OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Passaic, NJ f*** yes

incredible footage

Easily my favorite iteration of thr band. It included Adrian Belew. I’m not exactly sure how to categorize it - punk, new wave, no wave, pop punk, but the two things that have to be included in any serious retrospective of modern rock are the Once in a Lifetime video and any video of a night where Belew got rolling live on Crosseyed and Painless. I think the Rome 1980 video is the most impressive I’ve seen.

My3Sons

Sponsor
This is really good. A bit long but the earlier version of the Levee breaks and it's evolution is pretty interesting.

Thanks for sharing that. Great watch for anyone interested in Levee Breaks as a track. I will suggest that although the drums get the credit I think the blues harmonica that drives it is part and parcel of the haunting drive the song has. It’s one or two on my Zeppelin track list with Kashmir depending upon my mood. Really great stuff. Page Plant and Jones not giving it another go for a bit is a tragedy.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
My wife and I closed on a new house on Friday. Very excited to move, but now selling my current house and moving all of our stuff is going to be crazy. We’re staying in the same area, so it’s not too bad, but moving is always rough.

a nicer property? a south facing backyard? more liveable space inside? cashing in?

just curious as you mentioned in the same area.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
a nicer property? a south facing backyard? more liveable space inside? cashing in?

just curious as you mentioned in the same area.

Larger house. We’re planning to have another kid sometime soon and will need the extra space and additional bedroom.

The house we're leaving was the starter house, this one will be the forever house, or at least that’s the idea.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You would like to live here(no you don’t).
But forests are full of animals. And lakes are full of fish(norther from here).
I really want to get to Kamchatka. I had an opportunity to go around 2010 and it didn't come together on my part. But I really do hope to get there someday.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I really want to get to Kamchatka. I had an opportunity to go around 2010 and it didn't come together on my part. But I really do hope to get there someday.

Yeah, it’s a great place for people who loves nature, Karelia is a great region for camping, hunting and fishing too. There are a lot more(country is big). A lot of untouched lands, we have our own lands of tribes who live their own way and live by herd deers. Hope when big guys will decide that cold war 2.0 isn’t fun game to play, you will find and opportunity to visit.

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah, it’s a great place for people who loves nature, Karelia is a great region for camping, hunting and fishing too. There are a lot more(country is big). A lot of untouched lands, we have our own lands of tribes who live their own way and live by herd deers. Hope when big guys will decide that cold war 2.0 isn’t fun game to play, you will find and opportunity to visit.
I would love to visit St. Petersburg and the northern portion of Karelia...as well as Finland.

But with the political climate, it seems like bad timing?

I don't worry much about other fishermen, we all seem to have an understanding that seems to transcend geo-political issues...but I do fear an overall anti-American sentiment in the cities and just in general.

Politics have never stopped me from traveling to Mexico, Cuba, Honduras or Guatemala to fish but I never have traveled to a place that was in an active war.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I would love to visit St. Petersburg and the northern portion of Karelia...as well as Finland.

I don't worry much about other fishermen, we all seem to have an understanding that seems to transcend geo-political issues...but I do fear an overall anti-American sentiment in the cities and just in general.

Politics have never stopped me from traveling to Mexico, Cuba, Honduras or Guatemala to fish but I never have traveled to a place that was in an active war.

Imagine that if you are friendly and respectful of the locals it will be reciprocated. That’s been true everywhere I’ve gone

Reactions: Guadana and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Imagine that if you are friendly and respectful of the locals it will be reciprocated. That’s been true everywhere I’ve gone
That is exactly how it's always work for me in the past. But the current events seem a bit more of an extreme case.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Am… russians are very friendly. Of course you theoretically can meet bad person, but it’s not like you can’t do it in philly or LA or San Francisco. And the amount of this bad person is lower, they are not building cities and don’t capture a blocks. Some people are very anti russians in everything that happening, some are just regular and some are pro, but if you will not saying something against, they will be friendly or just busy to interact. I would say most of people are friendly with people who are friendly with them.
It’s a question of how make documents now. I dont think it’s easy now. And you should understand that sometimes airports can be close because of potential act of terror. It’s really not a time to travel if I like to live here, I admit that people who are investing time, money, they may find themselves in an unpleasant or potentially dangerous situation. I understand that war make a lot of money and it’s not like sides wanna stop this in the near future. But I hope prolongation of the situation on all sides will aggravate the economic problems of all parties, which will negatively affect support, and the lack of support should automatically create a vacuum for people who want to receive this support. That will push the countries to search for compromises and negotiations. Which still happens in the end.
But you should not worry about “anti American sentiment” especially in St Petersburg and Moscow.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

And you should visit Finland, it’s a great country with beautiful people, great nature and beautiful weather if you like cold. Americans and Russians are more agressive or passive or crazy or quite but crazy. Finns we’re all good to interact. Kind and pleasant. I’m not fisherman but from what I understand, finns like to fish and they have better infrastructure for it. I could be wrong easily.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And you should visit Finland, it’s a great country with beautiful people, great nature and beautiful weather if you like cold. Americans and Russians are more agressive or passive or crazy or quite but crazy. Finns we’re all good to interact. Kind and pleasant. I’m not fisherman but from what I understand, finns like to fish and they have better infrastructure for it. I could be wrong easily.
My favorite is no infrastructure at all ;)

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Peak foliage map.

Screenshot_20230927-094328_1.png

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Just add some ehs to your sentences and say you're from Canada lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad