Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
If Chabot doesn’t get better the Sens are cooked.
not as bad as you fear.

Chabot and Zub could become that time chewing 2nd pair that eats clock, but does not help or hurt.
Chabot and Jensen will be the same.

Sanderson, Zub, will be a good pair, and Sanderson will be a year older and better at puck moving
Sanderson, Jansen will be similar
Sanderson, JBD will be okay offensively, not reliable defensively. But will get you points.

Klevin, Jansen... Good 3rd pair that will be big and so; eat minutes while not hurting.
Klevin, JBD... a crazy mish-mash. It could give JDB the confidence to be more creative offensively.

they are not the 1976/77 Habs, but way more stable than before

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I didn't know Chabot had such a backlash for not wanting to play for the Canadiens

And then you have so many Sens fans who would want to get rid of him at the first occasion... when his fanbase should be behind him and proud to have him...

If things don't turn around this season, I hope he gets traded away from here to a Contender

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't know Chabot had such a backlash for not wanting to play for the Canadiens

And then you have so many Sens fans who would want to get rid of him at the first occasion... when his fanbase should be behind me and proud to have him...

If things don't turn around this season, I hope he gets traded away from here to a Contender
Wth is wrong with MTL fans attacking a player and their fiancee for having their rebuilding team on their NTC...

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
montreal fans are idiots, what else is new

his rumored no trade list is interesting
"His list also includes the Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Carolina Hurricanes, Dallas Stars, Vegas Golden Knights, Nashville Predators, Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks."

Reactions: bert

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wth is wrong with MTL fans attacking a player and their fiancee for having their rebuilding team on their NTC...

Chabot is from the Quebec province... That's not what is surprising. Some Habs fans are always upset when we hear that a QC player doesn't want to play for the Habs. Vincent Lecavalier once said that IIRC and now he works for them

I was surprised because the list was made public. Really not ideal for Thomas being from Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chabot is from the Quebec province... That's not what is surprising. Some Habs fans are always upset when we hear that a QC player doesn't want to play for the Habs. Vincent Lecavalier once said that IIRC and now he works for them

I was surprised because the list was made public. really not ideal for Thomas being from Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce
Complaining about it on twitter or HF boards is fine, going onto the spouse's IG and harrassing her is gross, I know it's likely just a few bad apples, but they aren't doing themselves any favours, no wonder he among others have no interest in playing for that fan base...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Complaining about it on twitter or HF boards is fine, going onto the spouse's IG and harrassing her is gross, I know it's likely just a few bad apples, but they aren't doing themselves any favours, no wonder he among others have no interest in playing for that fan base...

Yeah, there's some of these bad apples in every fanbase but more in Leafs and Habs as it is so big. It is the reason why some QC players wouldn't want to play for Montreal, the pressure is not sane here at times.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Simpson may have burned a bridge with that one, releasing a team or two of interest is one thing, and leaves plausible deniability that it was actually leaked, but you put out the full list and it's accurate, the player knows someone betrayed his trust.
Hopefully the Sens can do some damage control.. this is something that could make a player sour on the team pretty easily.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Whoever leaked that listed needs to be fired from the organization. Nothing good comes from making that information public right now.

But since it is public....why in the world did he pick the exact teams most players actively want to go to?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

And then you have so many Sens fans who would want to get rid of him at the first occasion... when his fanbase should be behind him and proud to have him...

Chabot doesn't go for the stereotypical blonde bimbo NHL chuds almost always go for?

I instantly like him more. A man of culture and taste who also realizes Montreal is a dump that is worth visiting, not living in.

No real problem with Simpson saying MTL is on his list, who cares? Habs fans dislike him more? Awesome.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
He put Nashville, Dallas, Vegas, Florida, and Tampa on his no trade list?

It sounds like Chabot might have made a mistake and thought he had a 10-team trade list, not a 10-team no trade list.

Chabot doesn't go for the stereotypical blonde bimbo NHL chuds almost always go for?

I instantly like him more. A man of culture and taste who also realizes Montreal is a dump that is worth visiting, not living in.

No real problem with Simpson saying MTL is on his list, who cares? Habs fans dislike him more? Awesome.

There is nothing wrong with getting a hockey wife off the factory line, they are tried, tested, and true. But I get what you're saying. I like that he is a contrarian. I think we should give him the C.

He probably just doesn't want to play in front of their psychopathic fans. I doubt it has anything to do with the city. The fans of Kanata are more lax. So long as their kids get a photo opportunity with Spartacat, they could care less about the score. In Montreal, they will send harassing DMs to distant family members because he made a bad pass in a pre-season scrimmage.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Whoever leaked that listed needs to be fired from the organization. Nothing good comes from making that information public right now.

But since it is public....why in the world did he pick the exact teams most players actively want to go to?

Guessing he and his agent worked on balancing a list that blocked teams who would be interested in pursuing him vs teams with the cap space to do so, so he could maximize his ability to control where he goes.

I don't know what sort of math goes into it but beyond personal preference I'd have to think that was the reasoning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad