family members is not going to be fun. Someone is getting shanked during rec time.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I need to figure out a way to organize leftover fly tying materials. A lot of times I'll use a feather or piece of wire or tinsel to tie a fly and I am left with extra that can tie two or three more flies.. I don't want to throw the stuff away so I put it in a plastic box. But it gets unruly... feathers of all different sizes, I never really know what is in the box of scraps so I end getting a fresh piece of material out even though I have something in the box

I'll take any suggestions on how to be better organized.

IMG_20231122_120338161.jpg

Last edited:

My3Sons

Sponsor
I need to figure out a way to organize leftover fly tying materials. A lot of times I'll use a feather or piece of wire or tinsel to tie a fly and I am left with extra that can tie two or three more flies.. I don't want to throw the stuff away so I put it in a plastic box. But it gets unruly... feathers of all different sizes, I never really know what is in the box of scraps so I end getting a fresh piece of material out even though I have something in the box

View attachment 771606

What distinguishes the various categories? Length or color or texture? Make piles of what makes sense. Put the piles in zip locks. Get the ones with a spot on the bag you can write on. Label accordingly. Put the bags in a bigger bag or box and label the big bag or box. Put 3 ounces of Johnnie Walker green over a sealed ice ball in a hiball glass. Add a few drops of water. Cut the cap on a five year old Rome y Julieta Belicoso. Light and enjoy along side the scotch. Problem solved.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What distinguishes the various categories? Length or color or texture? Make piles of what makes sense. Put the piles in zip locks. Get the ones with a spot on the bag you can write on. Label accordingly. Put the bags in a bigger bag or box and label the big bag or box. Put 3 ounces of Johnnie Walker green over a sealed ice ball in a hiball glass. Add a few drops of water. Cut the cap on a five year old Rome y Julieta Belicoso. Light and enjoy along side the scotch. Problem solved.
Size and color distinguish the different feathers. Size is the length of the individual barbules. The length of the barbules needs to be proportional to the size of hook.

I'm more of Bourbon than Scotch guy but right there with you on the cigar.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Size and color distinguish the different feathers. Size is the length of the individual barbules. The length of the barbules needs to be proportional to the size of hook.

I'm more of Bourbon than Scotch guy but right there with you on the cigar.
Have bags labeled "short [color group]" and "long [color group]. And the RyJ should be the "real" one.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO

View attachment 771606
I thought this was the aftermath of your Thanksgiving turkey at first. 😳

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I thought this was the aftermath of your Thanksgiving turkey at first. 😳
Lol. You wouldn't believe how expensive quality chicken feathers are. This is why I try not to waste them

There are farms that genetically breed chickens solely for fly tying feathers.

Whiting Farms is really the best breeder of hackles...these are the prices for quality hackle. This is their their silver grade (bronze, silver gold). Higher the grade, you get more feathers on a cape but also longer fuller feathers.

Rare colors are even more expensive.
This a beautiful barred ginger .. almost a Cree. Cree is one of the most sought after colors. And a quality Cree cape can actually start a bidding wars with people spending $600/$700 on chicken feathers.

Last edited:

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
Lol. You wouldn't believe how expensive quality chicken feathers are. This is why I try not to waste them

There are farms that genetically breed chickens solely for fly tying feathers.

Whiting Farms is really the best breeder of hackles...these are the prices for quality hackle. This is their their silver grade (bronze, silver gold). Higher the grade, you get more feathers on a cape but also longer fuller feathers.

Rare colors are even more expensive.
This a beautiful barred ginger .. almost a Cree. Cree is one of the most sought after colors. And a quality Cree cape can actually start a bidding wars with people spending $600/$700 on chicken feathers.

Holy crap you’re right, those are expensive!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
this is from 2016 that has become part of the arsenal of thanksgiving...so f***ing perfect.

direction 6 is the key.....the tilt to drain

but it is best made night before and reheated ...slices better that way and one less thing to do on the actual turkey day cooking

actually stuffing the bird is a fool's game

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Probably of no interest to anyone but as a fly tyer I geek out on stuff like this.

This is Dr. Whiting giving a tour and explaining his farm to the guys from a fly fishing company named Fly Fishing Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad