OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yes. Bow season in NJ starts in September and goes all the way to February.

But the end of October into early November starts the breeding season. Bucks start seeking out receptive does and become much more aggressive towards other bucks. The woods can go from dead silent to a frenzy in a second... fighting, chasing territorial displays of dominance... it's amazing to see a dominant buck with a swollen neck, bristled up with his ears pinned back, walking stiff legged and grunting.

I don't know what it is about it but nothing gets me more invigorated than to be up close to that.

The best of it will only last until around the middle of November and drop off pretty quickly. So in the next 8 days or so more than 2/3 of adult does will have been bred and the rut will trickle out with some breeding activity going into January but nothing as significant as the first two weeks of November.
Are you sitting one the tree?

Its is my.. some kind of new hobby. I did it the whole summer. Trying to climb on the tree on reasonable height. My favorite was a tree on the beach with the Baltic sea on the one side and the dark pine forest from the other side. Beautiful view. And some childish feelings in the process of climbing.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Kind of cracks me up to hear people make fun of "grits" and then praise polenta....*gazes in the direction of the pretentious Europeans*
Who doesn't like grits and why? Its a perfect food. buckwheat, oatmeal, bulgur, wheat porridge - something once or twice per day. Im a big fan of bucketwheat. Its a perfect food as a dish, as a healthy product.

Every once in a while I find that there’s someone who sings and hums a lot, and they do a terrible job at it. And it’s really hard on the ears.

And you really just wanna tell them to shut the f*** up, but you also like this person. Sometimes it’s even a close family member.

And I’ve also told her things that were much less offensive than “You’re singing voice is terrible and sucks. Shut the f*** up!” and she’s not reacted well to them and gets upset by much less than “please stop singing”. It’s a very elderly woman I work.

I have to start playing videos and things to drown her out and I still hear the horrible humming (sometimes it’s singing) in the background.

Next is gonna be some really loud music that will scare her out of the building.
Its a good time for some groove death metal.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Are you sitting one the tree?

Its is my.. some kind of new hobby. I did it the whole summer. Trying to climb on the tree on reasonable height. My favorite was a tree on the beach with the Baltic sea on the one side and the dark pine forest from the other side. Beautiful view. And some childish feelings in the process of climbing.
Yes. I'm about 16/17 feet up in a tree on a platform.

I carry a platform and 4 climbing sticks.
The sticks and the platform attach to the tree with cam buckle straps. It's very comfortable once set up. It takes me about 10 minutes to get up.

I also use a safety harness and a linemans rope for climbing. If done right, it's very efficient and safe.

IMG_20220122_122728173_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220122_124045010_HDR_1.jpg

IMG_20220122_125802837_HDR_1.jpg

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yes. I'm about 16/17 feet up in a tree on a platform.

I carry a platform and 4 climbing sticks.
The sticks and the platform attach to the tree with cam buckle straps. It's very comfortable once set up. It takes me about 10 minutes to get up.

I also use a safety harness and a linemans rope for climbing. If done right, it's very efficient and safe.

View attachment 766618

View attachment 766622

View attachment 766623
Nice. Im using hands and brunches like an old school monkey. But the tree should be with branches on the 1.5-2 meters height. I cant jump and pull up higher. I should think about tools for next year.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Like an axe and a chainsaw?
) Perhaps some girths, hooks, maybe more suitable shoes, maybe a small rope to wrap the trunk around. It may seem strange, but strangeness not that important to me. I was just thinking about it, I tried climbing trees this summer and I really liked it physically. A simple uncomplicated process that brings joy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
was pretty cold tonight so i threw on the Devils onesie...

i cant be the only grown adult with one, right??
I think they’re fairly common, but I would imagine it wouldn’t be very comfortable for me.

I have a hard time falling asleep with a shirt on, unless I’m in a cold place with no heat.

Even if it’s cold and I’ll sleep shirtless under blankets.

I can’t sleep in pants either. Shorts? Always. Pants? Noooooo.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I think they’re fairly common, but I would imagine it wouldn’t be very comfortable for me.

I have a hard time falling asleep with a shirt on, unless I’m in a cold place with no heat.

Even if it’s cold and I’ll sleep shirtless under blankets.

I can’t sleep in pants either. Shorts? Always. Pants? Noooooo.
oh same! i cant sleep with much, if anything, on and be as comfy as id normally be; its a sensory thing im sure lol

but i got the onesie on because its Sunday and this is my favorite night to stay up late and game.. cause most Sunday's for me are watch sports and relax, maybe sleep half the day away who cares

so the onesie is quality warmth for my WoW and League session lmao; and im glad others have them cause idk how long its been but i saw an offer for them once and couldnt resist

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
oh same! i cant sleep with much, if anything, on and be as comfy as id normally be; its a sensory thing im sure lol

but i got the onesie on because its Sunday and this is my favorite night to stay up late and game.. cause most Sunday's for me are watch sports and relax, maybe sleep half the day away who cares

so the onesie is quality warmth for my WoW and League session lmao; and im glad others have them cause idk how long its been but i saw an offer for them once and couldnt resist

Is WoW the World of Warcraft game? Is League the League of Legends game?

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Is WoW the World of Warcraft game? Is League the League of Legends game?
correct!

League of Legends is (or was) the most popular game on the planet for a while but i find it common a lot havent heard of it.. except for it being the game where you never stop clicking with your mouse lmao

WoW being World of Warcraft though, now thats a big one! WoW was a cultural change in some ways during the early 2000s

i used to be an insanely-dedicated gamer but also spent so much time playing it became less about fun and more about just doing.. now i truly enjoy my time gaming so its exciting all over again!

My3Sons

Sponsor
correct!

League of Legends is (or was) the most popular game on the planet for a while but i find it common a lot havent heard of it.. except for it being the game where you never stop clicking with your mouse lmao

WoW being World of Warcraft though, now thats a big one! WoW was a cultural change in some ways during the early 2000s

i used to be an insanely-dedicated gamer but also spent so much time playing it became less about fun and more about just doing.. now i truly enjoy my time gaming so its exciting all over again!

I recall buying WoW for my oldest in maybe 2006-2007? He never really got into it but he loved and may still love League. He was quite good at that one.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I recall buying WoW for my oldest in maybe 2006-2007? He never really got into it but he loved and may still love League. He was quite good at that one.
League is a very competitive game so if hes good thats awesome! not to toot my own horn but im quite good myself; ive been playing since the game's release

WoW is such a large game with endless content that it really envelops you.. but also can be very daunting to those who arent into that style of games

as someone with ADHD i myself sometimes waste hours away in WoW doing nothing but flying around, letting my imagination run wild lol; though i could see someone without an attention deficit becoming flustered with just how expansive and complex the game is

My3Sons

Sponsor
League is a very competitive game so if hes good thats awesome! not to toot my own horn but im quite good myself; ive been playing since the game's release

WoW is such a large game with endless content that it really envelops you.. but also can be very daunting to those who arent into that style of games

as someone with ADHD i myself sometimes waste hours away in WoW doing nothing but flying around, letting my imagination run wild lol; though i could see someone without an attention deficit becoming flustered with just how expansive and complex the game is

Years ago he used to watch the WoW championships on one of the channels dedicated to that sort of thing back then. Maybe it was G4? The best player was a European teenager called Grubby. I was never sure if he understood the English implication of that nickname. He also plays a strategy game called TFT if memory serves. My middle son is more into XBox games like Red Dead and Skyrim and so on. My youngest is more Madden NBA and NHL. I’ve never gotten past modern pinball machines and asteroids.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Years ago he used to watch the WoW championships on one of the channels dedicated to that sort of thing back then. Maybe it was G4? The best player was a European teenager called Grubby. I was never sure if he understood the English implication of that nickname. He also plays a strategy game called TFT if memory serves. My middle son is more into XBox games like Red Dead and Skyrim and so on. My youngest is more Madden NBA and NHL. I’ve never gotten past modern pinball machines and asteroids.
oh wow - blast from the past!!

yes G4 was likely the channel for sure. and as for Grubby ive heard the name but i didnt find the pro scene in WoW until around 2010, when names like Reckful (RIP) and so on were all the rage

TFT is actually a strategy-based games known as an auto-chess player; its based inside of League of Legend's platform.. so a game within a game basically

as for sports games i mostly play them offline in seasons; though me and my buddies do play NHL squads (a team of 6 including goalie) once a week or so, and its always a blast

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've spent about 60 hours sitting in trees for the last two weeks :laugh:

Yesterday morning was so cold. My vehicle said 28 degrees when I got out at 5:30am. Felt colder Gorgeous morning though

IMG_20231109_152147619_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
1e136f8b7905490a38e586562fc5a44b_400x400.jpeg

Anyway, I was today years old when I learned the Italian method of making macarons. Much less touchy than the French method.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Time to make a post about music

Its Baroness. they are making good rock music with some lyric fleur. Their cover art is beatigful, made by their lead singer\rythm guitarist.

Sirotkin is a local music band, they are making absolutely great music, can give you some Sting vibe by music. Or other refferences, I believe you will know it better.

M83 is a band from France, they are making french elecro pop with sweet old futuristic sound.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Time to make a post about music

Its Baroness. they are making good rock music with some lyric fleur. Their cover art is beatigful, made by their lead singer\rythm guitarist.

Sirotkin is a local music band, they are making absolutely great music, can give you some Sting vibe by music. Or other refferences, I believe you will know it better.

M83 is a band from France, they are making french elecro pop with sweet old futuristic sound.

I definitely hear the Sting in that Sirotkin track. Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad